Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Saw the game yesterday.
Lo Celso should have had 3 very good assists yesterday...all 3 wasted by their forwards.
The game was slow paced but Lo Celso did his job well in the 10.

Lo Celso played got his PL starting debut in Dec2019.
Between Jan-Mar, he played very well in deep role...only we lost our entire attack losing likes of Kane, Son, Bergwijn to injuries.

Then in most of 2020, he was played in right wing where he was least effective. In addition, 2019/20 season he played with pain. meds for his thigh injury. Not many of our fans take this into account.

IMO, Lo Celso has to be played either close to the striker, behind Kane...or deep midfield receiving ball from CB. Being moved to the right side is his worst case sceanrio. I hope Fonseca knows how to use him and use accordingly.

Saw the game yesterday.
Lo Celso should have had 3 very good assists yesterday...all 3 wasted by their forwards.
The game was slow paced but Lo Celso did his job well in the 10.

Lo Celso played got his PL starting debut in Dec2019.
Between Jan-Mar, he played very well in deep role...only we lost our entire attack losing likes of Kane, Son, Bergwijn to injuries.

Then in most of 2020, he was played in right wing where he was least effective. In addition, 2019/20 season he played with pain. meds for his thigh injury. Not many of our fans take this into account.

IMO, Lo Celso has to be played either close to the striker, behind Kane...or deep midfield receiving ball from CB. Being moved to the right side is his worst case sceanrio. I hope Fonseca knows how to use him and use accordingly.
Just having him (and others) managed by someone other than a dinosaur is the best starting point.

I have never had any doubt about Lo Celso's talent, and we have seen quite a few glimpses of that already.
With a manager who has a proper attacking plan he will thrive, I am sure of that

Who the heck is this he looks nothing like the player who played for us last season.
He was rarely fit. Also it's an ok 1 min of highlights but there was also the usual losing the ball, being tackled amongst the excellent chances he created. He has a long way to go before we can get excited by what he offers

Weird take....

Does the same apply to Foyth (and Lamela before him)?

....I doubt most even watch Argentina games.

Lamela has never been a regular for Argentina, and neither is Foyth. It's not that Argentina are any great side, they are far from it. But in my opinion, Lo Celso definitely gets over-rated by some, and I genuinely believe the fact that he's an Argentine international is a small part of that.

He was rarely fit. Also it's an ok 1 min of highlights but there was also the usual losing the ball, being tackled amongst the excellent chances he created. He has a long way to go before we can get excited by what he offers
I do not mind a player losing the ball as long as they are attempting something, you then try to win the ball back as quick as possible. The problem with Mourinho is he was a very risk averse with the ball and even then when we lost the ball we pressed poorly so it was hard to win the ball back. I just was saying I did not see him trying to put in any decent crosses but could be the way we played that Kane drops too deep so we have no-one attacking the centre back.

Lamela has never been a regular for Argentina, and neither is Foyth. It's not that Argentina are any great side, they are far from it. But in my opinion, Lo Celso definitely gets over-rated by some, and I genuinely believe the fact that he's an Argentine international is a small part of that.

Foyth has been fairly regular.... Like here, Lamela's fitness has been his issue - There were times past where he was keeping more celebrated players out the running.

Re: GLC - I think it's just a typical case where some take his highlights as the measure of his level whilst others take the low-lights (whilst of course some also adopt the middle ground)..... No different to Ndombele for example.

Besides it was more the specific claim related to Messi that I reacted to not the broader issue of his nationality.

Found it:​

www.dictionary.com

Fonseca-Ball [ fom-sek-uh-bawl]

noun​

1. the act of defining, or of making footballers better. Giving definite, distinct, or clear instruction to humans of a lower IQ, but who also happen to be multimillionaire sportsmen : We need a better tactical definition of his attacking and positional responsibilities.

2. The opposite of Portugese Dinosaur-Ball

3. Bobby's Portugese Uncle!
:harrylol::harrylol::harrylol:

How weird. At 25 his best season for appearances remains 2017-18 for PSG. And they let him to to Real Betis immediately the next season.

from what I have seen he is much better in slower games against worse opponents.

Oh amazing, he did well in a home game Argentina drew with Chile with no assists or goals again.
Hardly Lo Celso’s fault that he didn’t get an assist in this game. If he created those chances in a Spurs shirt then he would have a lot of assists. He certainly needs to start putting together better performances for us but this was not a game to criticise him.

Hardly Lo Celso’s fault that he didn’t get an assist in this game. If he created those chances in a Spurs shirt then he would have a lot of assists. He certainly needs to start putting together better performances for us but this was not a game to criticise him.
Whose fault is his Spurs career so far?

Additionally, do you think the Chilean national side could finish top half in the Premier League? 🤔

Back
Top Bottom