Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whose fault is his Spurs career so far?

Additionally, do you think the Chilean national side could finish top half in the Premier League? šŸ¤”
Combination of factors really. Firstly you have to allow players some time to settle in (Iā€™m talking months, not years), he has struggled with injuries, I donā€™t think Jose has helped at all with his tactics or where he has played him, and of course he can not go without fault himself.
If you look at his first season he was barely played at first then after he broke into the side he was one of our best players. People can look at stats and assume he doesnā€™t do much but he has primarily been played deep where it is harder to produce big numbers. His second season was disrupted by injuries and he was disappointing (despite some good performances earlier in the season). Without Lo Celso or Ndombele we look like a far worse side, with both of them on the pitch under a coach that doesnā€™t want our players camped inside our defensive third we might play some decent football.

As for Chile, I donā€™t follow them nor much football outside of the Premier League but based on your comment Iā€™ll assume that they are shite. If your argument is that Lo Celso was playing against a rubbish side then maybe you should have said that it your original post (as Iā€™m thatā€™s actually a fair point) rather than moan he didnā€™t get an assist when he put chances on a plate multiple times for his team mates.

He was very good last night
Created a few good chances and got into advanced positions.

I think he's better when he plays in the 3 more advanced

I've been begging for ages for someone to play

Hojbjerg

Lo Celso Ndombele

As a 3 and GLC/TN more advanced. It would be so much better for us.

Hojbjerg

Lo Celso Ndombele

Weā€™d concede 10 goals every game.

Hojbjerg

Lo Celso Ndombele

The problem with that is that GLC or Ndombele have to drop back so deep no matter the formation because PEH can't handle moving the ball forward in the deep role. If we had someone like Brozovic who could sit back and move the ball we could have those two forward like that but with PEH if he is the deep lying player he will always need help moving the ball.

Hojbjerg

Lo Celso Ndombele

The times Ndombele and Lo Celso played together we did not look good at all.

Lo Celso, no doubt, is a top-class player - and when he joined PSG back in 2016 he was seen as one of the most promising midfielders around. But he's been too injury-prone so far to get settled in the EPL and getting in the stride. He was injury-prone before he joined Spurs so I wonder why they did not do a better job at checking that issue out before signing him.
He proved during his time at Real Betis that he's still a top player but I doubt he's "made" for the EPL, where the intensity will have a strong impact on his already "debile" body.
I would be open to selling him, but of course, in these hard economic times, it will be hard to recuperate the money Spurs spent on him as well as getting an "affordable" replacement this summer.
Marcel Sabitzer could be that player who could step in though.

giphy.webp

Back
Top Bottom