Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good Performance > Gets Injured > Rots on the bench > Good Performance > Gets Injured - Rinse and Repeat

I think just some players are not cut out for this league, I would bet large sums of money that he is injured again before Maddision comes back and if he somehow stays Injury free till January we should take full advantage and cash in on him why we can.
You say that like the PL is some kinda 1980's cloggers Division, with hardnuts and psychopaths in every team...

We've more foreign players in this League than ever before, it's more Continental football than we've ever known...

NONE of these players will ever have to face 'Chopper'Arris' or Vinnie Jones...

It's a totally sanitised continental league now... With players being rewarded with diving (except ours) and non contact rules commonplace...
The likes of Lo Celso and Gil SHOULD fit right in!

Or maybe it’s just been bad luck - here’s hoping anyway 🤞 We really need him to stay healthy and keep performing like he did against Villa until Madders is back.
Bad luck.... US?? Nah mate, you've got the wrong team there fella... When has luck ever deserted US???

(checks history books)

....oh yeah, I see what you mean!

He did well in the Villa game, I don't think he was doing much up until his goal, I hopes he keeps it up and improves.

He did well in the Villa game, I don't think he was doing much up until his goal, I hopes he keeps it up and improves.
He was playing a holding role in the first half (with Deki at the 10) - and not playing it particularly well. Ange corrected his mistake by bringing in PEH at halftime - LoCelso was able to play farther forward after that and did well.

Talk about stepping up when needed. In two games he's also scored two Maddison-esque beauties too.

At the very least he will get us some money if sold, and more than that he could actually help us in the interim after all.

I knew it back in 2020.

npfqzgY.jpg
Gareth Bale, is that you?

Agree - but Madders is our starter and LoCelso/Deki are our backup 10s. You’re not going to get a player of Erikson (in his prime), Kane or Madders quality to join us as a squad option.

Players that have that have the kind of vision to “see the pass before it’s there” consistently are exceedingly rare. Most teams don’t have one player on their squad with that kind of quality much less two imho
Oh boy, the “Tottenham” (Levy) supporter mentality…

Why doesn't everybody else do it then?

Why doesn't everybody else do it then?
Lol

Man City no need to talk about them, they had quality before and they still do. Arse bought 100m Rice this summer, same position as Partey. Liverpool have Salah, Diaz, Nunez, Jota and Gakpo up front. Man Utd have a shit squad. Chavs have like 100 players. Newcastle will be the new Man City in a few years.

Only Spurs goes with this stupid “hurr durr y doesn’t wanna be backup to x player” mentality, more like another excuse for your bald Master for not buying quality players.

City signed Phillips for Rodri competition. At the time he started for England and would have been Liverpool's starting DM.

All those teams assign starting 11 level wages to their back up 11 player. Just because they don't always sign a player as good as their starter doesn't mean they didn't try to.

We spent 40m on Sanchez when we already had peak Jan & Toby........ If all we're talking about is 'aim' and spending.

2nd reminder of OG post: "You’re not going to get a player of Erikson (in his prime), Kane or Madders quality to join us as a squad option."

Keep the goalposts still, fella.

Lol

Man City no need to talk about them, they had quality before and they still do. Arse bought 100m Rice this summer, same position as Partey. Liverpool have Salah, Diaz, Nunez, Jota and Gakpo up front. Man Utd have a shit squad. Chavs have like 100 players. Newcastle will be the new Man City in a few years.

Only Spurs goes with this stupid “hurr durr y doesn’t wanna be backup to x player” mentality, more like another excuse for your bald Master for not buying quality players.
Partey and Rice were both starting before Partey went down to injury. Partey was t moving to the bench cause of Rice.

It’s not about Levy or the budget. Osihmen is not going to City to be Haaland’s back up - No matter how much City offer to pay him. There’s usually one playmaker who dominates the ball in a starting 11. A world class playmaker will not want to be Madders back up.

A healthy LoCelso is a squad option for a lot of top teams. It’s why Barca are reportedly desperate for him.

Back
Top Bottom