Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lo Celso got clattered, it was not an issue with his conditioning. He took a whack from some nobhead and hurt his hip. There were 10 yellow cards in this “friendly” between two teams that hate each other, especially after the Copa America where Messi got a red card. It was a game that should never have been played at this point in the season.
We can’t even say with complete assurance what his injury is. We are still guessing if it’s his foot or hip or what the club say. We have a player who Poch said was completely unfit who went away for a friendly and got injured. When Kane gets smashed in the ankle late is the game does fatigue play a part.

that's a bloody good idea
I wouldn't have wanted to play against Kieron Dyer or Anderton.

Its not a great idea as an innocuous tame foul can cause more damage than an over the top lunge depending on the player, the way they fall and loads of other inputs.

Poch never said he was completely unfit, he played in 3 matches for us! He said he was not in the same condition as the players who had a full preseason, that’s all. Being fit means you can train normally and be considered for selection, it doesn’t mean you are in peak condition or ready to start a game in the PL.
He was fit ready to go dude as he played the copa America. Clever bollocks of Poch persisted with a sideways retain possession go no where midfield. A bit of a fuck up

What has that to do with my question ? Surely at some point in a season (I would imagine at the beginning after the summer break) a manager has no injury worries whatsoever and can choose from a full squad. I simply asked when did Poch last have that option. Why single out Pep and his best player/ left back problems :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

It’s just rare that any manager gets to pick from a full, fit squad is all.

He wasn’t fully fit just a little fit but fit enough to fully train but not fit enough to start, but fit enough to play one half......for Spurs......but fit enough to start for Argentina.

Now he’s fucked.

How predictable.

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

One day supporting this club won’t be a cunt.

Deep down Sammy you don’t really believe that

I’ve had nearly 60 years of it

Poch never said he was completely unfit, he played in 3 matches for us! He said he was not in the same condition as the players who had a full preseason, that’s all. Being fit means you can train normally and be considered for selection, it doesn’t mean you are in peak condition or ready to start a game in the PL.
Your talking about the wrong player.

I wouldn't have wanted to play against Kieron Dyer or Anderton.

Its not a great idea as an innocuous tame foul can cause more damage than an over the top lunge depending on the player, the way they fall and loads of other inputs.
It stops arsehole players trying to inflict injury.

It stops arsehole players trying to inflict injury.
That's what redcards are for, you can't punish based on outcome as the same offence will have different punishments.

It would also ruin the game as you would be scared to challenge an injury prone player.

All players are injury prone if others are allowed to kick bolt holes out of them in meaningless matches. Either stop friendlies or punish yellow and red card offences that result in a player missing league games.
Red card in an international leads to missing a league game?

Back
Top Bottom