Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s good to just get some money for him and get him off payroll. I understand a club might pay 25 million for him… but Gio has to agree to sign for that club.

He’s worth negative value to us so we can’t afford to miss out on a sale for a couple million.

It’s good to just get some money for him and get him off payroll. I understand a club might pay 25 million for him… but Gio has to agree to sign for that club.

He’s worth negative value to us so we can’t afford to miss out on a sale for a couple million.
I think we have decent leverage over Lo Celso. It’s a World Cup year and he’ll be desperate to play regularly. If another Spanish club are prepared to pay more, I think he would go rather than rot on the bench.
Having said that, I’m not sure anyone will.

Why would a big club want a player who wasn't good enough for Tottenham?

Since he signed in 2019, he has 2 goals and 4 league assists in three seasons (combining Spurs and Villareal). My god that's dreadful.

Ndombele gets more stick because he's so obviously uninterested and cost more but Lo Celso really is the worse player by a good margin. In that same period Ndombele has 7 goals and 7 assists, which is not great but is more than double Lo Celso in goal outputs.

Take the 18m, clear the salary off the books, get another midfielder in and let's forget this happened.

I was of the opinion that he was a good signing at the beginning......... shows why I would never make a good scout!!
Like Ndombele, we need to get rid ASAP, they are doing nothing for the team or team spirit.

I was of the opinion that he was a good signing at the beginning......... shows why I would never make a good scout!!
Like Ndombele, we need to get rid ASAP, they are doing nothing for the team or team spirit.
Same here.

When we talk of Levy backing Conte, it's not just providing the funds to sign players in January and £150m this summer.

Perhaps the biggest way Levy has backed Conte is in agreeing to ship out players the coach didn't want in the squad (Ndombele, GLC, Dele).

He didn't do this for Mourinho. Levy's number one hate is making a loss on a player, and we're going to lose money on all three. But Conte showed what he could deliver with a squad who all bought in to his methods.

It's a low offer but I don't give a shit, take the hit and move on because I don't want players who are embroiled in a trasfer saga purely becuase the club can make an extra £10m on them hanging around the squad with one foot our the door going into the new season and I suspect neither would Conte

I prefer Lo Celso over Ndombele.

But that’s like saying I prefer getting kicked in the testicles to having a prostate exam.

Hopefully they both fuck off quickly so we can get on with our lives.

Same here.

When we talk of Levy backing Conte, it's not just providing the funds to sign players in January and £150m this summer.

Perhaps the biggest way Levy has backed Conte is in agreeing to ship out players the coach didn't want in the squad (Ndombele, GLC, Dele).

He didn't do this for Mourinho. Levy's number one hate is making a loss on a player, and we're going to lose money on all three. But Conte showed what he could deliver with a squad who all bought in to his methods.

He did it for Poch.

He also did to a degree last summer.

Seriously, Eriksen literally came back from the dead and did more in the last 3 months at Brentford than Gio has done in 2.5 years with us. £18m is good money for a player who never does anything.

Completely different class of player.

Eriksen’s chance creation and assists numbers are incredible. Despite being dubbed a playmaker … Gio is actually much more like a shit Lucas

Last edited:
Never was a CM- always been a CAM. Is succeeding at Villareal because they recognize this and play him in that position.

20m euro is low- should be shooting for 25m. Getting the deal is more important than not doing it at all though, so if we have to eat a few quid in that range, DO IT.

25m for a player who scores and assists one goal a year?
Its euros, and probably the last 20% is in performance bonuses achievable by Gio. He can score em in Spain- we know that. He can't score em from CM in the prem though- and maybe not at CAM in the prem either- we never really got a chance to find out since we never played him there.

Levy‘s hard negotiating attitude was gonna eventually bite him on the arse we need rid of Lo Celso and definitely N’Dombele as soon as….clubs will know that but….

Back
Top Bottom