Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As I always point out - playing well in an international, for one of the worlds top teams, is not indicative. They're often playing teams who barely qualify as professional players.

Do we rate Kane so highly because he scored 5 goals in an England friendly against Albania?
No. It's because he's on his way to scoring 200 goals in one of the toughest leagues in the world. Even there, there are plenty who question his ability to score/turn up in big games.
I get what you mean, though South America has relatively few minnows , the cannon fodder of that continent get lumped in with Caribbean teams. The fact he's getting regularly picked over the many other players Argentina could choose means he clearly has some merit.

But yes , he clearly suits the slower pace of internationals and flopped for Spurs.

No buy option

Shrewd that imo.
Gets him off the wage book.
If he does the business there and/or in the World Cup, they’ll have to stump up the cash for him or risk us selling him in the January window. And his stock could very well improve considerably between now & January - certainly more so than training g with our U 23’s or on his own.
And he gets to play in the run up to the World Cup.
Happy with this deal as it works well for everyone (although it would probably have been better if we could have got a decent fee for him here and now)

He's a complete fraud as big a waste of money as Ndombele. Can't wait for both to begone. How many goals and assists did he get? He is the epitome of average Mason Caskey Winks level player constantly given a veneer of respect because he is Argentine. The so called good spell he had I went back and examined it..its not good it's that word again average. Can't recall two players I had such high hopes for being less effective.

apparently loan with option. Wanted this absolute fraud of a footballer gone for good or at least obligation ffs.

It's almost impossible to sell players as bad as him, only one team was interested and they have no money.

He’s not a fraud. Played well for about half a season at Spurs and played well at Villarreal last season, from what I heard. He has ability, just that for some reason it went wrong for him here, possibly attitude issues. I haven’t heard much being reported about how he’s like though, in comparison with Ndombele who is often labelled as lazy and careless.

He is very much a fraud, he has scored 2 league goals (1 for us, 1 for Villareal) since September 2019. He was signed as our Eriksen replacement and has been an utter failure.

He had a decent couple of months very early on under Mourinho where he ran around and got stuck in (still didn't score or assist). Then the injuries started and he gave up.

It's almost impossible to sell players as bad as him, only one team was interested and they have no money.

He is very much a fraud, he has scored 2 league goals (1 for us, 1 for Villareal) since September 2019. He was signed as our Eriksen replacement and has been an utter failure.

He had a decent couple of months very early on under Mourinho where he ran around and got stuck in (still didn't score or assist). Then the injuries started and he gave up.
Its like he has some magic hypnotic hat. What the fuck are people still not seeing. He can be busy and that's it that's all there is. ... the man's an attacking creative midfield player he can't score, he cant pass long brilliantly his one touch game is basic, chugginly one paced. Can't shoot, average set peice delivery...As big as unflushable turd as N'dombele is he has actually affected more games for Spurs. How depressing is that!

He’s not a fraud. Played well for about half a season at Spurs and played well at Villarreal last season, from what I heard. He has ability, just that for some reason it went wrong for him here, possibly attitude issues. I haven’t heard much being reported about how he’s like though, in comparison with Ndombele who is often labelled as lazy and careless.
He's either very, very shit or a fraud. You can choose.

Its like he has some magic hypnotic hat. What the fuck are people still not seeing. He can be busy and that's it that's all there is. ... the man's an attacking creative midfield player he can't score, he can pass long brilliantly his one touch game is basic, chugginly one paced. Can't shoot, average set peice delivery...
i am 100% sure my dead grandma can hit a ball harder then he can

He’s a fraud meaning as what he did for Spurs, but he’s not a fraud as a player.
He had a great season with Betis, scored 16 goals, but PL doesn’t suit him obviously.

Hopefully he can have a great WC so Spurs can sell him in January.

This isn't impossible.
My father in law (Argentinian) is always surprised how badly he's viewed here, and how unsuited he is to England. They really like him in Arg.
Yeah he's a decent player, unfortunately fans on forums like this tend to be club fans rather than football fans, and that reflects in limiting their perspective. Our manager has a certain way of playing and atm lo celso doesn't fit that But Contes
NOT as closed minded as fans on here.. for eg our Croatian LHS player Perasic was in a similar position at Milan to lo celso.... conte loaned him out for a season and the rests history, so all's good Contes put 2 gether a top squad and players need compete and THATS the key.

Shrewd that imo.
Gets him off the wage book.
If he does the business there and/or in the World Cup, they’ll have to stump up the cash for him or risk us selling him in the January window. And his stock could very well improve considerably between now & January - certainly more so than training g with our U 23’s or on his own.
And he gets to play in the run up to the World Cup.
Happy with this deal as it works well for everyone (although it would probably have been better if we could have got a decent fee for him here and now)

I think it's more the case that he's got a handshake deal with them where if he refuses to go anywhere else, they can keep on loaning him with a mere option till his contract expires...

I think I'd rather we just gave up on the idea of a trf fee and just charged them a decent loan fee each season......

He’s a fraud meaning as what he did for Spurs, but he’s not a fraud as a player.
He had a great season with Betis, scored 16 goals, but PL doesn’t suit him obviously.

Hopefully he can have a great WC so Spurs can sell him in January.
Do you recall that season that Bobby Zamora had at Fulham mate? That's what we brought. Betis whose games I watched on Sky whilst he was their was an outlier in my opinion not his mean.

Yeah he's a decent player, unfortunately fans on forums like this tend to be club fans rather than football fans, and that reflects in limiting their perspective.
Our manager has a certain way of playing and atm lo celso doesn't fit that But Contes
NOT as closed minded as fans on here..

Ummmmm...... Bollocks.

Weren't you the guy crying about being bullied the other day?

....Now you're casually gobbing off about all the people here?

Check yourself, flower!

for eg our Croatian LHS player Perasic was in a similar position at Milan to lo celso.... conte loaned him out for a season and the rests history, so all's good Contes put 2 gether a top squad and players need compete and THATS the key.

You blame Conte-ball, but what about Jose, Mason, Nuno too?

Similarly, it's all very well blaming the EPL for not suiting him, but he was fucking dreadful in the ECL which is 3rd tier Euro-ball (didn't fare much better in the EL either)!

Last edited:
he's an absolute certified fraud.

doesn't get involved in general play, absolute shambles of a set piece taker and can't even generate any strength in his 'stronger' foot.

and it was reported that he's disliked in the squad.

Permanent, loan, it doesn't matter really.

It's clear he has no space here and he should be playing football so good move for all parties. Hopefully he has a good half a season and we bring him back. Villarreal can then either stump up the cash or we just sell him or send him back on loan again for the second half of the season.

Why didn't Villarreal buy him? I mean reportedly he was great for them on loan last season. At least Lo Celso didn't stink the place out like N'Dombele on loan.

Villarreal took him on loan and he performed well for them so what's wrong with the cunts? What more do they fucking want?

Why didn't Villarreal buy him? I mean reportedly he was great for them on loan last season. At least Lo Celso didn't stink the place out like N'Dombele on loan.

Villarreal took him on loan and he performed well for them so what's wrong with the cunts? What more do they fucking want?
They don’t have money.

Back
Top Bottom