Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch chose Lo Celso in 2019 for £42m ( £15m loan fee and £27m purchase fee) when in at the same time Brighton bought the younger Alexis MacAllister for 7m.

Ouch the difference hurts. And only one of them looks to be a PL player
Hindsight is 20/20. If we had battled Brighton for MacAllister everyone would have said we had no ambition. At the time GLC looked to be a good buy and most people on this board were excited for it

Ffs this is getting boring now. Happy to take risks playing pretty much anyone at RB over KWP, but when it comes to a midfielder to replace those out of form... no chance.

I still think this is Poch having a sook at Levy for bringing him in so late in the window to save a couple weeks wages.

I mean the guy is a professional footballer and has played 90 mins since 8 years old. It is Watford at home. Take him off if he looks tired.

You'd have to be a mug to sign for Spurs these days if you expect playing time. Benchwarmers and mercenary wage thieves need apply.

"Far away from the level they need to be"

The players starting ahead of them are getting battered by Brighton so if they're far away from that level we are fucked tbh.

He was mustard tonight, always looking forward, passing between the lines and around corners - he's got that great low centre of gravity which seems to help the ball stick to his feet too.

Reminds me of Bernado Silva at times, for some reason.

Gio Lo Celso has ended Ossie Wembley

The Simpsons Reaction GIF by FOX International Channels

I was especially impressed with how he won the ball back on several occasions, in particular the one that led to our first goal. Not that I want to dig out Eriksen, but if this guy is his replacement that was a tackle you wouldn't see him making.

I think the yellow card hindered his performance in second half. Very harsh first booking considering Xhaka got away with a few blatant fouls and his didn’t seem as bad. Will have a big season for us.

Back
Top Bottom