Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looked very good going forward. Not so much when trying to defend. There is definetely a player there, it would be a crime if we let him go.
Then he is a goner because whoever does not tracking back and defend will not be in a Mourinho's team. He looked very Martial-esque and you guys know what happened at Manure in relation to Jose and Martial.

Didn't watch the game, was he that bad? From the moments ive seen him play for us he's looked pretty decent. Realistically his best position is as a 10 but I doubt Jose will play him there.

It's not an option if we qualify for the CL though. Mandatory buy clause.

Based on the reporting we've gotten about the lower cost to make the transfer official in January it seems pretty clear that if it isn't picked up he's gone - barring top four, in which case it's mandatory, but if he's unwanted we can probably flog him off elsewhere and recoup the difference.

Didn't watch the game, was he that bad? From the moments ive seen him play for us he's looked pretty decent. Realistically his best position is as a 10 but I doubt Jose will play him there.

Don't think he was bad, but he definitely was not at his best. He was one step behind most movements defensively.

I put more of his lack of involvement down to having a CM2 of Sissoko and Dier. He was tasked with winning the second ball off of Moura and well, we just played right into Bayern's hands on that.

The front three supporting Moura, Sess, Eriksen, and Lo Celso were completely lost for large portions of the game because of the way we played.

But I do think this highlights what Jose looks for in his players. He would rather have a bunch of Sissoko's on the wing that will work and battle than Juan Mata's.

Hopefully Jose and Gio can have a sit down and clear the air. Gio was obviously brought in specifically for Poch so there might be some awkwardness there that needs clearing up.

It was not quite like that but more as follows
Gk
RB LB
RH Ch LH
IR IL
RW CF LW

Although many CH's played deeper as a back 3.
Anyone that does not understand the abbreviations was not there.

CH was always in between the FBs - three at the back.
Wing halves were the midfield - two of them
IR and IL played either side of the CF. Wingers outside them - five up front

3 - 2 - 5

Played on peat bogs in driving rain with leather balls and hob nailed boots. No subs, cold sponge, cigarette smoke, horse linament, oranges and a cup of tea. Getting wet in the stands with your rattle and rosette..

And you tell that to the kids of today...

Last edited:
The problem with Gio is he has to help defensively. This is not La Liga. The first Bayern goal he should have been back to help KWP who was 1v2. He had to cover Coutinho which left Coman all alone to score. Mourinho won't play him at all if he can't work hard for the team. And some people want him to play CM? We would be overrun every game cause he wouldn't track back

Yeah I think this too, he's similar in some aspects to Alli so maybe we should have played "work-horse" Eriksen on the right and let him do the running and Lo Celso in AMC.

Doesn't look good for him here in all honesty, I thought he was really poor last night-not many weren't but that was his audition for the new boss.

Agree.Can't see him being here Feb 1st.
EDIT
Just been informed, we have him on a season long loan deal
I think he has to stay til summer mate does he? Or can his loan be terminated? Not sure we would terminate it but can't see him getting near the first 11 if everyone is fit tbh.
Shame, he looks like he has a bit too.

I think he has to stay til summer mate does he? Or can his loan be terminated? Not sure we would terminate it but can't see him getting near the first 11 if everyone is fit tbh.
Shame, he looks like he has a bit too.
I thought it was a Loan till Jan ,then an option to buy, just to get it over the line because of the deadline.But just been informed it isn't. So yeah.,here till the summer.
I had high hopes for him also, but he doesn't seem to fit in with the new boss's plans.

We paid a £15m loan fee so there’s no chance he leaves in January, that would be throwing money away. He’s here until the end of the season and he has to work hard.

Honestly my feeling from him is that he isn’t that eager to stay and might not be cut out for the PL. His display last night wasn’t what I’d expect from someone who is hungry to stay at Tottenham.

The problem with Gio is he has to help defensively. This is not La Liga. The first Bayern goal he should have been back to help KWP who was 1v2. He had to cover Coutinho which left Coman all alone to score. Mourinho won't play him at all if he can't work hard for the team. And some people want him to play CM? We would be overrun every game cause he wouldn't track back

Couldn't of said it better, and people want us to play 4-3-3, with Le Celso and Ndombele alongside another, in the midfield, sucidal to say the least. Ndombele can play the play maker role in the 4-2-3-1, just needs get acclimatize himself to the pace of the league.

Back
Top Bottom