Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I believe we are obligated to buy him if we get in Europe at all.

"The purchase option [for Lo Celso] can be exercised by this January market," Catalan (Betis Chairman) told ABC de Sevilla.

"They would have to pay €32million (£27.3million)...in June [a €40m permanent deal] is mandatory if they get into the Champions League, and voluntary if not. They will have to make the decision whether they buy or not."

I think he was trying too hard to impress against Bayern. He's clearly frustrated that he hasn't gotten more game time so far and this was the way he reacted on the pitch. A rather human thing to do, but it doesn't help most of the times. He should instead keep calm and listen to his manager. More opportunities will surely come his way.

Is this ironic or something?

Eriksen was so much better tonight. By every measure. Don't be biased.
Nothing Lo Celso did would make you set back and think yeaa...£60m player. Seemed no better than what the 10th team in the league would have. Coincidentally Real Betis also finished 10th last season in their league.

I think he was trying too hard to impress against Bayern. He's clearly frustrated that he hasn't gotten more game time so far and this was the way he reacted on the pitch. A rather human thing to do, but it doesn't help most of the times. He should instead keep calm and listen to his manager. More opportunities will surely come his way.

Think it was because of the way we played. We didn’t play the ball on the floor at all and thus the players that enjoy playing football looked like shit. If we are going to be a lump it up field type of team the likes of Lo Celso are pretty much done for. Jose is going to target hard working wingers that will battle And that have more direct pace versus cutting in and linking play.

"The purchase option [for Lo Celso] can be exercised by this January market," Catalan (Betis Chairman) told ABC de Sevilla.

"They would have to pay €32million (£27.3million)...in June [a €40m permanent deal] is mandatory if they get into the Champions League, and voluntary if not. They will have to make the decision whether they buy or not."

Wow! That's quite the drop-off in price since the summer even if we do factor in any loan fee.

Good work from the chairman when you consider at one point they were throwing around figures if up to 100m euro in the summer.

All of this back and forth for months about the content and context of Lo Celso's loan deal...

And we haven't moved an inch. Honestly, what are people struggling with? The definition of the word "obligation" and whether in Portugese it might translate to something different entirely?

Honestly think we should give him a run in midfield, he played there for PSG and knows how to keep things ticking.

He can also tackle, dribble and is quite good at keeping possession. That’s more than I can say for the other options we have there at the moment.

We won’t know until we give him a run of games. . .

So does anybody have any ITK on what is going on with GLC? Is it simply a case of no spaces free for him with DMSK banging them in all over the show in a 4-2-4?
I think for now Jose doesn’t have the luxury to experiment with players without premier league experience. Also he might not be fit or speak English very well to clearly communicate with the other players.

Holiday period will force Jose to rotate and he will get his chance then.

I think for now Jose doesn’t have the luxury to experiment with players without premier league experience. Also he might not be fit or speak English very well to clearly communicate with the other players.

Yeh, I tend to think Jose has settled on this week's team as his best 11 for the time being.

I sense he'll fall for Sissoko's charms very quickly.

I doubt he'll be particularly driven to bring Ndombele back in until he can prove he's got the lungs and hustle he wants to see.

I think he speaks close to zero English. But that should not be that big of an issue considering the amount of Spanish and French speakers in our team. And footballers can just resort to speaking "football" (pointing and screaming).

As you said he will get his chances during the holidays. Like another poster here I want to see him tried in that deep lying playmaker/8 role if Tanguy is going to be out for a while.

Wow! That's quite the drop-off in price since the summer even if we do factor in any loan fee.

Good work from the chairman when you consider at one point they were throwing around figures if up to 100m euro in the summer.
100m for Lo Celso?! Yikes.

Also even if there is an obligation to buy, what if the player doesnt want to move since he will likely end up quite low in the pecking order.

100m for Lo Celso?! Yikes.

Also even if there is an obligation to buy, what if the player doesnt want to move since he will likely end up quite low in the pecking order.

I can only assume that like the clubs it's a deal he's already signed and committed to too.

I think people are using the MOTD analysis to beat Sissoko down but Dier was the real problem. He often had time and space to turn and pass forward but didnt. And not only did he not pass forward, he made a poor pass backward.
With a steadier DM next to him Sissoko can feel more safe charging forwards with the ball rather than worrying what will happen if he loses it (his partner is gonna be of NO use)

Back
Top Bottom