Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Obviously we are going to exercise it.

Lo Celso is in a tricky position because the guy who did a lot of the courting to get him in is gone. But due to circumstance (injuries, rated as unfit by Poch early in the season, Poch's sacking). He has not gotten the minutes he and we all expected. But he needs to soldier on, show that he is committed and maybe have a talk with Mourinho so both parties are on the same page and it will work out.

Jose knows what a talent he is. He just needs to get on a run of form and it will become clear. And some runs need to start off the bench.

What Gio and Tanguy need to understand is that they are new, barely speak a word of English and are the players Jose will know the least about. We are also 3rd in he form league at the moment since the new manager came in and it's downnto them to find their feet in a new boisterous league, a new way of living and lifestyle, new surroundings and they need to own it when the moments come.

It's not as bad as it looks or seems. Both, along with Sessegnon picked up injuries here and there at the worst time for them to settle and by the time Gio was back we were in turmoil. It's not about integrating them at present, it's about getting things settled as a unit again and then you can experiment, you build from the back in football and Gio + Tanguy simply need to wait until they can be utilised in what is now a squad game.

I like Gio but I love winning. When we stop winning and Jose refuses to drop his favourites then I'll be upset. Until then it is what it is. I'm sure Gio will knuckle down and take his chances when they come.

Especially when the injury stick hits us and Eriksen gets his dream move abroad.

Mate, we are 3 points off of top 4 as it stands. Why would Levy even be thinking that we won't get it at this stage?
That is my point as well. If we do not buy him in January then it means he does not believe it as financially it makes sense to buy him in January unless he really thinks there is a good chance that he can get out of buying him if lo Celso does not impress Jose

That is my point as well. If we do not buy him in January then it means he does not believe it as financially it makes sense to buy him in January unless he really thinks there is a good chance that he can get out of buying him if lo Celso does not impress Jose
It really is fucking ironic if the public sign of Levy's trust and faith in Jose is going to be exercising an option early and buying a player that Jose doesn't fancy.

Is there any way out and ship him back??

He is light weight for the PL and he isn't David Silva, hence on the bench.

I think Levy rushed to satisfy/shut Poch and did this "unnecessary" signing IMO. We needed a DM.

I suspect he's on loan because levy had an inkling things were going wrong with Poch. Which leads me to think Levy wouldn't leave himself in a position to spend that kind of money on an unwanted player. There must be a back door.

Give him time. Early days yet.

If we'd bought him I'd agree with that.
If we genuinely have no option at all but to buy gum, I'd agree with that.
If there is a way of getting shot and letting the new coach spend that money on a player we need that he wants, that needs to be done. We can't afford to spend the money on a bench warmer that'll depreciate heavily. IE, another Solduddo.

Jose never fancied KdB either.

Gio will one day join an elite european club and become one of the best AMs in the world and the portuguese Pulis will be shown up for what a dinosaur he is with his neanderthal brand of football.

For the time being, we have no option but to watch donkeys like Dier snd Sissoko in midfield giving away possessions cheaply because they have the technical quality of pub players.

Jose never fancied KdB either.

Gio will one day join an elite european club and become one of the best AMs in the world and the portuguese Pulis will be shown up for what a dinosaur he is with his neanderthal brand of football.

For the time being, we have no option but to watch donkeys like Dier snd Sissoko in midfield giving away possessions cheaply because they have the technical quality of pub players.

That's a huge assumption there. For every KdB that he didn't fancy there are probably a lot of others that went on to achieve nothing.

Your argument seems to be predicated on a sense of certainty around a future where Lo Celso is shit. And that's a pretty shit way to form an argument. So fucken behave yersel

I haven't actually said, or at least meant to say I think he's either good or bad. That's not my point. My point is that if Mourinho doesn't fancy him, he's gonna just end up wasting away on the bench. That can actually make a good player bad.

He's going to want to buy his own players and we aren't rich (we don't spend) so if he can save himself £40m ish on GLC and spend it on a player he will utilize, I'd be happier.

That's a huge assumption there. For every KdB that he didn't fancy there are probably a lot of others that went on to achieve nothing.
Just like Ndombele, he has the potential to be one of the best in his position that's why the club was committed to spend big money on him.

He's much more likely to be the next KdB than becoming an average player at average club.

No idea what you mean. Are you 7?
You're a dolt because you're one of the fools still running around confused about the very straightforward terms of Lo Celso's loan.

'I suspect he's on loan because levy had an inkling things were going wrong with Poch.' Anybody that believes this was in a medically-induced coma back in the summer. To be kind, maybe you were on some sort of mission-trip in a developing country, cut off from the internet throughout the entire transfer saga.

You're a dolt because you're one of the fools still running around confused about the very straightforward terms of Lo Celso's loan.

'I suspect he's on loan because levy had an inkling things were going wrong with Poch.' Anybody that believes this was in a medically-induced coma back in the summer. To be kind, maybe you were on some sort of mission-trip in a developing country, cut off from the internet throughout the entire transfer saga.

Did you miss how shit we were in the league from January?
Did you miss multiple players running their contracts down?
Did you miss ever more erratic comments and behaviours from Poch?
Did you miss more players being outspoken than ever?

I doubt Levy did even if you didn't. I also very much doubt Levy missed the fact the GLC is a compatriot of Pochetino, from the same area of Argentina. It's entirely possibly Levy really was concerned about blowing a wad of cash on a player for the manager that he had doubts about.
You don't believe Levy sacked Poch on a Tuesday and phone Mourinho after, do you? That would have been going on months.

Did you miss how shit we were in the league from January?
Did you miss multiple players running their contracts down?
Did you miss ever more erratic comments and behaviours from Poch?
Did you miss more players being outspoken than ever?

I doubt Levy did even if you didn't. I also very much doubt Levy missed the fact the GLC is a compatriot of Pochetino, from the same area of Argentina. It's entirely possibly Levy really was concerned about blowing a wad of cash on a player for the manager that he had doubts about.
You don't believe Levy sacked Poch on a Tuesday and phone Mourinho after, do you? That would have been going on months.
So if you witnessed all of that, how in the fuck did you miss the part where the transfer had collapsed because Betis was strapped for cash and owed PSG 20% of the transfer, so Betis was holding out for crazy money?

The part where making it a "loan" with a hefty loan fee and contractual obligation to buy meant that the loan fee gave Betis the money they desperately wanted, without Spurs paying more just to offset PSG's cut of the deal.

No, it's obvious to this day that Spurs REALLY wanted Lo Celso quite badly, but Daniel Levy was being absolutely himself in furiously refusing to pay more than the going price just so that PSG could enjoy their slice of the pie. So he outdid himself by cutting the most creative loan deal of a life-time, in order to effectively sign Lo Celso but not flush money down the drain for the privilege of doing so.

If it was just a loan I could somewhat believe that Levy was a bit cautious. But it is one with an obligation to buy baked in so it was obviously a deal we made with every intention of making it a permanent.

Back
Top Bottom