Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Buy him and then sell him. Think it’s how this will pan out.

He’s not going to oust Dele - unless he gets injured Might get some game time- and he’s not a pacy winger. 100% not a José central midfielder either.

Should go back in for Grealish, he’s only going to get better.

Buy him and then sell him. Think it’s how this will pan out.

He’s not going to oust Dele - unless he gets injured Might get some game time- and he’s not a pacy winger. 100% not a José central midfielder either.

Should go back in for Grealish, he’s only going to get better.
He's certainly better player than Alli.

Maybe. But it’s not about better players. It’s about building a team and system.

If not you go down the Lampard, scholes, Gerrard route. Great players. But not as they were put into teams.

Jose clearly has got Dele playing off Kane and looking strong and dangerous. Think he’s better than Lo Celso in that situation.

He also prefers Sissoko to Lo Celso at RM/RW. I know who think the better footballer is there too. Dare say Lo Celso is a better footballer than that wolves RW as well.

I'd have more faith in saving money on this transfer being any kind of a good deal if GLC played any amount of good games in a Spurs shirt.

It's only a good deal if he plays or we make a profit on him, both of which are yet to be seen.

Personally would pick Grealish over him any day of the week, but DL couldn't negotiate that transfer despite months of talking and haggling over £7m.
What has Grealish done this season, all the plaudits at Villa have gone to McGinn.

And I'll refer back to what I said last season. Is Grealish any better than Ollie Norwood? Nothing to suggest he is.

What we need are players who we want to challenge for a place at the top table in good faith but also understand that they are playing for the shirt/club and although their playing time may vary its for the collective good. Lo Celso does present as one of those players.

What has Grealish done this season, all the plaudits at Villa have gone to McGinn.

And I'll refer back to what I said last season. Is Grealish any better than Ollie Norwood? Nothing to suggest he is.

Well. Grealish is Younger, more aggressive, arguably more effective.

15 appearances and 4 goals and 4 assists in a struggling team. That’s more than decent.

Everything I have seen or heard has him as a standout performer. Always looking for the ball. Strong player, athletic. Good on the ball. And most importantly with our current situation he is homegrown.

What’s not to like? You don’t rate Grealish? Or think Norwood is very very good. 28 years old. He’s at his peak.

I have liked the look of him in the few matches I have watched him play prior to coming to London but at the end of the day Lo Celso despite being a left footed Argie and touted for big money hasn't done anything to justify starting for us never mind us shelling out a substantial fee for him in his career as yet and spurs at the top end of the PL is a huge step up from Betis.
The jury is most def still out and I can't see him being a Mourinho midfielder tbph, possibly a terrible managerial appointment from his point of view.

Based on what? Dele’s goal tally is so much higher than Lo Celso’s that it’s a bit embarrassing to even make the comparison.

No doubt Gio has talent but using it effectively in the PL is a huge challenge and one that many expensive foreign players have failed. I have to be honest and say that Grealish or Maddison would be a better use of our money at this point. I don’t see the hunger from Lo Celso, he looks like a quiet little mouse so far.

15 appearances and 4 goals and 4 assists in a struggling team. That’s more than decent.

Everything I have seen or heard has him as a standout performer. Always looking for the ball. Strong player, athletic. Good on the ball. And most importantly with our current situation he is homegrown.

What’s not to like? You don’t rate Grealish? Or think Norwood is very very good. 28 years old. He’s at his peak.

If you remember, around this time last year I had people arguing with me that Grealish was a vastly superior player to Van De Beek.

And all this hullaballoo about Villa and Grealish and McGinn, yet as you mention they are struggling. Something a bit strange there.

If you want a decent midfield option, Norwood is more experienced, more suited to what we need as a defensive midfielder, has fantastic delivery from dead balls and can put a hard shift in. He's in the £10 million bracket to Grealish's fantasy figure of £60million+

Actually on the subject, I see Norwood outplayed Grealish AGAIN at the weekend there. 3 times in a row now.

If you remember, around this time last year I had people arguing with me that Grealish was a vastly superior player to Van De Beek.

And all this hullaballoo about Villa and Grealish and McGinn, yet as you mention they are struggling. Something a bit strange there.

If you want a decent midfield option, Norwood is more experienced, more suited to what we need as a defensive midfielder, has fantastic delivery from dead balls and can put a hard shift in. He's in the £10 million bracket to Grealish's fantasy figure of £60million+

Actually on the subject, I see Norwood outplayed Grealish AGAIN at the weekend there. 3 times in a row now.

£10m seems low. Which is good for Spurs.

Do you think that price would have gone up based on his performances in the PL. But seems a decent option as a stop gap.
We do need cover in that area, have to let wanyama go soon surely. Guess let’see who Jose picks.

Jesus Christ, Oli Norwood?! They are vastly different players and Grealish has far more talent and potential than Norwood ever had, especially creatively which is why I'd want him to replace Eriksen.

4 goals and 4 assists this season for Villa, one of (if not) the most fouled player(s) in the League.

I've seen a fair bit of Norwood as it happens and he's nowhere near Grealish. I don't even see why you're bringing up Oli fucking Norwood tbh, this is the GLC thread about creative players and potentially filling Eriksen's boots.

We're never signing Norwood. Lol.

Haro said there was no further news "regarding the purchase option", but added:
"[Tottenham] will exercise it because if they don't they will be [charged more] in June."

"They may also have to exercise the mandatory [clause]. We understand that they will exercise it, but if not [we will be] delighted with the player [returning]."

Dunno if this is a new IV or just a different translation but it muddies the water.

To
Based on what? Dele’s goal tally is so much higher than Lo Celso’s that it’s a bit embarrassing to even make the comparison.

No doubt Gio has talent but using it effectively in the PL is a huge challenge and one that many expensive foreign players have failed. I have to be honest and say that Grealish or Maddison would be a better use of our money at this point. I don’t see the hunger from Lo Celso, he looks like a quiet little mouse so far.
Too early to tell for me. He's looked very promising in his few appearances, and he's versatile so he could play in a lot of positions, so there are multiple holes he could fill in our squad to make it better. With Eriksen leaving that spot is actually for the taking so it's actually a no-brainer for me, and even if that wasn't the case he could probably challenge for any of the AM/RW/CM spots, especially with the several weak links we have in the squad (Winks, as much as I love him hasn't been doing too well recently and Lamela struggling with fitness etc.)

Jesus Christ, Oli Norwood?! They are vastly different players and Grealish has far more talent and potential than Norwood ever had, especially creatively which is why I'd want him to replace Eriksen.

4 goals and 4 assists this season for Villa, one of (if not) the most fouled player(s) in the League.

I've seen a fair bit of Norwood as it happens and he's nowhere near Grealish. I don't even see why you're bringing up Oli fucking Norwood tbh, this is the GLC thread about creative players and potentially filling Eriksen's boots.

We're never signing Norwood. Lol.
And we've already signed Lo Celso to replace Eriksen.

And what the fuck has being the most fouled player in the league ever won anyone?

Holy fuck.

Oh and by the way, Norwood got selected for all the Championshp teams of the year last year, ahead of Greased Pig, outplayed him on every occasion and been on the winning team.

Jack Grealish can simply fuck right off, he's not Spurs standard.

Oh and neither is Norwood by the way, but at least he wouldn't be shitting £60million+ down the transfer dungchute.

He's on loan, we haven't signed him yet.

Lol@Greased Pig, you obviously don't like Jack Grealish, but you are bang wrong about his talent...also wrong about him being in the PFA Championship team of the season last year, which he was.

Fouls are a decent judge of skill/talent, because if people cant get the ball off you fairly, they'll foul you..the resultant dead balls are quite handy on a football pitch.

He's on loan, we haven't signed him yet.

Lol@Greased Pig, you obviously don't like Jack Grealish, but you are bang wrong about his talent...also wrong about him being in the PFA Championship team of the season last year, which he was.

Fouls are a decent judge of skill/talent, because if people cant get the ball off you fairly, they'll foul you..the resultant dead balls are quite handy on a football pitch.

I can’t speak of Norwood but do keep and eye on Grealish after we were linked to him. Very good player in my eyes.

Think he pisses fans off the way Dele gets a reaction from Chelsea, West Ham abd Woolwich fans who I know.

Well even on here plenty say dele is over rated. Football and opinions I guess.

Dele us better than Grealish. Why would Grealish come to sit the bench?

Back
Top Bottom