Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looks in shock in the thumbnail of that video. To be honest I thought he looked very overawed during the unveiling on Saturday as well. Can't be easy for the lad especially as his English looks worse than Lamela's when he joined.

I think he will prove to be a brilliant little player for us in the long term, but wouldn't be surprised if its next season even before we see him at his best.
I suppose it's a massive bonus we have Lamela, Gazzaniga, Foyth and the coaching staff including Poch who speak Argentine. It shouldn't take long for him to pick it up with those to help him.

Eriksen, Lo Celso, Ndombele, Winks and Sissoko are 2nd best midfield in the league.

Rodri is good, but not bit overrated.

Rodri is massive, a beast. His physique as well as his technical ability will help him become a huge success in English football

We needed someone like him to sit in front of the back 4

Rodri is massive, a beast. His physique as well as his technical ability will help him become a huge success in English football

We needed someone like him to sit in front of the back 4
Disappointed we didn't make any attempt to sign a new DM. Every top 6 team has an excellent DM apart from us(even Woolwich have Torreira who's alright). Wanyama and Dier aren't good enough and Winks just isn't suited to it.

Disappointed we didn't make any attempt to sign a new DM. Every top 6 team has an excellent DM apart from us(even Woolwich have Torreira who's alright). Wanyama and Dier aren't good enough and Winks just isn't suited to it.

Well, I somewhat agree. This would seem like a position that is not usually that expensive even. Looking at how much for were Kante and Gueye etc sold.

So Chelsea obv have Kante, ManC has Fernandinho and Rodri. Woolwich has Torreira.
But ManU... I would not call McDominay "excellent" nor would I call Pogba DM. So ManU doesn't. And actually I am not 100% sure about Pool and Fabinho either (though I'll give you that - he is better than Dier and Wanyama of late).

Well, I somewhat agree. This would seem like a position that is not usually that expensive even. Looking at how much for were Kante and Gueye etc sold.

So Chelsea obv have Kante, ManC has Fernandinho and Rodri. Woolwich has Torreira.
But ManU... I would not call McDominay "excellent" nor would I call Pogba DM. So ManU doesn't. And actually I am not 100% sure about Pool and Fabinho either (though I'll give you that - he is better than Dier and Wanyama of late).
This is my thinking too. We could have got Gueye for 30 million, granted he's not young but he still would have been a cracking signing. Likewise the young DM Everton signed to replace him, Gbamin, was only 25 million and is a really good prospect. Roma signed Diawara from Napoli for 20ish million etc etc. The options were there.

It seems to be a really undervalued position and it'll probably come back to bite us the fact we decided not to upgrade it. Winks was great on the ball Saturday, but he really offers little to no protection to the back four, which is a huge part of the role it looks like he'll have to play this season.

That'll be Spanish.
It's actually very different to the castillan spoken in Spain to the be fair. The term 'Spanish' is also pretty political when all is said and done. There are after all four different languages spoken in Spain. Five if you count andalusia lol.

It's actually very different to the castillan spoken in Spain to the be fair. The term 'Spanish' is also pretty political when all is said and done. There are after all four different languages spoken in Spain. Five if you count andalusia lol.
Agreed. Argentinian Spanish is nearly as bad as when northerners try to speak English.

This is my thinking too. We could have got Gueye for 30 million, granted he's not young but he still would have been a cracking signing. Likewise the young DM Everton signed to replace him, Gbamin, was only 25 million and is a really good prospect. Roma signed Diawara from Napoli for 20ish million etc etc. The options were there.

It seems to be a really undervalued position and it'll probably come back to bite us the fact we decided not to upgrade it. Winks was great on the ball Saturday, but he really offers little to no protection to the back four, which is a huge part of the role it looks like he'll have to play this season.

Yea, so we are totally on the same page then :thumbup:

As much as I hope Wanyama to turn to his best... I don't see the odds being too good. And Dier does not fully convince me as DM there. Having some Kante-like or even Gueye-like (btw, I was advocating buying him before he was sold from Aston Villa to Everton) guy in the mix with Ndombele, Sissoko and Winks is just mouthwatering. Say playing with Ndombele-Gueye-Sissoko, we would have 3 different kinds of CM - one more of a playmaker/forward-thinking; one shielding the defence; one being box-to-box runner who is good carrying the ball.

Back
Top Bottom