Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Now we find out if I was correct to dub Foyth Juan Snow. The folk talking about loans and GLC are not really on top of the contracts detail. He's a Spurs player lads end of. The deal has been structured to be a loan for this years figures and balance sheet and the amortization screws down PSG sell on percentage. However he is our player and we can't send him back nor him change his mind. Let's hope him and Foyth have to compete for a place and we return to a fully fledged meritocracy.

Lo Celso’s English is amazing after a few months

Good point shown here is that his English is obviously poor.
If Jose doesn’t feel he can easily put his ideas to him then could take him a little while to get in the team. But I’m sure he will as he has looked a very good player.

Had a few Spanish guys train with us who didn’t understand a word of English. Was a real struggle to get simple things going in training - patterns of play and defensive structure especially.
Made me appreciate what professional managers and coaches have to deal with when lots of nationalities in a squad anyway.

If Jose doesn’t feel he can easily put his ideas to him then could take him a little while to get in the team. But I’m sure he will as he has looked a very good player.

Had a few Spanish guys train with us who didn’t understand a word of English. Was a real struggle to get simple things going in training - patterns of play and defensive structure especially.
Made me appreciate what professional managers and coaches have to deal with when lots of nationalities in a squad anyway.
And José speaks 5 languages.

I still don’t understand why some foreign players don’t take their English lessons seriously. Even to this day Aguero can’t do an interview in English and he’s been here almost a decade...

Jose speaks Spanish

Now we find out if I was correct to dub Foyth Juan Snow. The folk talking about loans and GLC are not really on top of the contracts detail. He's a Spurs player lads end of. The deal has been structured to be a loan for this years figures and balance sheet and the amortization screws down PSG sell on percentage. However he is our player and we can't send him back nor him change his mind. Let's hope him and Foyth have to compete for a place and we return to a fully fledged meritocracy.
If theres a contract leak or quote that you have seen , could you post it up here? I'd like to see this info too.

If theres a contract leak or quote that you have seen , could you post it up here? I'd like to see this info too.

I saw something saying it's a £15m loan with view to take it Perm for a further £40m which gets us 80% of his rights (basically Betis get a 20% sell on clause).

It's a option to make it Perm so I guess it really comes down to if the club wants to stump up a further £40m or if we want to cut our losses and swallow £15m for the loan. Pretty sure I saw it say that any European football automatically makes the deal Perm also. (Was a tweet from someone well respected I think)

I saw something saying it's a £15m loan with view to take it Perm for a further £40m which gets us 80% of his rights (basically Betis get a 20% sell on clause).

It's a option to make it Perm so I guess it really comes down to if the club wants to stump up a further £40m or if we want to cut our losses and swallow £15m for the loan. Pretty sure I saw it say that any European football automatically makes the deal Perm also. (Was a tweet from someone well respected I think)
Yeah mate it’s only an option if we are outside the top 6, which to be honest I think is unlikely.

otherwise it’s an obligation so we have no choice but to stump up the 40mill.

How come is it so hard for Argentinian to learn English ?
Part of the problem will be the fact that he has a group of Argentinian colleagues here. Diego Costa didn't learn English because he didn't need to because of the likes of Fabregas, Azpilicueta, Pedro...

I’ve posted this numerous times since the summer and nobody seems to cotton on still lol

This is NOT a loan we can walk away from unless we finish outside the top 6.

He's an Italian journalist, isn't he? How has become the font of all knowledge on this?
I'd be very surprised if Levy hadn't put something in there to enable us to get out of the deal even if we get into Europe.

He's an Italian journalist, isn't he? How has become the font of all knowledge on this?
I'd be very surprised if Levy hadn't put something in there to enable us to get out of the deal even if we get into Europe.
This was the levy deal to stop from having to pay the full buyout... The loan meant less sell on for PSG. It seems to me that we wanted to buy him not loan him and this is the way levy did it cheaper. I doubt we can easily walk away as betis are not rich and would find it hard to swallow that loss.. He's good but not that good.

Back
Top Bottom