Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sorry but I don't think he'll make it here.

I think he'll be here in Feb and he'll be here in Aug, but I think he'll remain kind of an outcast in the squad, we'll have to buy him, but might be that we'll move him on already by the end of summer.

I mean, come on... in Wolves game, where we had absolutely no ability in midfield to pick any pass at all and were under the train for 65 minutes... even in such situation Mou did not trust him enough to put him on for like 15 minutes. That just shows that he has no trust in him / does not value him at all. Like just 0%.

I hope I am wrong - I have nothing against him. Would be awesome if he breaks through and becomes the one who makes us tick, and will start to play important part. But I don't see any signs of it happening.

Ofc I did not find it possible that Sissoko could score in 2 EPL games in a row either... :D

Is there any way out and ship him back??

He is light weight for the PL and he isn't David Silva, hence on the bench.

I think Levy rushed to satisfy/shut Poch and did this "unnecessary" signing IMO. We needed a DM.

Is there any way out and ship him back??

He is light weight for the PL and he isn't David Silva, hence on the bench.

I think Levy rushed to satisfy/shut Poch and did this "unnecessary" signing IMO. We needed a DM.

Naah.
You mean there could be someone out there who would be better DM than any of the options we have in Wanyama, Dier, Skipp and Winks?

Can't buy this idea....

Can't blame him.

Treated horrendously.
I mean, he came over really late and didn't get a pre-season with us. By the time he was finally getting up to speed he got an injury which kept him out a significant portion of time.

When he got healthy, the manager was sacked and we were looking for stability. He got a chance to prove he deserved minutes against Bayern and he put in a pretty limp performance.

We've certainly seen flashes of good stuff with him but I don't think it's fair to say he's been treated "horrendously." He's more been the victim of timing and bad circumstances.

I mean, he came over really late and didn't get a pre-season with us. By the time he was finally getting up to speed he got an injury which kept him out a significant portion of time.

When he got healthy, the manager was sacked and we were looking for stability. He got a chance to prove he deserved minutes against Bayern and he put in a pretty limp performance.

We've certainly seen flashes of good stuff with him but I don't think it's fair to say he's been treated "horrendously." He's more been the victim of timing and bad circumstances.
He is young. He'll get a chance to impress Mou. Take whatever playing time he gets over the winter period and do as much as possible.

I think everyone, including Jose sees his upside. But he has to prove that he is worth playing. If Christian does go in January that is some extra minutes going his way.

I wouldn't read too much into the fact that he never got on against Wolves

Jose clearly had a game plan and although we didn't control the game and had to defend for much of it, we actually did that very well and Wolves could only score a screamer. They didn't have many clear cut chances.

Bringing Gio on would have disrupted the defensive rhythm and to be honest I don't think this was the game for him. Too intense and too much defensive responsibility.

He'll get his chance at home when we are in a more comfortable situation. I think he would be great for us in the number 8 position and I think he's wasted out wide. But much like Sissoko in the early years under Poch was shunted out to the right, I think the same will happen to Gio until he adjusts to the league and can compete for 90 mins in the middle of the park in a PL game.

Can't blame him.

Treated horrendously.

How has he been treated horrendously? He got a big injury straight after he joined and is now having to take a back seat to our more established PL players as we desperately need points to rescue the season after wasting the first 12 games.

He got a chance to show what he could do against Bayern and didn’t take it. Not just in terms of his talent on the ball but his defensive application too, he was poor and was shown up by Sessegnon and Skipp. If he plays like that for the rest of the season then we should let him go back to Betis and spend the money on Maddison or Grealish instead.

He got a chance to show what he could do against Bayern and didn’t take it.

I don't disagree with his performance in that game, but if you court a player from another club and pay big money, it's not unreasonable to expect you'll get given a fair crack of the whip. I don't like this idea that he has to absolutely excel in 90 minutes, or he's off.

Dele has been dogshit for months, but he's now rediscovering his form. Son is one game on, one game off at the moment. Harry's had a couple of bad games. Moura is incredibly frustrating.

He needs a run of games. I'd like to see him replace Dele for a couple. That's never going to happen, but it would be good to create the competition again and show a little faith in the new signing.

Real Betis president Angel Hero claims that he believes Spurs will get the deal done in January (Estadio Deportivo): “Yes, [Spurs] will exercise it because if they don’t they will be taxed a lot in June.

“[They] may also have to exercise it on a mandatory basis [in the summer].

“[We] understand Spurs will exercise the option.”

Obviously we are going to exercise it.

Lo Celso is in a tricky position because the guy who did a lot of the courting to get him in is gone. But due to circumstance (injuries, rated as unfit by Poch early in the season, Poch's sacking). He has not gotten the minutes he and we all expected. But he needs to soldier on, show that he is committed and maybe have a talk with Mourinho so both parties are on the same page and it will work out.

Jose knows what a talent he is. He just needs to get on a run of form and it will become clear. And some runs need to start off the bench.

How has he been treated horrendously? He got a big injury straight after he joined and is now having to take a back seat to our more established PL players as we desperately need points to rescue the season after wasting the first 12 games.

He got a chance to show what he could do against Bayern and didn’t take it. Not just in terms of his talent on the ball but his defensive application too, he was poor and was shown up by Sessegnon and Skipp. If he plays like that for the rest of the season then we should let him go back to Betis and spend the money on Maddison or Grealish instead.
He was poor defensively but I actually think he showed some class going forward (when he had the chance to).

Watch sess’s goal again and you will see that it doesn’t happen without Lo Celso. For only his third start of the season, contributing to the only goal we scored away at Bayern is not too shabby.

One of his other starts of the season he ran the game and scored a goal. Was perhaps a contender for MOM.

He needs to be given a solid run of games before we talk about him “not taking his chance”. Because In my opinion he hasn’t had a chance at all yet.

Back
Top Bottom