Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If it was a fitness thing than fine, we can't know everything with that. If it was a tactics thing then that pisses me off as sitting back for a 1-0 is an awful decision at that time.

I also don't think Winks or PEH does anything to help us hold on to wins even if we are up bigger. Winks, especially isn't better defensively than GLC, and I don't think PEH is either. GLC being able to handle the press also helps a lot more compared to Winks and PEH who either turn it over or pass back when under pressure.

I know with Ndombele and Lo Celso being our only creative players we need to watch their minutes but the solution should be to bring in another creative player to back them up rather than only playing one of them at a time.

We should do as much as possible to play both 90 minutes every PL game. They should both be two of the first names on the game sheet each week.

I think the fixtures presents a very difficult situation for the club and is dictating the line ups and substitutions.

Fuck. I see Gio was limping after scoring his first goal, and was of course subbed at half time.

I hope he's fit for manure. I was looking forward to seeing GLC and a rested Ndombele destroy their midfield.

I also note there are South American World Cup qualifiers on 8 and 13 October, so we could have a few players called up.

Fuck. I see Gio was limping after scoring his first goal, and was of course subbed at half time.

I hope he's fit for manure. I was looking forward to seeing GLC and a rested Ndombele destroy their midfield.

I also note there are South American World Cup qualifiers on 8 and 13 October, so we could have a few players called up.
Jose has said he is a question mark for Sunday, gutted if he can’t play.

Mind games, I reckon.

This whole week has been Jose making OGS guess our line up and plan. No Son, yet registered for EL squad and potentially in line for the weekend. No Bale apparently yet back training. Ndombele not playing at all against Haifa. Lo Celso subbed off after 45? Lucas and Bergwijn playing full 90s...

Mind games, I reckon.

This whole week has been Jose making OGS guess our line up and plan. No Son, yet registered for EL squad and potentially in line for the weekend. No Bale apparently yet back training. Ndombele not playing at all against Haifa. Lo Celso subbed off after 45? Lucas and Bergwijn playing full 90s...
Mind games.

The Special One versus Ole dozing at the wheel

Hmmm. I wonder who's gonna win that?

:mourpointlaugh:

He's not even a similar player to Eriksen.

He definitely reminds me of early Spurs Modric - and if he can end up even half the player then we have one hell of a player on our hands.

Has that burst of pace, nasty streak, loves a slide tackle and his weight of pass is brilliant. All things Modric brought us. He's even under appreciated by opposing fans and pundits like Modric was (certainly for the first 2 years anyway)

Eventually I am sure he'll control and boss games like prime Modric did for us.
Agreed though I think Modric is more two-footed and Gio is a better finisher.

I was going to say his performance up until the goals wasn’t really good but he’s capable of effecting the game positively in so many different ways. A super talent.

if we can get Gio and Tanguy on the pitch together for a consistent amount of time - watch out.

According to the bible that is PES 2021:

Modric - R foot, Weak Foot Usage 2, Weak Foot Accuracy 3
Gio - L foot, Weak Foot Usage 2, Weak Foot Accuracy 2

So Modders wins by a hair :moursmall:

EjgF9RxUYAUN39m

Called up to Argentina squad....

Back
Top Bottom