Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you think he will be the first choice for josé in the futur ..

Let me put it this way. As of right now Ndombele > Lo Celso. Based on what we have seen so far, I think that is unlikely to change but I think with more time and integration into the team that we will see a more consistent high level from him.

They aren't like for like players, there is no reason why one would necessarily need to be a first choice over the over.

I’m sitting here wondering what we’d be doing with Bruno in our team...

Probably about the same that we are doing now. Maybe slightly better since he seems to be able to stay healthier more than Lo Celso.

But there is zero reason to think that Jose would play him and Ndombele together when he won't do the same with Lo Celso and Ndombele. Bruno is not a better player than Ndombele, and certainly not with the way Jose plays so replacing him with Bruno in the line-up doesn't really improve us. Outside of the health Bruno isn't a better player than Lo Celso and under Jose would have had the same limited minutes.

I’m sitting here wondering what we’d be doing with Bruno in our team...
A. He wouldnt be getting a penalty every game playing with us and wouldnt be getting frees for his constant diving. So his impact wouldnt be the same.
B. When we get penos harry wouldnt let him take them.
C. You have little to be doing!!

Probably about the same that we are doing now. Maybe slightly better since he seems to be able to stay healthier more than Lo Celso.

But there is zero reason to think that Jose would play him and Ndombele together when he won't do the same with Lo Celso and Ndombele. Bruno is not a better player than Ndombele, and certainly not with the way Jose plays so replacing him with Bruno in the line-up doesn't really improve us. Outside of the health Bruno isn't a better player than Lo Celso and under Jose would have had the same limited minutes.

Bruno is much better than both Ndombele and Gio

Gio has scored one goal in the Premier League. One. Bruno has 19, 10 of which were not penalties. Plus that’s with Gio having a 6 month head start.

He has great talent but saying he’s better than Bruno is just daft. He can’t even stay fit while Bruno starts every game.

Ah the good old goal statistic.

And Aubamayang has more goals than Harry Kane since joining the Prem.

:pocheyes:

I'm pretty sure that the disparity in goals between Auba and Kane is not 19:1, daft comparison.

Gio is a talented but fragile player who is yet to make a real impact in the PL. I don't see how anyone can argue with that.

Using goals (or even assists) as a statistic is a stupid metric to measure between two players who play different systems in different teams.

Bruno Fernandes has been better for Man Utd than Lo Celso has been at Spurs. Mostly out of the fact that Fernandes has kept fit and been made the main man at United.

Not out of being a better talent.

Otherwise you'd say Fernandes is the best midfielder in world football. Which everyone bar perhaps some deluded United fans would laugh at.

Back
Top Bottom