Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I like Gio but he needs to improve really quickly, he has to affect games more. At the moment he is lucky to be playing ahead of Lamela.

His poor fitness record is not an excuse.
Nick Young Wtf GIF

Only completed 90 mins 8 times in 70 odd games for us.

People moan about Tanguy's fitness but his isn't much better. The fact that neither of our 2 most creative midfielders can regularly play 90 mins is embarrassing and i'd like the supposedly second to none coaching staff to front up and explain that.

Except he was the best player week in since December when he started to play regularly.
You probably aren’t even watching Spurs nor are a real fan, you just post crap on players threads thinking “oh yea I’m tough”
Not a real fan?
He has been a shit signing and the sooner idiots like you realise this we might actually start to improve.
The guy is stealing a living along with many more in our squad

Gio was decent last season but nothing special. He stood out because he was aggressive and tidy, but he didn’t make a particularly decisive contribution in the final third. To impress he just had to look better than Sissoko and Winks, which he did easily.

He has a long way to go to even reach Gylfi Sigurdsson level for us.

can't what the scouts/transfer team were looking at when they got GLC as a replacement for Eriksen, he can be a tidy player but he can't see a pass better than lamala (that's not hard) but another waste of money for the position we needed

Play this guy alongside Hojbjerg. He's the closest thing we've had to Modric, but he needs games and he needs to play in the centre. That little ball he played round the corner to Ndombele before our goal against Utd, that's the kind of thing he can do for us from deep. We need a playmaker and he's our guy.

I'm sorry to all the Tanguy fans, but he's not doing enough there. One of his problems I think is that without the ball he doesn't move intelligently enough, so he doesn't find space. That means he often receives it in tight areas, and then has to pull out some wild skill just to keep the ball and make a simple pass. He has great ball skills but does he have the football brain to go with it?

The best playmakers, like Xavi, Pirlo, Modric are constantly moving into space and assessing the patterns around them. They create their own time and space and know where their teammates are. Gio is obviously not at that level yet, but even a poor man's Modric would make us play better, and maybe he can become something special in time.

how is it spot on the man just come back from injury and you expect him to be operating at peak form. players are not robots it takes game time for them to start playing at peak form again.
Definitely true match fitness and sharpness only comes from playing matches regularly. Something our manager seems to be unaware of.

how is it spot on the man just come back from injury and you expect him to be operating at peak form. players are not robots it takes game time for them to start playing at peak form again.
I agree he needs time given the injuries but there is hint of Lamela about him (and not the injuries). He is meant to be our creative force but he takes too long to execute pass a lot of times. He has to see what is happening and then has to process it before executing it .

Don't get me wrong he is not as bad as Lamela with this but if he is meant to be our creative force I expect better. The comparison with Modric is laughable as Modric saw the pass before even receiving the ball...there was no process period. Lo Celso..holds..holds..looks up..pass. He doesn't have La Liga time in this league.

Back
Top Bottom