Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No it doesn't. You said better that they rotate with each other. They've done that plenty. Playing them in CM2 format doesn't get the best to of either of them. Until we get to see them used in a completely different system, one which both have proven independently of each other to excel in, it's stupid to write them off.

I'm not writing them off at all.

I'm saying give them a chance, but don't assume both will perform at their pre acquisition expectation by Spurs fans after 2 seasons where they have not.

Shouldn't make any difference, he's playing competitive international football currently. He's probably ahead of the others in his match-readiness already.
Pretty much. Just don’t pick up a knock in the final and he should be good to go. Some tactical nuance to learn under Nuno but physically he should be set.

The injuries are a concern, although when healthy he can easily play 90 minutes so that isn’t a concern, but we have maybe one guy who can pass and control the ball like him in our squad. If we move him we better have a plan to bring in a replacement at least as good as he is or our midfield will continue to be a massive issue.

It is a concern with his skill in it already and we aren’t bringing in a manager that will improve it with tactics, set up or improving players.

We need players with more skill like GLC.

No it doesn't. You said better that they rotate with each other. They've done that plenty. Playing them in CM2 format doesn't get the best to of either of them. Until we get to see them used in a completely different system, one which both have proven independently of each other to excel in, it's stupid to write them off.
I think the point is they are both physically shot so even if a manager wanted to do this it is not possible - at least it hasn't been in their first two seasons.

They are our only two creative midfielders and Ndombele couldn't finish 90 minutes so the compromise was that we rotate to hopefully have one creative player on at all times. The rationale was completely sound given their shocking fitness levels.

Congratulations for being one of only 2 premier league players (Emi Martinez too) to win this year's COPA America!

The more 'winners' we have in our squad the better I guess.

I see the ability, but honestly I think we should move him on if anyone wants him.
Well, Poch wanted both GLC & Ndombele for his midfield rebuild.

DoF Leonardo drives the signings @ PSG, but I bet if we made either available for sale, Poch would be more than interested. Especially in his Argie compatriot GLC.

But with Tanguy's "French mafia" mates Sissoko & Aurier likely leaving this summer, and Paratici interested in several midfielders, I wouldn't be hugely surprised if we entertained bids for Ndombele this summer.

But I agree with bus-conductor bus-conductor I want to see GLC & Ndombele in a CM3 with a tenacious 6 behind

That 6 given our current squad would be either PEH or Skipp. If definitely shouldn't be Sissoko, and hopefully not Winks either.

Last edited:
What's crazy is that we have hardly ever tried these two in the format that both would be best in.
Another example of Mourinho's poor management. Both these players are brilliant attacking midfielders but "the special one' decided they both needed to play deep or defensive roles. You can't play attacking football with defensive minded players and you certainly can't play defensive football with attack minded players. Thank god he has gone!

Another example of Mourinho's poor management. Both these players are brilliant attacking midfielders but "the special one' decided they both needed to play deep or defensive roles. You can't play attacking football with defensive minded players and you certainly can't play defensive football with attack minded players. Thank god he has gone!
Pure revisionism.

I'm sure if either of those two had been able to stay fit/finish 90 minutes for sustained periods we would have seem them together plenty of times. It's been two years and we have yet to see it.

I still don't think we see much of it this year. Skipp coming in allows us to play with a true DM so Hojberg will be the 8 alongside GLC/Ndombele.

Watched the game. GLC barely moved from 10 yards either side of the half way line on the left.
Effective in winning back possession and Winks-like in retaining it with sideways and back passes.
However offensive passes were over hit and he faded badly and was subbed on the hour.

Back
Top Bottom