Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ok so where do we play Kane when he comes back?

The question is do you honestly expect him to be able to chase hard and get kicked about for 90mins like PEH & Dele did on Sunday?

When you're done you can explain why, if Kane plays as a #9, can't the players around him run beyond him and feed off of the same assists as he was providing last season?

The question is do you honestly expect him to be able to chase hard and get kicked about for 90mins like PEH & Dele did on Sunday?

When you're done you can explain why, if Kane plays as a #9, can't the players around him run beyond him and feed off of the same assists as he was providing last season?
To your first point - That's what we need from him plus his distribution ability. He may be a liability on the defensive end but he's going to provide immeasurable benefits as a distributor.

To your second point - I presume you agree that we looked VERY good this past weekend against City? As good as I think we've played in a long time against a top side. Lets keep what we had there and add a player (Kane) with top distribution abilities. Lets not have Kane play up top and clog the middle of the pitch up top where our runners like Berg/Son/Lucas are forced off wide because this is what inevitably happens.

To your first point - That's what we need from him plus his distribution ability. He may be a liability on the defensive end but he's going to provide immeasurable benefits as a distributor.

To your second point - I presume you agree that we looked VERY good this past weekend against City? As good as I think we've played in a long time against a top side. Lets keep what we had there and add a player (Kane) with top distribution abilities. Lets not have Kane play up top and clog the middle of the pitch up top where our runners like Berg/Son/Lucas are forced off wide because this is what inevitably happens.

Kane's not physically built to play like PEH & Dele did. To pretend otherwise to indulge your Football Manager (tm) tendencies is silly.

Similarly when teams sit in against us (which is roughly 70% of our games!) the pace you're marveling at isn't gonna be what gets the job done.

As for players being forced wide; they're not if they're quick enough to run beyond Kane.... Does Lewandowski ruin BM in the same way you're describing?

Last edited:
Kane's not physically built to play like PEH & Dele did. To pretend otherwise to indulge your Football Manager (tm) tendencies is silly.

Similarly when teams sit in against us (which is roughly 70% of our games!) the pace you're marveling at isn't gonna be what gets the job done.

As for players being forced wide; they're not if they're quick enough to run beyond Kane.... Doesn't Lewandowski ruin BM in the same way you're describing?

go for a walk bruh.

step away from your pc.

As for players being forced wide; they're not if they're quick enough to run beyond Kane.... Doesn't Lewandowski ruin BM in the same way you're describing?
I’m sure you’ve seen our record without Kane so long as Son is playing. It’s very good. Doesn’t matter if the team sits back or not, we have gotten results. We were also phenomenal against City. Best I’ve seen us play in a long time.

Given that we can win and score goals without Kane, and given Kane can play a creative MF role (a position we are lacking in), why wouldn’t we use him there and keep everything the same?

Why would we try to force Kane to be the focal point up front when e we’ve seen limited team results over the past two seasons?

I’m sure you’ve seen our record without Kane so long as Son is playing. It’s very good. Doesn’t matter if the team sits back or not, we have gotten results. We were also phenomenal against City. Best I’ve seen us play in a long time.

Given that we can win and score goals without Kane, and given Kane can play a creative MF role (a position we are lacking in), why wouldn’t we use him there and keep everything the same?

Why would we try to force Kane to be the focal point up front when e we’ve seen limited team results over the past two seasons?

You're back to square-1 again....

- You're condoning playing Kane as a CAM (#10) when a 433 as per vs City doesn't contain one.
- You're in denial pretending that Kane has the physical ability/athleticism to play as a #8 in a high energy MF system.

Perhaps we should just resume when the window is closed.

Its more than a dozen games because he wasn't bad all last season.

As I said I have no problem bringing in someone better than him, my concern is that we have maybe one player in the MF who can pass better and who adds creativity to our team (Ndombele) and he looks like he is on his way out as well. We need more passing and creativity in the MF not less. We have struggled to maintain possession and play through the MF for the past two seasons, and in the very early stages of this season. Nuno had similar struggles in his time at Wolves. We also have been linked to a bunch of MF that don't provide any of this Nandez, JWP, Sarr, McKennie.

I know many, maybe not you, have said they wish we had 11 PEH's out there, but the truth is we need technical ability and actual talent as well and we are woeful short in that department in the MF.

Creativity yes, but not with the lack of effort displayed in ECL and not with injury record he has and/or loss of form (and last season as I have made clear 10 and a half games equivalent from starts and off bench with no 90 minutes completed) out of 38 games is clearly not sustainable.

In crude terms with that playing record we need 3 players to cover one position - also no doubt the combined wages of 3 players putting them in the top rungs of Spurs player wages without commensurate performances.

I'm not sure we have been linked with any creative players I would like, Aouar for example comes with the warning that like his mate Ndombele he chooses when to put an effort into the game and seems to have a recurring thighinjury problem (both issues precisely replicating problems in our existing squad), so a compromise midfield player might be Marcel Sabitzer who puts in effort, can tackle but also creative/scores goals - he put 2 past us playing for Leipzig. Perfect, no, but available (although Bayern covert him without having the squad place to buy him) and ticks lots of boxes with his versatility to both aid attack and defence. And a big improvement if he replaces Sissoko who helps neither defence or attack

Last edited:
Big fan of Lo Celso, he’s a player that seems to improve with a run of games. His biggest issue is getting injured and starting again slowly. Played very well today, albeit against weak opponents.

Good hard working box-to-box option - not sure if Nuno will do it this week so far it's been 4-2-1-3 and two wins with two clean sheets would say why change - however when we are the possesion side we will need more creative options

3-4-1-2 is possible but three CB's, two Wing Backs and two DM's leaves only room for one from Dele/Moura/Bergwijn/LoCelso with Kane and Son upfront.

4-1-2-2-1 with just one DM leaves more room for Dele and LoCelso behind three from Son/Kane/Bergwijn/Moura.

Interesting to see if Nuno goes more attacking on Sunday or sticks with what's been working.

he played well last night, but he is not Eriksen, and that is what we need player that creates chances, that see the movement before its happened
the only player like that we have is Kane and we need him up front

Too me it's ridiculous however good he is doing someone is always better than him

Individually he is better than Mbappe but just remember Mbappe has 90 speed on Fifa so the kids won't agree

Individually he is better than Lewandowski, just remember the league he plays in gets dominated by young players from the championship/youth team players, put him in this league he doesn't get as many

Yet again he turns up a bit against a pretty shit side in Europe.

Another terrible value for money signing that was supposed to be some kind of coup.

Why didn't we give the money Sporting wanted for Bruno again?
It's the same as shopping in poundland, you buy that tin opener because its a pound and you think its great value, whilst a friend buys the more expensive one in IKEA. You have to keep popping back into poundland to get another shit tin opener, "because its only a pound", whilst your friend's original tin opener is still working just fine.

Back
Top Bottom