Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't blame any player for wanting to play for his country - what is annoying is that South American federations are allowing some "big names" to drop out (funnily enough all with mega rich clubs) and then calling up B team players ... that's patently unfair on the smaller teams now losing players.

In our case the players are all first team internationals so they would have likely been called up anyway - we should be magnanimous and let them all go, especially as we can't stop them anyway.

I don't think players can just say "oh but I want to play for my country" and not take into account the unique Covid situation. People are making sacrifices all over the place because of this, and Spurs are paying these guys a lot of money. Poor attitude as far as I'm concerned.

I don't think players can just say "oh but I want to play for my country" and not take into account the unique Covid situation. People are making sacrifices all over the place because of this, and Spurs are paying these guys a lot of money. Poor attitude as far as I'm concerned.
Lol

You can't forbid someone playing for his country. At that point Argentina and Brazil could play with guys from S. America which is ridiculous.

You gotta understand, passion for your country isn't the same everywhere.

Lol

You can't forbid someone playing for his country. At that point Argentina and Brazil could play with guys from S. America which is ridiculous.

These guys have ZERO credit in the bank for Spurs yet. Lo Celso has either been injured or average and the new guy is...well, he's new. It's a poor attitude from them to this club, and it's Spurs that I care about.

Lol

If Brazil can make concessions then why can't other countries.......?

We're gonna go through this and the subsequent quarantine absences 3 times in the next 3 months.... We may as well kiss goodbye to them til Christmas.

These guys have ZERO credit in the bank for Spurs yet. Lo Celso has either been injured or average and the new guy is...well, he's new. It's a poor attitude from them to this club, and it's Spurs that I care about.
It doesn't matter.

If they want they can go and play for their country. What should Spurs do? Punish them for that? Din't make me laugh.

It doesn't matter.

If they want they can go and play for their country. What should Spurs do? Punish them for that? Din't make me laugh.
You keep stating the obvious, yes very good. The players can do what they like.

I'm saying this shows a poor attitude towards the club from the players, because they could choose not to play (citing the unique circumstances of covid) and be available for the club. The fact that the club can't do anything doesn't alter the fact that for players who have done NOTHING for Spurs, it's pretty poor of them to put Spurs 2nd here.

Fortunately, Lo Celso doesn't matter to our chances very much and Romero hasn't really played. That doesn't make their attitude towards Spurs less shitty.

You keep stating the obvious, yes very good. The players can do what they like.

I'm saying this shows a poor attitude towards the club from the players, because they could choose not to play (citing the unique circumstances of covid) and be available for the club. The fact that the club can't do anything doesn't alter the fact that for players who have done NOTHING for Spurs, it's pretty poor of them to put Spurs 2nd here.

Fortunately, Lo Celso doesn't matter to our chances very much and Romero hasn't really played. That doesn't make their attitude towards Spurs less shitty.
Let's agree to disagree. I have no problems with them going.

That's just shows you Spurs aren't acting shiitty towards their players like Liverpool, City, Chelsea and United might. Doubt that thoose players are fine with it and we don't know yet will they go or stay.

No it doesn't....

It was a united request by ALL EPL clubs:

Gio & Romero are reportedly going despite requests from the club for them to do us a 'favour' and stay behind.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom