Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lol each to their own, I just had high hopes when he joined and thought he was decent enough in some of his first season. Maybe I just need to let go.

He was decent when he was still putting himself about. Early on he played hard like Lamela. Then the injuries started happening due to the intensity of the PL and he stopped playing with that edge. Without it he’s useless.

He knows he can’t get stuck into the PL without crocking himself so we have to let him go. Conte more or less said as much, he is a good player but not physically capable of playing at this level.

Anyone else snicker at Ali Gold trying not to say(but basically saying) cuti is not a unlikeable plonker like Locelso? And that he's done great at getting along with ALL his teammates. The exact opposite of Locelso who would struggle to win a popularity contest in his own house. Fans don't believe me when I tell them there's a higher chance Ndombele gets reintegration than the Argentine (not that I see either happening).

I'd take it.
He's not worth anywhere near what we paid.

He's not suited to teams that want to be near the top. He looked happier at mid/upper table Spanish teams than Spurs or PSG

bite-finger-bite.gif

That's a fucking pisstake. I bet you Betis would happily give us 20m+ for him. Sevilla would probably do the same.

A couple of Serie A teams could afford 20 to 25m too.

I'd take it.
He's not worth anywhere near what we paid.

He's not suited to teams that want to be near the top. He looked happier at mid/upper table Spanish teams than Spurs or PSG

Why the fuck should we take the 1st offer ?!?!
After he has helped club qualify for CL semi-final ?!?!

True, we paid over the odds for him with 48 mil EUR. But he is worth half of that.
Heck, Betis payed 22 mil for him when they purchased him from PSG and he was a success over there.

So he has proven his value for two different Spanish clubs.

I think we should aim for 25 mEUR / 21,3 m£.

What we don't want is anything that sees the bloke offering nothing but draining resources, so whilst talking a lesser figure looks silly, there is the other side, which are the wages that are outgoing and the reduction in value, which go hand in hand.

Why the fuck should we take the 1st offer ?!?!
After he has helped club qualify for CL semi-final ?!?!

True, we paid over the odds for him with 48 mil EUR. But he is worth half of that.
Heck, Betis payed 22 mil for him when they purchased him from PSG and he was a success over there.

So he has proven his value for two different Spanish clubs.

I think we should aim for 25 mEUR / 21,3 m£.

Absolutely.

Asking price should be £25m with room to wiggle.

For the first time in a long time we aren't having to 'buy to sell' so why roll over and get low-balled before the trf window has even opened???

Last edited:
Good, just get rid. We can’t be wasting time holding out for money that will never be offered. This player is not worth more than £18m, he has barely scored a goal in the last 3 years.
We should try and make them take Ndombele off our hands for free as part of the deal.

In fact, we should just pay them.

The word malingerer springs to mind with him. Used to see it in the army all the time especially after a mortar strike. However the only bombs dropping around him were Gollini's latest rap beats.
His heart has never been in it from the start

Used us for training while he got fit for his National side

Another dud buy

Back
Top Bottom