Glenn Hoddle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was god on the pitch. Didnt really have a weaker foot.

Was gutted when we let him go relatively young.

Anyone remember him trying passes with backspin on QPRs plastic pitch.

Yep think we won 5-2 that day and for some reason Ardiles ended up playing upfront.

BOOOOOIIIIING BOOOOIIIING BOOOIIING BOOIING.............

Probably his greatest ever goal was only seen by those there. FA cup at WHL v Bolton the year we were in the 2nd div. Many thought he couldn't have meant it, but we knew better! Was at Anfield this week, and recounted to my wife about my first visit when he scored from 30yds in '82 the day Liverpool won the league. He was a genius in his era, and the greatest player I've seen.

It angers me as well that he only got 50 odd caps for England.
Hoddle is my favourite ever player too. Kevin Keegan my second.

I remember a goal he scored against Villa in 76/77(my 2nd game I think).It was a chip on the keeper from out towards the wing.All the papers reckoned it was a lucky "mistake". Until several of his team mates pointed out he did it in training on a regular basis.
Genius

I think you've mixed the Villa goal (a freekick from the D) in 76/77 with the one I described above v Bolton the following season. That was a chip from the wing (more acute, further out than his glorious Watford chip). Paul.

He must wonder what he did in he's past life to be kicked out of England and to not be reconsidered now the job is vacant?
I think he was considered but his choice as assistant was a no no.
_269695_eileen300.jpg

Every game he played for England he did fuck all wrong. In fact I don't think he ever had a shit performance.
Yet he was fucked about.
He could put the ball on a sixpence anywhere on the park.
Who was it that said that he would volley the ball into a circle on the wall in training with left and right foot alternatively for donkeys.
The man had hands as feet. Was the first player I saw that put spin on the ball when passing. Players never had to break stride. I remember being at Villa Park v LCFC in the semi final in the Holte end.
The way he curled this pass with the outside of his foot, bent it around defenders, and put spin on it so it stopped perfectly. I was amazed.
I also saw him make his debut at WHL, I was a kid and I, and about everyone else, could see he was something special.
Lucky enough to see his best moments.
He was also better than Liam Brady.
I used to base by game on him. He became by football idol. I loved his passing ability. Even as far as the long tongued boots.
My bird, well she loved his legs, idiot.

Back
Top Bottom