Glenn Hoddle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Danny Baker has been cunting him off over Gazza on twitter, blaming Hoddle for his problems on account of Hoddle leaving him out of 98 squad...

Because him and Evans pumping him full of drink is what every alcoholic needs.......... Fat Millwall Cunt.

My favourite player, wonderful talent. Was considered a luxury player back then, hence 53 England caps, a fucking travesty. Martin Peters was said to be a player ahead of his time, well Hoddle was a couple of generations ahead of his time. How i'd love to see him play today, he would be a superstar.

On a side note, i was so besotted i named my eldest son after him [ ungrateful fucker thinks Hoddle is a shit first name ].

Not really Glen and yeah i cheated on the n.

Last edited:
It's a shame he's not better at talking about the game, I think his punditry has made non-Spurs fans forget that he was a genuinely World Class player and had a few very good early years in management.

Hoddle was my favourite player when I was a kid! Worshipped him and Waddle. Took my avatar into the barbers to get a Hoddle mullet cut.

Shame his management style doesn't compare to his days as a player.

Being a bit before my time I really enjoyed the skysports documentary about him, I didn't realise he went into management so young. I wished we'd have put him in charge for a few months instead of Sherwood.

You can tell he's proper spurs and really lived the dream of being a 17 year old making his debut for the team.

Hoddle was my favourite player when I was a kid! Worshipped him and Waddle. Took my avatar into the barbers to get a Hoddle mullet cut.

Shame his management style doesn't compare to his days as a player.
His early management days were very promising and i think he was a good England manager football wise but the off field stuff did for him. Seemed to go to shit after that which is a shame. I love Hoddle but never give him a loaded gun he's sure to blow his bloody foot off.

God I saw him make his debut at WHL, I was in the paxton. He blew me away when I was standing in line with him as he decided to play a pass. The way the ball bent around the defenders and landed on a sixpence had me in awe. So effortless. I was a kid and even I could tell he was very, very special.
Those were the days when you could stand behind the goal we were kicking towards and change at half time at most games.
His feet were like hands and he was about 6 years older than me.
I was there for the goal that never touched the ground, in the shelf, amazing volley. If I am honest that was the best goal I have ever seen.
Of course I was at Wembley for Villa, but I was in the Man City end as we had half their end for the replay and didn't really see it. Just bodies and a rippling net.

Apparently Liam Brady was better than Hoddle...ffs.

His early management days were very promising and i think he was a good England manager football wise but the off field stuff did for him. Seemed to go to shit after that which is a shame. I love Hoddle but never give him a loaded gun he's sure to blow his bloody foot off.
Which would be Karma for some wrong done in a previous life?

Hoddle was a good England Manager, as was Venables.
He just had some unorthodox views that he had absolute belief in which he tried to ram down everybody's throat. He went too far.
I suppose if David Icke had the talent as a footballer as Hoddle -and Hoddle as Icke - we may have seen Hoddle and Eillen in turquoise tracksuits on the conspiracy theory circuit etc and Icke commentating on football.

He was god on the pitch. Didnt really have a weaker foot.

Was gutted when we let him go relatively young.

Anyone remember him trying passes with backspin on QPRs plastic pitch.

Hoddle was a good England Manager, as was Venables.
He just had some unorthodox views that he had absolute belief in which he tried to ram down everybody's throat. He went too far.
I suppose if David Icke had the talent as a footballer as Hoddle -and Hoddle as Icke - we may have seen Hoddle and Eillen in turquoise tracksuits on the conspiracy theory circuit etc and Icke commentating on football.

I also tend to think that the whole religious thing was Hoddle trying to find meaning in life for himself but sort of screwed up badly with Eillen.

He is the last England manager to get us playing consistently good football with clear tactics and not accepting player ego. Hard to say but he was good with Chelsea as manager, shame it didn't work out with us.

He was before my time as a player but his highlights videos are insane like watching some of the best Dutch players. Very un-English in terms of ability.

All I need to say is that there was only one poster of a footballer on my wall as a kid...

Hod_zpsoudgoxcs.jpg

The way he runs from midfield to get on the end of that. The technique, fuck me. That made me have my first orgasm, and I didn't even know it.

Last edited:
I also remember going away to Villa in 79 I think it was, and we were losing 2-0 with about 15-20 mins to go.
Then Jones scored, and hoddle scored 2. All at our end. Fucking mental.
One of his goals was fucking superb, the winner if I remember correct. He chipped the ball from about 20yrds out, over the keeper and the ball rolled from the top of the net, around the back and out.
Very similar to the Watford goal.

Back
Top Bottom