Going down

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was, just checked,

Either way, Martinez has performed a minor Miracle keeping that bunch of players in the Premier League IMO

Bruce signed: Heskey, Landzaat, Boyce, Kilbane, Cotterill, Kirkland, Unsworth, Bramble, Koumas, Palacios, Edman, Valencia and Marlon King when he was there along with others.
He sold: Roberts, Chimbonda, Henchoz, De Zeeuw, Baines and some others.

His total spend in his 4 windows was approximately £7.5-8m

His 3 biggest signings were Heskey, Koumas and King all for over £5m each. Boselli cost approximately £6.5-7m

Valencia was on loan with the club when Bruce joined who signed him to a permanent contract. I'd say it's more down to their scouting system than the managers with regards to players like Valencia, Palacios, Figeroa etc

Fair dos, jury is out on Martinez for me. Not sure how much he can blame on not having any money.

Bruce had Palacios at Birmingham didn't he?

Thelonious Filth said:
Bruce and Jewell did better than Martinez tbf, I know Martinez is more likeable than the other 2 but Wigan are shite. A lot of their best players were brought in by previous management.

TLF I know this is werid, but your posts are exactly like you speak. Do you say them (in your head or out loud) before you start typing?

Wigan have one of the highest debts with one of the highest Wage to Turnover ratios and are most reliant on TV rev's.

In short, they cant afford medium wages, let alone big wages and one of their best players is James McCarthy who wouldnt get near our bench and another is Hugo Rodellaga who seems to have forgotten how to play football.

paulhasissues said:
Thelonious Filth said:
Bruce and Jewell did better than Martinez tbf, I know Martinez is more likeable than the other 2 but Wigan are shite. A lot of their best players were brought in by previous management.

TLF I know this is werid, but your posts are exactly like you speak. Do you say them (in your head or out loud) before you start typing?
I dictate them to my secretary. :shades:

Back
Top Bottom