Goldbridge, dick head, OK geezer or an elaborate parody?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dick or parody

• Dick

Votes: 54 42.5%
  • Parody

Votes: 52 40.9%
  • A decent chap

Votes: 30 23.6%

• Total voters
I never cease to be amazed at how the cult of celebrity is bestowed on random nonentities simply because they air their opinions on Twitter. If you were in a pub and some random with a mouth far bigger than their brain gave you the benefit of their pea-brained perspective, the last thing you'd do is convey this bollocks to all and sundry. BUT... type the very same inane, mindless, spiteful drivel on Twitter and suddenly it's 'a thing' and the poster is quoted, re-quoted, re-tweeted and is generally treated as the next coming of Nostradamus. Maybe it's because I'm simply of an age where 'back in the day' a person of talent, skill or intellect commanded the public's attention and influenced opinion and debate, not these self-aggrandized 'seers' who bestow their words of wisdom on us less enlightened 'non-personalities' from the heights of Mount Twitter. Instead of raising the status of these turds, how about ignoring their mutant ramblings and let's get back to intelligent discussion?

Last edited:
I never cease to be amazed at the cult of celebrity that being on Twitter is bestowed on random nonentities. If you were in a pub and some person with a mouth far bigger than their brain gave you the benefit of their moronic musings, the last thing you'd do is convey this bollocks to all and sundry. BUT... type the very same inane, mindless, spiteful drivel on Twitter and suddenly it's 'a thing' and the poster is quoted, re-quoted, re-tweeted and is generally treated as the next coming of Nostradamus. Maybe it's because I'm simply of an age where persons of talent, skill or intellect commanded the public's attention and influenced opinion and debate, not these self-aggrandized 'seers' who bestow their words of wisdom on us less enlightened 'non-personalities' from the heights of Mount Twitter. Instead of raising the status of these turds, how about ignoring their mutant ramblings and let's get back to intelligent discussion?

I never cease to be amazed at the cult of celebrity that being on Twitter is bestowed on random nonentities. If you were in a pub and some person with a mouth far bigger than their brain gave you the benefit of their moronic musings, the last thing you'd do is convey this bollocks to all and sundry. BUT... type the very same inane, mindless, spiteful drivel on Twitter and suddenly it's 'a thing' and the poster is quoted, re-quoted, re-tweeted and is generally treated as the next coming of Nostradamus. Maybe it's because I'm simply of an age where persons of talent, skill or intellect commanded the public's attention and influenced opinion and debate, not these self-aggrandized 'seers' who bestow their words of wisdom on us less enlightened 'non-personalities' from the heights of Mount Twitter. Instead of raising the status of these turds, how about ignoring their mutant ramblings and let's get back to intelligent discussion?
Hear fucking hear

Instead of raising the status of these turds, how about ignoring their mutant ramblings and let's get back to intelligent discussion?
4633.jpg

I'm going to go with dickhead on this one.
This guy is like one of those on a "talent" show convinced they are awesome at singing, but are in fact tone deaf.

Back
Top Bottom