Good players but made no difference.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ledley King and Darren Anderton

tenor.gif

Rebrov.

Quality striker who's movement and eye for goal was streets ahead of the poorest spurs midfield ever, who gave him no service.

Same happened with saldado, played with another striker in Spain, comes to spurs, plays as a lone striker, has balls played at head height twenty yards from goal and everyone got on his back about his lack of goals

David Ginola.

Good player but really made no difference - at the time.
Fantastic player but was suffocated by Grahams boring brand of football. He made that team above average when it was rather shit , a somewhat achchiement considering he was constantly attacked by the manager.
The only thing worth watching was our French swashbuckling winger in the late 90s and remember player of the year .
Rather unfair

Don't see why personality would come into the debate. The thread is about players who are held in high regard but were actually not that special.

And there's a lot of names here that are widely regarded as having been shit, like Bentley, Bent and Rebrov, so no point mentioning them.

I'm gonna throw Gazza out there. I remember Gazza as a scorer of great goals but he didn't have the overall impact on a game that a player like Eriksen does.

Lamela in today's money would be closer to 75 million due to the tv hyper inflation.
Just has not delivered . Underwhelming, very occasional brilliance but mainly frustration.
We all live in hope.

Don't see why personality would come into the debate. The thread is about players who are held in high regard but were actually not that special.

And there's a lot of names here that are widely regarded as having been shit, like Bentley, Bent and Rebrov, so no point mentioning them.

I'm gonna throw Gazza out there. I remember Gazza as a scorer of great goals but he didn't have the overall impact on a game that a player like Eriksen does.
True but unfair. Playmakers and strikers back then could do fuck all for 88 minutes as long as they set goals in the remaining 2. the work rate needed was far lower back then

Gaza got us to that final without him it was impossible. Something we can only dream about today .

Eric Dier.

Love him and he is a really good player who is useful in a many positions and when on form an excellent part of a well oiled machine.

But, I don't think we would be any worse off without him in the actual team when everyone is fit.

Other teams fans just don't rate him. Lost count of the negative comments about him during the w/c.

I like him but he has a touch of the Dembeles about him, you're almost willing him to step up to another level and grab a game by the neck, all the tools are there just not sure he's enough of a mean bastard or has thet head to do it.

He needs to see I say it go more bit Ramos and start believing he's the boss.

I like Lamela but I think the praise he gets sometimes is unwarranted. Flashes of brilliance but 23 goals in 154 games is a disappointing return based on what I was expecting of him. In the Premier League he averages 3/4 a season I believe. Strange for someone so talented

But very rarely has he been 100% fit for us

Running out of time

I was too young to remember his overall contribution, but I can remember some of his significant goals.

When he was a rangers he was a seriously important midfielder for them. I would imagine he was the same for us

Back
Top Bottom