Graham Potter

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Proud Of You Yes GIF

Post it then
I'll post it...again.

He has managed a team that I truly believe is a striker away from being top 10. I have rattled off these statistics time and time again, but HERE WE GO!

BrightonTottenhamWest Ham
League Position15th7th4th
Draws12 (most)77
GF33 (13th)52 (5th)51 (6th)
GA38 (9th)35 (6th)39 (11th)
xG43 (8th)42.4 (11th)42.6 (9th)
xGA30.7 (3rd)38.3 (10th)37.2 (7th)
xGD/900.40 (5th)0.13 (9th)0.17 (8th)
SoT%27.3% (20th)37.7% (3rd)36.2% (8th)
Sh/9012.65 (7th)11.03 (13th)11.48 (12th)
G/Sh0.07 (16th)0.14 (1st)0.13 (2nd)
KP289 (8th)235 (13th)252 (12th)
GF= Goals For, GA= Goals Against, xG= expected goals, xGA= expected goals against, xGD/90= expected goal difference per 90, SoT%= shots on target %, Sh/90= shots per 90, G/Sh=goals a shot, KP= key passes

Potter has a team of championship-level players playing out of their fucking skin. They are where they are because they have Neil Maupay, Danny Welbeck, and Trossard as their main attackers.

They have conceded 3 more goals than us...big deal. A key, I think a lot of people ignore is how close they have been to turn their 12 draws into some wins. They dominate opposition more often than not and the following rundown shows why they can't convert these wins.

Brighton fucking sucks at shooting. They get more shots off than Spurs and WH, they have more key passes, and have a beautiful expected goal tally, but again, THEY CAN'T SHOOOOOOOT!

Their xG is better than us and West Ham. Shots per game? More than both us and WH.

So why are they 15th? It's not the defense...they have the 3rd best xGA and are the 9th tightest team. It's because they can't finish!!! They get more shots off, but can't hit the target. In fact...they are dead fucking last in terms of accuracy.

more...you know why we are 7th? Kane and Son. We sit first in Goals per shot. Brighton sit 16th, right where you will find them.

So instead of looking solely at a table for your justification as to why a manager isn't good enough, maybe you should look into some things and watch a Brighton game.

Some videos of his tactics

I'm really not sure. Not dead set against it but just something feels missing. For all the talk of they don't have a striker they have some pretty good defenders, White, Lamptey & Dunk would all likely get in our side. Is their squad any worse than say Southampton? I know Ings is the diffetence maker but other than him that squad is rancid. Potter is obviously a very bright bloke but just not sure he has that gravitas and charisma that a lot of top managers have. He feels more like a coach than a manager. However If we were to get a good DOF i'd be ok with him.

Yeah, if we can't get ten Hag, I think Potter is next best. He's English like Spurs are English; thoroughly cosmopolitan and looking to the horizons, not hiding on an island or behind 6 centre-backs looking to lump it long.

And if it’s all about results, why not Moyes or smith? Cos it’s a FUGAZI.

West Ham will bounce back to earth with a heavy schedule next season and anybody with sense can see Grealish is keeping Smith in a job.

He’s a decent manager but I am not convinced he’s the man to steer us back into top 4. This whole xG bullshit sounds like Mourinho fans trying to convince the world he’s doing a great job.

Then again, I wasn’t convinced about Poch either when he become Tottenham manager, although the expectations were quite different back then.

Wouldn't be my first choice but at this point I'm ready to take him on just to see what he can do with a real striker - would finally answer the poor-shooting-or-just-bad question mark around his team

Doesn’t matter who the manager is unless there’s change to the football hierarchy at the club..... otherwise Aurier, Sanchez, Sissoko etc will all be here next season coupled with a couple of Hail Mary / cheap signings

FUCK OFF LEVY, step aside and delegate the football matters

Why start a thread about a POSSIBLE replacement?
We should have threads for all possible if you're gonna do that. There is a next manager thread so you could have used that one no?

Back
Top Bottom