Graham Potter

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Think he's a good manager. Also thought he'd do quite well there though so I was wrong about that & could be wrong about him.

Sometimes its just not the right job or the right time. Going from the stability of Brighton straight to whatever Chelsea are doing is a big step. And despite all that spending they have far too many talented but samey players in attack and dodgy players at CB/keeper.

Should be doing a LOT better for sure with that squad, don't get me wrong. He's got lots of good footballers. But Tuchel was facing struggles too (albeit pre massive splurge) and I think he's a brilliant coach.
I think that a lot of elite managers have an intense vibe that he doesn't. Those that don't are coming with their own track record, either as managers or players. Potter has an incredibly thin CV at a top 10 club.

Yeah I have some sympathy because I think it is difficult trying to implement your style of play with new players constantly coming in.

But even then this is pretty shambolic and goes beyond just that. They’re just not playing for him.

You either get rid of him and get someone the players will respect or double down and send a message to the players that he’s here to stay and that they better get used to it.

Reece James said something interesting in his post match on motd2. Well it was more the way he said it. He sounded resentful when saying ”it’s a new way of doing things and we’ve got to buy into it”. Almost like it’s a chore or he doesn’t agree with it. Worth catching.

I like Potter and would like to see an English manager have success but I feel Chelsea have become a poisoned chalice under Boehly and success will be difficult under any manager. Who spends that kind of money without buying a striker ??
They’ve got Nkunku coming in summer?

They’ve got Nkunku coming in summer?
Isn't he another wide forward? Like Sterling and Maduke and Felix and Mudryk?

Anyway. Its the last name I want to talk about. He didn't get long pretty much came on as we got the second. He is intresting 70 million euros potentially 100 million. Sticking my neck out big time. He won't get near justifying that price. He kind of reminds me of Aaron Lennon more than anyone else. I rate Lennon highly but at those fees....

Reece James said something interesting in his post match on motd2. Well it was more the way he said it. He sounded resentful when saying ”it’s a new way of doing things and we’ve got to buy into it”. Almost like it’s a chore or he doesn’t agree with it. Worth catching.
The list of managers that have been sacked by players at Chelsea is long. Don't know that Potter is enough of a cunt to succeed at Chelsea - they have always needed a manager who will stick a boot up their arse and make them win something. They turn on him, too, in short order...but they win trophies in the mean time.

Chelsea are a bit in trouble here. They have a long list of expensive, unproven players, some of which will turn good and some won’t.

They will be able to move the ones that come good. But those are the ones they don’t want to move.

Will they be able to move ones that fail at Chelsea? That’s hard to say. They’d almost certainly have to sell at a cheaper price. And due to the spread out amortization, that means taking a loss.

For example, let’s say you buy a 100 mil player on a 5 year contract. He plays 3 seasons and his value is now 40 mil. Let’s say you sell him at 40m to break even when it comes to the transfer.

Same 100m player on an 8 year contract. After 3 seasons, he’s still an asset of 62.5 mil. Now if you sell him for the same price of 40 mil at the same time, the transfer becomes a 22.5 mil loss.

These long contracts help Chelsea short term… the money is spread out in the first few years… but long term it evens out. So if these players don’t come good, Chelsea are in trouble.

Isn't he another wide forward? Like Sterling and Maduke and Felix and Mudryk?

Anyway. Its the last name I want to talk about. He didn't get long pretty much came on as we got the second. He is intresting 70 million euros potentially 100 million. Sticking my neck out big time. He won't get near justifying that price. He kind of reminds me of Aaron Lennon more than anyone else. I rate Lennon highly but at those fees....
They’ve got Lukaku to come back too

:dierno:

Chelsea are a bit in trouble here. They have a long list of expensive, unproven players, some of which will turn good and some won’t.

They will be able to move the ones that come good. But those are the ones they don’t want to move.

Will they be able to move ones that fail at Chelsea? That’s hard to say. They’d almost certainly have to sell at a cheaper price. And due to the spread out amortization, that means taking a loss.

For example, let’s say you buy a 100 mil player on a 5 year contract. He plays 3 seasons and his value is now 40 mil. Let’s say you sell him at 40m to break even when it comes to the transfer.

Same 100m player on an 8 year contract. After 3 seasons, he’s still an asset of 62.5 mil. Now if you sell him for the same price of 40 mil at the same time, the transfer becomes a 22.5 mil loss.

These long contracts help Chelsea short term… the money is spread out in the first few years… but long term it evens out. So if these players don’t come good, Chelsea are in trouble.
Pretty sure they’ll be on hefty salaries too. Maybe they’ll have to pay a portion of those to move players on? Hopefully they’ll end up with a few Winston Bogardes.

Back
Top Bottom