Grealish

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

100 million is a crazy amount of money for him, talented as he is. But I'd have loved him at Spurs though. I've rarely seen a player who constantly draws so many players to him than Grealish, or hold on to the ball as well as he does until he's inevitably fouled. He gets a lot of shit for diving but it's pretty clear most of the time he has the shit kicked out of him every game by people who can't get near him.

Never pictured him in a City shirt though. I thought United were always his most likely destination once he left Villa. Wonder what it also means for Foden? They play in similar positions usually, from the left. I think Foden will end up more central in the future but not at the moment. Can they play together? If they can maybe Guardiola will give Southgate a bit of an idea.

Couldn't see what the fuss was about at first, TBH, thought he was a stand out player for a Championship side. But to give him credit, thought he adapted to the Premiership extremely well, and he would have been a great signing for us. One that got away unfortunately.

Couldn't see what the fuss was about at first, TBH, thought he was a stand out player for a Championship side. But to give him credit, thought he adapted to the Premiership extremely well, and he would have been a great signing for us. One that got away unfortunately.

Imagine a front three of Grealish, Son and Kane in better times. That would have been quite something. Totally different sort of player but I'd love for us to sign Harvey Barnes. Leicester won't sell him and it would take a silly amount of money no doubt.

Just goes to show. As a agent you won't find footballer trawling the red light districs of africa.
On Levys and our dime.

When you cast your mind back to Southgate leaving him on the bench past the 90 minute mark to let Mount faff around doing nothing in the final, it's easy to see why Grealish would think "feck this, it's time to leave Villa for a bigger club".

Unfortunately for him I could see him getting pissed off at the diminished playing time sooner or later. The lad just loves playing football.

Sorry, I don't know him well:

1) how does a player who is 25 and was at Aston Villa cost like that? Surely he will be good but he doesn't seem to have top player numbers

2) But financial fair play applies to all clubs or PSG and Manchester City / United have an exemption to do what they want

Sorry, I don't know him well:

1) how does a player who is 25 and was at Aston Villa cost like that? Surely he will be good but he doesn't seem to have top player numbers

2) But financial fair play applies to all clubs or PSG and Manchester City / United have an exemption to do what they want

His stats are mis-leading somewhat. He's not a great scorer, but he would have far more assists to his name if his Villa team-mates took more of the chances he created for them.

Is he better than Bernardo Silva? No. But it seems like Silva wants out of Man City. I'd say he's on a par with Mahrez, that sort of level, but with more potential if Guardiola can take him up a level.

Guardiola was raving about him as far back as a few years ago so he obviously sees a lot in him.

Grealish is over rated in my opinion. Yes, a very good player that will flourish in the man city set-up for a time; England yes-man Gareth Southgate used him as a bit part player for a reason and I predict he will be a short term superstar henceforth and five years from now everyone will realise what I already know:

Jack Grealish is over rated! :adethumbup:

Grealish is over rated in my opinion. Yes, a very good player that will flourish in the man city set-up for a time; Coach Gareth Southgate used him as a bit part player for a reason. I predict he will be a short term superstar henceforth and five years from now everyone will realise what I already know:
Jack Grealish is over rated! :adethumbup:

Southgate used him as a bit part player because he's scared to attack teams. That's why Foden only started two games in the whole tournament and Sancho barely got a sniff. Got nothing to do with his ability or lack of.

Southgate used him as a bit part player because he's scared to attack teams. That's why Foden only started two games in the whole tournament and Sancho barely got a sniff. Got nothing to do with his ability or lack of.
I suspect his lack of defending ability would stand out to the most defensive England manager in history. True Gareth Southgate is way too negative and IMO should have been sacked after his Cup final debacle but I think he has Grealish sussed.

Last edited:
In an attacking side where his lack of defensive capability and awareness won't be exposed he could look very good - playing for England and Villa when they were forced on the back-foot he was about as effective as a chocolate teapot - it's why Southgate is so wary of playing him.

At Spurs (or indeed most sides) that weakness would be exposed but at City with the defensive players behind him he quite probably gets a free ride - don't expect Pep to play him in the toughest of games, he will just be part of Pep bingo and probably do very well - so could a lot of players in that Man City side who would have cost a lot less than 100m, but when money is no object.

What would be funny is City signing Messi and Grealish hardly getting a game ..... ;)

Space shuttle for Kane :sonlol:

Back
Top Bottom