Greatest Goal Seen at the Lane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seen loads in 42 years of games a lot all ready mentioned but special mention for G.Roberts against Brugges 84/85 UEFA cup was behind it in the Paxton and if it wasn't for the net and then the fence it would have knocked someone's block off..
I mentioned this match on another board on great memories. I was on the Shelf for Bruges. Perfect Storm - evening k/o, Europe, great game, 3-0, and that belter of a goal. And from the Shelf you had the best and noisiest view anywhere Ive been before or since.

Lennon's to beat Chelsea for the fist time in years; I had witnessed so many defeats to the bastards! To finally beat them on November the fifth - fucking fireworks!
And I can't forget Ginola's against Leeds in an evening FA cup match - I was in the Shelf close to the pitch, the ball looped up and dropped to Ginola's; what was he going to do, take it down and start building another attack? No! He smashed it frm 25, 30 yards into the net. WHL exploded. Beautiful!

My particular favourite was MartinPeters v Man City in the early 70s, I think!

At the Paxton where I was standing in the lower

Throw in to us on the West side taken by Big Chiv, flick on by Gilly near posts and an overhead kick by Peters past their keeper, Corrigan I believe!

Sublime

My brother rang me that morning telling me he had a spare and do i want it?
I had agreed to help a mate move,and it only being Wigan, and probably not be much of a game i turned it down........................................

Story of my life

On the other side I remember back then I listened to "The Spurs Show" podcast, and some guy emailed them saying he'd taken his son to that game as his first game ever. After I think it was five goals his son turned to him and said "Is it like this every week dad"? Brilliant.

My brother rang me that morning telling me he had a spare and do i want it?
I had agreed to help a mate move,and it only being Wigan, and probably not be much of a game i turned it down........................................

Story of my life
I got to the game, but for some reason I'd got seats in North Upper. Also, unusually we kicked off playing towards the North. My other half used to joke at HT's when in the South, that as long as we were level we'd win as almost all the goals seemed to be scored at the North. 8 in the South v Wigan that day!

The 2 best goals I saw in the flesh were not at WHL but Wembley. Ricky Villa in 1981 and Gazza's free kick in 1991. Difficult to pick the most outstanding at WHL but the 2 most important were the 2 winners for the UEFA cup being Mullery in 1972 against Wolves and Graham Roberts in 1984. I was at both matches.

archibald winner against notts county in 1983/4. tap in from about a yard. but it was my first game, so it was better than any other i saw.

Back
Top Bottom