Greatest Goal Seen at the Lane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mine too. Best goals I have ever seen live Especially the forest one.
Then it has to be Roberts in 84. Just becuase of the moment.
Then gazzas last free kick v Derby in 1990.
shilton really should have saved that. fucking miles out and not even in the corner from my recollection.

In the same vein as above, I've always seen this as Defoe's best goal. Many will probably point to an overhead kick against Manure, but for me he has no right to score this from the moment he picks up the ball with two men on him 50 yards from goal.

Anyone at the FA cup tie Jan 1978 v Bolton, 2-2?
The most impossible goal that Hoddle scored, and that includes the crazy vollies v Forest and Liverpool that thankfully were televised. Unfortunately the Bolton one wasn't. Far out near the RH corner flag at Paxton End, an unbelievable shot. Jimmy Armfield said it was the best goal he'd ever seen, and he would have seen a lot more than me then. The goal made no difference; Bolton equalised with a scrappy one a minute later, and we lost the replay.
imagine trying to explain that concept to anyone today....?
"whaddaya mean it wasn't televised....? It's always televised...all games are televised... Weirdo!"

For me it's Poyets goal to equalise agains the Scum, Judas first game back.

Was in the Paxton, the ground literally exploded.

Technically obviously not the best, but it meant so much not to let that, and them win

I don't know if it qualifies as the greatest, but one that always sticks in my mind was Klinsmann's final ever club, which was at WHL in our end of season game against Southampton in May 1998. I've tried to find a video of it but to no avail.

best goals I've seen in the flesh...
Zeige's free kick against the scum. I loved Zeige and it was an absolute fucker of a strike. .
Barmby header against Wimbledon in the cup 1993. Stooped low to head into the top corner from 20 yards. Probably the best header Ive ever seen.

this one was great too

Yeah, remind me why Liverpool played in Black that day?
As far as I'm aware, Red and White have never clashed!
...I can only A$$UM£ it was for the same reasons we turned out in that Grey & Black monstrosity at The Emirates in one of the "5-2" games a few years back??

Fucking *money-men can go fuck themselves!

*ahem, whilst helping us pay for a new ground... sorry lads!

In the 5-1 against Woolwich the 4th or 5th was scored whilst the whole ground was in chorus of Oh When The Spurs. Not even sure who scored it but it was fucking magical.

best goals I've seen in the flesh...
Zeige's free kick against the scum. I loved Zeige and it was an absolute fucker of a strike. .
Barmby header against Wimbledon in the cup 1993. Stooped low to head into the top corner from 20 yards. Probably the best header Ive ever seen.

I'll never forget that Ziege goal. I'd been in Rome, and just got back to Stansted in plenty of time for the football. Turned out though the trains were fucked, so I left the bird I went to Rome with at Stansted Airport with all our luggage and told her I had to rush off to watch the NLD. I had to get a replacement bus service all the way to Liv Street I think from Stansted, and then cabbed it pretty much from there to WHL.

Got to White Hart Lane late, entered Block 32 to a rousing reception from my mates who were impressed I'd even made it, and 5 seconds later, Ziege scored that beauty of a freekick.

Greatest introduction to a game at WHL for me ever.

Not a great goal in the conventional sense but I always think of a goal Robbie Keane scored against Birmingham. He waited behind the keeper as he rolled it out of his hand to take a goal kick from the floor. Keane, with the cunning, speed and chutzpah which was so evident in his early career appeared suddenly and stole the ball and rolled it home into the empty net. It was so obvious what was happening to everyone apart from the oblivious keeper and was hilarious and massively enjoyable.

Gazza's winning goal against Notts County in 1991 FA Cup quarter final was decent. More recently, Bale's against Chelsea in 2010 a few days after beating the Arse was also superb. That game is the best performance I think I've ever seen from a Tottenham side. Chelsea were genuinely decent but we outfought and outclassed them completely. A Redknapp special.

Seen loads in 42 years of games a lot all ready mentioned but special mention for G.Roberts against Brugges 84/85 UEFA cup was behind it in the Paxton and if it wasn't for the net and then the fence it would have knocked someone's block off.
Hoddle against Birmingham in the Fa cup fifth round was good and Falco's volley against them Easter 83.Paul Allen scored a great winner against Aston Villa around 89/90 season also Vinny Samways against the filth around the same season.

Back
Top Bottom