Griffiths has gone...it seems

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wonder why we couldn't have loaned him... offer him a new deal, but give him the opportunity of first team game time elsewhere for a season SURELY would've been agreeable to the young chap?

Poch clearly had reservations, but many had reservations about Kane (albeit ability, rather than attitide) ...and he clearly benefitted from the loan system!

I guess they feared he would pull an Edwards while on loan.

We sent Edwards to Norwich on loan and apparently he did not take it seriously at all and came late to practice and skipped team meetings .

Surviving a loan is just as much ability as it is character. We sent Josh out on loan last season because he apparently was big headed but he bunkered down, worked hard while at Villa and is seemingly going to get rewarded

I've never seen so much hullabaloo over a player who had one good season against kids, struggled against adults and was on the cusp of being released a year ago.

Its not just him, Bennetts, Madueke, and maybe Edwards soon ?!

I agree that they are very impatient in general nowadays, they seem to want it...NOW

Its just a lot of potential to lose after all the hard work the club puts in.

Preparing myself for the podcast - the way things are going I think this is the season - where the youth update is just 6 or 7 minutes of WindyCOYS WindyCOYS sobbing.

I'm planning a Youth Pod for The Extra Inch, hoping to confirm a couple of really knowledgeable guests who can give the 'bigger picture' narrative and then we'll focus in on Spurs' sorry state of affairs.

I've never seen so much hullabaloo over a player who had one good season against kids, struggled against adults and was on the cusp of being released a year ago.
That's not quite right IMO - he outscored the rest of the league by miles and I dont think he was ever close to being released.

I'm planning a Youth Pod for The Extra Inch, hoping to confirm a couple of really knowledgeable guests who can give the 'bigger picture' narrative and then we'll focus in on Spurs' sorry state of affairs.

That would be very interesting and, I fear, probably quite depressing...looking forward to it!

That's not quite right IMO - he outscored the rest of the league by miles and I dont think he was ever close to being released.

I thought I read somewhere that he was close to being released before last season? Wasn't he being banded about in different positions? I think I saw he was even left back but we stuck with him an extra year and he scored all those goals.

I could understand if this was Edwards at 18, Kane at 18 or if Skipp decided to do this next year. But Griffiths never had any acclaim prior to last season.

Isn't Parrott higher rated? Richards seemed to have a good scoring season didn't he?

I have an account on lichess but I havent used it for a while, I use the chess.com one most, lets play then and we will see who crushes who shall we ?

I play as Alexawom on chess.com

Alexa (Alexawom) - Chess Profile

I am happy to dig out my lichess account if you are not on chess.com

Not an engine user are you ?

Found you lol, 1d4 and a Sicilian player are you , I have sent you a message.

Last edited:
And back to the actual point of this thread, have we actually given away all of these so far ?

#thfc 18/19 Departures

Keanan Bennetts - @borussia_en £2m
Luke O'Reily free
Nick Tsaroulla free
Christian Maghoma - @ArkaGdyniaSSA free
Matt Lock free
Joe Pritchard - @OfficialBWFC free
Ryan Loft - @LCFC free
Anton Walkes - @officialpompey £200k
Reo Griffiths - @OL free

Yes, I think £2M for Bennetts was a giveaway, but we will see.

He's not even in the Lyon U19 team for the UEFA Youth League.

Lyon beating City 0-2 currently.

OL announce squad for Youth League opener at Man City

'OL will have to make due without Amine Gouiri, Quentin Vieira, Mathis Louiserre and Reo Griffiths - who are all ruled out due to injury, but will still be travelling with the team to England.'

Might take him a few months to settle in France as well. Time to assess him is probably at the end of the season

Lyon have a good youth set up and are good at developing young players

Back
Top Bottom