Gylfi Sigurðsson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How are we feeling about this guy?

I have to say I have been a little underwhelmed, heard he was good in preseason however I think he has looked a little average from what I've seen of him live.

Certainly no VDV replacement, that is for sure/

Still young so give him time to settle, the more games he plays the better he will get (hopefully) .

At Swansea this guy was the fulcrum of the team, he was on set pieces, he was the playmaker, everything went through him. Hes now in a team where he has to work twice as hard to get noticed, wont get the chance to knock a free kick in the top corner and may get missed out during our play.

We got him for a cheap price considering todays market, He's young he will eventually adapt im sure. Dempsey was bough more to replace Rafa in my opinion, Sig will get plenty of games in the cups to gel aswell.

He never was a Rafa replacement. I said before we signed him I liked him but could be a step backwards as we needed another striker more. He is a very direct player, good at scoring and likes coming from deep, but Defoe struggles as a lone striker as it is so to have Siggy miles behind him just doesn't work.

Perhaps when Adebayor is fit then we may be able to see another side to Siggy. It's not that he has been terrible, it's just he is in a position that requires him to shine, especially for the price tag when it could have been spent elsewhere.

The training staff seem to think he is special though so there must be something about him that makes him better than Jenas anyway. A few touches in pre-season impressed me, but it's hard to tell. He should still get the cup games but doesn't deserve to start in the league in my opinion.

Do not like him. He is going to need to sink 2 hat tricks by December to regain my affection. Train him hard but keep him on the bench for mid-table and up.

Not at all convinced so far, though I desperately want to be. Clearly has talent but looks lost in our formation. Not got the knives out as such as I support any player in a lillywhite shirt (even jenas) but other than that pass against reading he's done very little in my opinion.

Think he'll get better.He has lots of potential.But will take some time to adjust in our team.

Stick him up against Carlisle U on Wed.Dont get him anywhere near the first team against Man U as he is still not ready.

Give him time, most of his problems at the moment seem to stem from having a poor understanding with the rest of the players. He's hesitating a lot and second guessing himself. I think he'll come good, but he's taken a major step up and needs time to adjust.

The same way that Dempsey hasn't exactly shined yet, Siggy will take a bit of time. It's probably VERY different from playing at Swansea and Reading.

He's been poor so far, but he's young and fitting in with a new team and system. What I've noticed is that he is often open to receive the ball but it doesn't get passed to him. He also seems to take one or two touches too many instead of playing the ball earlier

SadlerTHFC said:
I said he looked poor in the Reading game but everyone else thought he was great.

He's young and it will take time, thats why we've brought Dempsey.
You and I were the only ones, pretty much.

Back
Top Bottom