Gylfi Sigurðsson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Or what about the fact that he's married and his wife is currently pregnant with his baby?!

The guy is scum, even if he's not a nonce. We shouldn't just pretend he's anything else because he played for us for a couple of seasons which is what some people seem to be doing to an extent.
You are imposing your values system on him before he has been accorded due process by the law!

Which begs the question, is it more damaging to have a video leak as the fartee or the farter?

:sonhmm:
Fartee, I reckon, because you've either asked for it or agreed accepting it.
What it its farter on an unwilling fartee? There's some #metoo action waiting in that scenario. Probably even if the fartee were purportedly on board.
....what's his DAD got to do with it??
(asking for a German freund of mine!) :freund:

You are imposing your values system on him before he has been accorded due process by the law!

Yeah, my bad. But I've seen enough of these incidents to know it usually doesn't turn out well for the accused in regards to them being guilty or not. But I'll say no more until he has. If.

But I also know that the opinions and reactions of some here would be quite different had he not been a previous Spurs player, that's for certain.

Far as I can see, hasn't featured at all for Everton, even on the bench. Must be something in the accusations.

£50m well spent if he gets banged up.
Can share a cell with Mendy.

Iceland PM saddened by football sex abuse scandal

Katrin Jakobsdottir said sexual abuse and harassment would not be tolerated
Iceland's prime minister has urged the nation's football association to root out sexual abuse after it was accused of covering up assault allegations against national team players.

Katrin Jakobsdottir said she was saddened by allegations that have plunged Iceland's football governing body (KSI) into crisis.

KSI apologised to the women involved before its entire board resigned.

The scandal emerged last week after a woman made sexual abuse allegations.

In an interview with public broadcaster RUV, Thorhildur Gyda Arnarsdottir, 25, accused a member of the national team of assaulting her in a Reykjavik nightclub in September 2017.

She said she and another woman had filed police reports against a player for sexual assault that night.

On Monday Swedish football club IFK Gothenburg addressed reports that "one of our players committed sexual harassment in 2017".

The player, who was not named, was reported to police. "The police investigation did not lead to any prosecution, but the parties agreed on a settlement," the club said.

"IFK Gothenburg takes this very seriously even if the case in the legal sense is closed," said club director, Hakan Mild.

Icelandic media say accusations against current and former national team members have been circulating on social media for weeks.

Speaking to the Visir newspaper, Ms Arnarsdottir said she knew of at least six other players who had been accused of sexual assaults.

She said she was pleased that KSI's board had decided to step down and was grateful for the support she had received.

"I just hope that this has shown us as a society that we need to start believing in victims when they step forward," she said.

On Tuesday the prime minister addressed the scandal after a cabinet meeting, telling RUV it was sad that it took these allegations to generate discussion about sexual abuse within football.

She expressed her "great admiration for the victims" who went public, and said she respected the resignations of KSI's board and its chairman, Gudni Bergsson.

"I hope this will be a learning curve for the football movement," the prime minister said, calling for a grassroots re-evaluation of how the sport deals with allegations of abuse.

Calls for the chairman's resignation came after he said in a TV interview that KSI had not received any complaints of sexual offences by players.

The next day the former chairman said his comments were a mistake after Ms Arnarsdottir went public with her allegations.

Mr Gudni and the board have both apologised to the alleged victims and admitted they let them down.

In a statement, the board vowed to "fix the things that have gone wrong and look at the culture that exists within the football movement from the bottom up".

"Work is already underway with external professionals to review all responses to sexual offences and violence within the association and how support was and will be provided to victims," the statement said.

Far as I can see, hasn't featured at all for Everton, even on the bench. Must be something in the accusations.

£50m well spent if he gets banged up.
Can share a cell with Mendy.

Due to the severity of the offence that he is accused of, he won't be able to play as long as there is an ongoing investigation. Just because he isn't playing doesn't mean he's guilty, it just means that the investigation is not complete (obviously if he is found guilty, he won't be playing either).

Iceland PM saddened by football sex abuse scandal

Katrin Jakobsdottir said sexual abuse and harassment would not be tolerated
Iceland's prime minister has urged the nation's football association to root out sexual abuse after it was accused of covering up assault allegations against national team players.

Katrin Jakobsdottir said she was saddened by allegations that have plunged Iceland's football governing body (KSI) into crisis.

KSI apologised to the women involved before its entire board resigned.

The scandal emerged last week after a woman made sexual abuse allegations.

In an interview with public broadcaster RUV, Thorhildur Gyda Arnarsdottir, 25, accused a member of the national team of assaulting her in a Reykjavik nightclub in September 2017.

She said she and another woman had filed police reports against a player for sexual assault that night.

On Monday Swedish football club IFK Gothenburg addressed reports that "one of our players committed sexual harassment in 2017".

The player, who was not named, was reported to police. "The police investigation did not lead to any prosecution, but the parties agreed on a settlement," the club said.

"IFK Gothenburg takes this very seriously even if the case in the legal sense is closed," said club director, Hakan Mild.

Icelandic media say accusations against current and former national team members have been circulating on social media for weeks.

Speaking to the Visir newspaper, Ms Arnarsdottir said she knew of at least six other players who had been accused of sexual assaults.

She said she was pleased that KSI's board had decided to step down and was grateful for the support she had received.

"I just hope that this has shown us as a society that we need to start believing in victims when they step forward," she said.

On Tuesday the prime minister addressed the scandal after a cabinet meeting, telling RUV it was sad that it took these allegations to generate discussion about sexual abuse within football.

She expressed her "great admiration for the victims" who went public, and said she respected the resignations of KSI's board and its chairman, Gudni Bergsson.

"I hope this will be a learning curve for the football movement," the prime minister said, calling for a grassroots re-evaluation of how the sport deals with allegations of abuse.

Calls for the chairman's resignation came after he said in a TV interview that KSI had not received any complaints of sexual offences by players.

The next day the former chairman said his comments were a mistake after Ms Arnarsdottir went public with her allegations.

Mr Gudni and the board have both apologised to the alleged victims and admitted they let them down.

In a statement, the board vowed to "fix the things that have gone wrong and look at the culture that exists within the football movement from the bottom up".

"Work is already underway with external professionals to review all responses to sexual offences and violence within the association and how support was and will be provided to victims," the statement said.
Its utterly depressing how many men just seem to be total scumbags. World wide across all cultures and races it just a problem with blokes period.

Due to the severity of the offence that he is accused of, he won't be able to play as long as there is an ongoing investigation. Just because he isn't playing doesn't mean he's guilty, it just means that the investigation is not complete (obviously if he is found guilty, he won't be playing either).

Yeah, I always feel that you could accuse a man of all sorts that would be forgotten if proven innocent.
Except sexual assault and especially against kids. Shame it can't be done in total secrecy until the guilt is proven to protect the rest of the mans life if he's innocent.

Its utterly depressing how many men just seem to be total scumbags. World wide across all cultures and races it just a problem with blokes period.

I personally think there's older women out there that maybe d questionable things with boys who aren't totally ready for it. The difference being the boys don't tend to speak up as they're more likely high fiving their mates than feeling abused.

I personally think there's older women out there that maybe d questionable things with boys who aren't totally ready for it. The difference being the boys don't tend to speak up as they're more likely high fiving their mates than feeling abused.
I don’t think that’s true. I’m sure it happens, but far more isolated than the other way around

I don’t think that’s true. I’m sure it happens, but far more isolated than the other way around
Agreed that its much less common. Societally and evolutionarily, men act in a much more overtly dominant way - taking liberties no just that they feel entitled to, but often that they merely feel they can get away with. Women typically act with much more passivity. Its why homicides commited by men are usually more violent in nature than women who often prefer poisoning or other subterfuge.

Men are just predisposed to predatory behavior. Probably more men abusing boys than women abusing boys, despite the smaller homosexual demographic.

I do partly go in for his point that boys are less likely to see an older woman taking liberties as abuse. Societally, we've definitely sexuality as conquest for men in general and from puberty (or even before) its basically viewed as a race amongst boys to lose their virginity.

Where as we still carry a lot of patriarchal notions on the virtuous bride centered around a woman's virginity, and her sexuality being the property of her father to give her husband (cringe as fuck)...thus being sexually abused is a massively traumatic event for women that not only is viewed as having their body used without their permission, but also of having something "taken" from them that they should have "protected". Which is why a lot of women hide their abuse.

We really gotta kick all these shitty notions that still pervade our society.

On the contrary, if you look at actual statistics of cases vs population, it becomes clear how few men actually do this (sexual crimes). Something like less than 2%, which means upwards of 98% are not an issue.

Back
Top Bottom