Hammers v Spurs: Big, but no Cup Final

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
It may annoy most of the West Ham support, but unfortunately for them, tonight is just another Premier League match. There is no rivalry; there is no hatred, from our direction at least, it’s a game of football with three points at stake. It’s a big game for us, but then we have another 11 big games after this. The importance of this fixture lies solely in the fact that there are three points available. We are looking to achieve [...]

Continue reading...

It may annoy most of the West Ham support, but unfortunately for them, tonight is just another Premier League match. There is no rivalry; there is no hatred, from our direction at least, it’s a game of football with three points at stake. It’s a big game for us, but then we have another 11 big games after this. The importance of this fixture lies solely in the fact that there are three points available. We are looking to achieve [...]

Continue reading...
I disagree with this. It's a massive game for me as a Spurs fan, and I bet many other Spurs fans who know West Ham fans. Because it means so much to them, so it means so much to me.

Also disagree. Anything less than three points in this fixture is a failure. Not because of the rivalry with West Ham, but because of the chance to leap-frog one of our true rivals on an even number of fixtures, and to maintain the gap against our sworn enemies ahead of the NLD.

They are definitely rivals and this is definitely a big game for the fans. Not in the same capacity as the scum or Chelsea but it's up there.

Back
Top Bottom