Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sky sports news decided to compile a list of the countries he’s played against and not scored against them. Using it as a stick to beat him with. When a broadcaster has that kind of agenda is it any wonder fans of other teams (and ours) doubt him.

As far as I am aware, he has goals or assists against:

Germany - The 3rd ranked team at the time and World Cup holders.
France x2 - World Cup winners the following year.
Colombia - Ranked top 10 following the World Cup.
Spain - 2 assists against 6th best team in the world and first win away in Spain in donkeys years.
Croatia - World Cup finalists and ranked 4th at the time

About the same amount of goals against 'top' opposition as Thierry Henry as international level. And, probably a better comparison, MORE than Wayne Rooney did.

And you don't even want to know how many of Ronaldo's 102 goals for Portugal were against decent opposition. God no.

He can only score against the team in front of him.

Since that Croatia game in the Nations League ALL the way back in 2018 - do you know how many games Kane has started against, what some would consider, top opposition?

Netherlands in the Semi Final of the Nations League and Belgium at the weekend.

That's it.

He failed to score in those 2.

Between that Croatia game and Belgium in the week - there has been 16 games... Kane has been involved in 17 goals in those games.

Were they against weak opposition? Mostly, yes. But again, he can only score against who's in front of him.

The fact is - most 'top' players at international level don't tend to get there goals against the biggest and best international teams because you very rarely meet them

Last edited:

Spain - 2 assists against 6th best team in the world and first win away in Spain in donkeys years.

About the same amount of goals against 'top' opposition as Thierry Henry as international level. And, probably a better comparison, LESS than Wayne Rooney did.

And you don't even want to know how many of Ronaldo's 102 goals for Portugal were against decent opposition. God no.

Since that Croatia game in the Nations League ALL the way back in 2018 - do you know how many games Kane has started against, what some would consider, top opposition?

That's it.

Between that Croatia game and Belgium in the week - there has been 16 games... Kane has been involved in 17 goals in those games.

Were they against weak opposition? Mostly, yes. But again, he can only score against who's in front of him.
And to be honest, to be invonved in 17 goals in 16 matches for a Southgate team is more impressive than Ronaldo and Messi numbers over their carreers.

Sky sports news decided to compile a list of the countries he’s played against and not scored against them. Using it as a stick to beat him with. When a broadcaster has that kind of agenda is it any wonder fans of other teams (and ours) doubt him.

The complete opposite to what they did for Rooney after he broke the record with penalties against minnows. They showed the teams he had scored against and were saying "he's scored against everyone at this level" ignoring the fact we were knocked out of 4 tournaments by Portugal and Italy and he has never scored against either side. Funny how that was not brought up by anyone.

The complete opposite to what they did for Rooney after he broke the record with penalties against minnows. They showed the teams he had scored against and were saying "he's scored against everyone at this level" ignoring the fact we were knocked out of 4 tournaments by Portugal and Italy and he has never scored against either side. Funny how that was not brought up by anyone.

Nah - Rooney regularly got abuse for his lack of goals in tournaments.

Which is funny because when Kane got goals in tournaments, he got abuse for it not being against the right opponents.

About the same amount of goals against 'top' opposition as Thierry Henry as international level. And, probably a better comparison, MORE than Wayne Rooney did.

That's it.

The fact is - most 'top' players at international level don't tend to get there goals against the biggest and best international teams because you very rarely meet them

I didn’t mean to trigger anyone! I agree with you wholeheartedly fwiw.

Fuck sake Harry is the only big player left in the England camp after every fucker has pulled out for their club teams. He's going to be shagged come the weekend, guarantee it.

Fuck sake Harry is the only big player left in the England camp after every fucker has pulled out for their club teams. He's going to be shagged come the weekend, guarantee it.

We've certainly got an excuse laid out if Kane isn't at his best, that's for sure.

I'd rather win than have a good excuse though.

Sterling sitting at home with his feet up resting up for Saturday.....

I'm sorry but how is this any different to Kane playing Newcastle one weekend, starting against Maccabi Haifa 4 days later and then Man Utd 3 days later?

Kane is better when he has games under his belt.

I hate the Kane excuses. For some he's either "not fit enough" or "overworked"

He's fine. He's probably at his peak physical condition right now in the best form of his life. These international games are pointless too. It's literally going to be like a training ground exercise for Kane this, with perhaps a bit higher intensity. It's a good workout.

In fact the only negative from it is that he may catch coronavirus somehow.

It would be better for us if he didn't play. But he's the England captain, we should just give him credit for fronting up when other players have clearly sacked this game off.
Oh I mean no criticism of Kane. I just think Southgate would be better placed with a Kane who hadn't been flogged to death by the end of the season.

I'm sorry but how is this any different to Kane playing Newcastle one weekend, starting against Maccabi Haifa 4 days later and then Man Utd 3 days later?

Kane is better when he has games under his belt.

I hate the Kane excuses. For some he's either "not fit enough" or "overworked"

In fact the only negative from it is that he may catch coronavirus somehow.
That's my main beef with it.

I don't think players should be travelling all over the place, mingling with others and goodness knows how many other bubbles in the middle of a global pandemic.

It's the height of stupidity for meaningless friendlies.

Fucking prick Gary. Unnecessary to play him. Course he won't create an injury like the other players do. He's the captain. But the manager should have better sense.

Back
Top Bottom