Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"We would demand at least 5 grand for that Ferrari..."

No, 100 million is not not the price for Kane. He is not for sale, but if you want to hear one, let us say 500 for the sake of it.

Some of our own fans said he was finished and we should sell him.
I have watched Spurs for over 40 years and he is the best player I have seen in our shirt.
His work for the team is

Nice to see that Pep has openly said he wants City to "target" Kane during his contract negotiations...Pep can fuck off!
If that ever happens i'm going to have a seizure. Pre fucking planned thank you.

Guardiola should be buried up to his neck and stoned to death, as permitted in the law of the slave state that funds him, for such a naked attempt to unsettle our player.

I hope we lodge a complaint against the slap-headed cunt

No, I'm not taking this well

Listened to a few football podcasts today and everyone is going on about how brilliant kane was.

Yet I cant see what changed. He's been magnificent for years and easily the best top 3 players for last 4 years. Kane may be playing slightly deeper but he has always had that in his locker.

Why the sudden look how good kane is stances?

Listened to a few football podcasts today and everyone is going on about how brilliant kane was.

Yet I cant see what changed. He's been magnificent for years and easily the best top 3 players for last 4 years. Kane may be playing slightly deeper but he has always had that in his locker.

Because people are only as good as the stats show.

Look at Kanes assists column over the last few years. Barely anything.

Now all of a sudden he has 9 assists in 9 Premier League games, on top of also scoring 7 goals. So the narrative simply has to be Kane is a great player.

The work Kane does in and around our own penalty box must be so heartening for the players around him, to see your star striker blocking shots, sliding interceptions, heading away corners. What a leader, blown away by his all round contribution this year. Hopefully he sits out Thursday, cannot afford to be missing him for games vs Chelsea, Woolwich and Liverpool.

It's on the other players to ensure we don't need him in these EL games.

Another shit-show like the 1st half against Antwerp is unacceptable.

Because people are only as good as the stats show.

Look at Kanes assists column over the last few years. Barely anything.

Now all of a sudden he has 9 assists in 9 Premier League games, on top of also scoring 7 goals. So the narrative simply has to be Kane is a great player.

Gotta laugh at the knob-ends casting doubt his way after the international break..... Jealous oppo twats that lot of 'em.

Any chance of a copy and paste of the full article?
You have probably seen the clip from the Amazon Prime series where José Mourinho tells Harry Kane that he can help him become not just a top-class footballer but a legend. “The reality is that my dimension is universal and by being with me I think I can help you to [explode],” the Tottenham Hotspur head coach, 57, explains (with characteristic humility).

“That’s my aim,” Kane, 27, concurs. “When you’re at a club like Tottenham, of course we’ve done well and personally I’ve done well. But I want to be [Cristiano] Ronaldo and Messi.”

In putting himself in that superstar bracket, Kane probably did not have in mind winning a man-of-the-match award without taking a single shot at goal and spending as much time in his own half as attacking. Not a job that Ronaldo or Messi would rush to sign up for.

Dirty work, and yet there was no more powerful sight in Spurs’ victory over Manchester City, propelling them top of the Premier League, than Kane in his own penalty area in the last ten minutes, making yet another important defensive intervention.
When a team’s star players will sacrifice themselves for the cause, and devote themselves to winning ugly and readily accepting 30 per cent possession to achieve the end result, then something is stirring.

Mourinho’s methods are not for everybody — leading players can be understandably sniffy about the aversion to risk, like fans and pundits — but this Spurs squad appears to be swallowing them whole, and hungrily, led by the striker. There are a number of reasons why Spurs might compete for the title but Kane is chief among them — and, remarkably, only in part for his goals.
“Maybe Harry Kane will change the way people look at strikers,” Mourinho said after that City game. That is some remark when you think about it.
Change the way we look at the game? Certainly to look at Kane’s touch map against City, dots scattered all over the pitch, you would not have a clue about his primary role.
Under Mourinho, Kane is continuing his path to becoming a forward of extremely rare versatility, fine-tuning a game that, to be fair to Gareth Southgate, had previously shown promise with England, too, in the way the striker dropped deep for other runners to dash into the space vacated.

We would certainly not call Kane an orthodox No 9 any more, but not a false nine either. He wears 10 for Spurs, nine for England. A nine-plus? A mega-ten?
Against City, this work was done to perfection for both of Spurs’ goals, dropping deeper to drag City’s central defenders out of position to create space for others, Son Heung-min and Giovani Lo Celso, to exploit.
The pass for the second goal took Kane to nine assists in the top flight, four more than any other player; or indeed any player in the top five European leagues. It is already a personal best.
And he is still scoring. Under Mourinho Kane has 27 goals and 18 assists in 34 matches, which is all the more remarkable when you consider that he suffered a severe hamstring injury at the turn of the year.
Some dared to speculate then, as statistics showed Kane dropping deeper, that this signified a loss of physicality and intensity. That he might even be past his prime.
In fact, Kane was just becoming smarter, and never more so than with those four assists for Son against Southampton.

Is there anything he cannot do? In live commentary on Saturday, Gary Neville dared to drop Zinédine Zidane’s name into a comparison (albeit with a qualifying remark that “I will get mocked for saying this”) in the way that Kane could shield the ball, tormenting even a defender of Aymeric Laporte’s calibre.

The ability to draw fouls is another prized asset. “The most streetwise footballer in the Premier League by a long way and I love it,” Jamie Carragher said of Kane. You can be sure Mourinho will love that bit too.

“The Harry Kane team,” Pep Guardiola once called Tottenham. And, even as the collective seems to be thriving under Mourinho, it feels like Kane’s value soars not just in the goals he amasses — on course to be the most prolific in Premier League history and of all time for England, if he stays fit — but so much more in the team play, the example he sets as leader, and the all-round excellence.

Messi and Ronaldo? It sounded strange, a little forced, coming from Kane on that documentary when he mentioned them. Comparisons will always be invidious with that pair, even if just in terms of profile and respect.

It is more than enough — for Spurs, for England, for the rest of us wondering when we have seen another striker quite like Kane — that he is “exploding” in his own, unique and notably team-centric way.

So true. He is doing it more but it is not new. He even did the same thing exactly against Spain, what, two years ago now? And got praised for it at the time.

Back
Top Bottom