Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The "What has he won" argument is always the most stupid argument - because it's always team honours. And there have been many average players who have won trophies. And it's always one thing after the other. Harry Kane hasn't done anything at international level. "Golden boot in the World Cup" - yeah but he scored against Panama. Oh.

We'd win the League Cup and it'd just change from "What has he won?" to "He's only won a League Cup" etc. etc.

I actually thought the last statement was a good one to shut it down.

"If you replace Lewandowski with Harry Kane in the Bayern Munich team, they would STILL win the Champions League"

Some of the replies to that as well, fucking hell I don’t remember being so salty about the like of Henry when he played for the scum, Harry Kane is one of the best strikers in the world right now and people hate it cause he plays for Spurs and I can’t wait
To bath in there tears when we finally win something , then what does the narrative become? Well he has only played in 1 league , or what has he won with his country?

Some of the replies to that as well, fucking hell I don’t remember being so salty about the like of Henry when he played for the scum, Harry Kane is one of the best strikers in the world right now and people hate it cause he plays for Spurs and I can’t wait
To bath in there tears when we finally win something , then what does the narrative become? Well he has only played in 1 league , or what has he won with his country?

Social media though isn't it.

I said it before, I remember the 2005 Champions League final and actually WANTING Liverpool to win it, especially after they came back from 3-0 down.

Fucking hell, I'd NEVER want to see another English team win it nowadays. I don't know whether that's because I am just older and bitter now or because back then, social media wasn't a thing and changing your views on fans and clubs.

Like you say, I was never once salty about Henry. Would call him a cunt etc. but you couldn't deny his brilliance. Probably the best footballer to ever play in the Premier League at his peak. Never once threw the "He's never once scored in a final" at him. Because it'd be stupid.

I think you can tell how good a person's football eye is based on their judgment of kane. He doesn't have electric pace like mbappe or look silly smooth like ndombele so people just dismiss him.

Every single striker that guy in the video brought up he says scores goals but Kanes gpg is better than any of them except lewandowski I think.

Watch Kane for 5 full matches and anyone with a brain can see how good he really is. Best player in England currently, I dont watch enough European football to comment on other players at the moment but he must he in the shout for best form in Europe at the moment.

I think you can tell how good a person's football eye is based on their judgment of kane. He doesn't have electric pace like mbappe or look silly smooth like ndombele so people just dismiss him.

Every single striker that guy in the video brought up he says scores goals but Kanes gpg is better than any of them except lewandowski I think.

Watch Kane for 5 full matches and anyone with a brain can see how good he really is. Best player in England currently, I dont watch enough European football to comment on other players at the moment but he must he in the shout for best form in Europe at the moment.

Lewandowski has been involved in 83 goals since the start of last season.

That's 68 goals and 15 assists in his last 59 games.

Scary numbers.

He's the only striker in world football that MAY just be better than Kane - but even then, I still don't think he's a better overall player. And even then he's 5 years older and playing in probably the best team in Europe.

Scary numbers.

He's the only striker in world football that MAY just be better than Kane - but even then, I still don't think he's a better overall player. And even then he's 5 years older and playing in probably the best team in Europe.
Lewandowski is the only striker who compares to Kane recently in my view. Amazing player. Who else is scoring as much and looks likely to continue? Halaand, again an amazing striker and no reason to think he won't continue at the rate he is going. Who else has proven as good or looks to continue, scoring at the same kind of rates as Kane? I'm not sure anyone else is at the moment. A couple of players have impressive numbers just below what these three are doing.

All these three have insane numbers that are hard to believe really. Kane the better all round footballer though, I think that is undeniable really, it's really only the top of the top of the top who can do what Kane is doing, it is so rare to be achieving these sorts of numbers of goals AND control games like he does. It's the sort of thing that turns you into the best player in the world frankly, if you can keep it up and win something over a long season.

Scary numbers.

He plays for the most dominant club of that period..... I'm not about to make the 'can he do it in stoke argument', but put him in pretty much any other team in a top league during that time and he won't score as many.

Much like Cundy's comment suggests, I think if you put a fully fit Kane in that BM side over the same period he'd put up similar numbers.

Last edited:
I but his selfish, goal-hungry style of play, the English number nine approach, has held him back.

What's that supposed to mean? Players play in the position and style their managers ask them to. Poch often played with two number 10s in Dele and Eriksen it made absolute sense for Kane to play as a traditional number 9 and he's brilliant at it. And he will play that way the bulk of times under Mourinho, such as against West Brom or Burnley - because the bulk of our games will be against bus parkers.

Where Mourinho will differ from Poch is adjusting tactics more often based on opponents, and you'll see Kane, as he has done, dropping deeper against better opponents. Hopefully this will yield more wins against the top sides, Poch's record against them was pretty average and there were many downright poor performance where he tried to go head to head with top teams and came off worse. The CL final for example. The mistake he made wasn't starting to Kane, it was starting both Dele and Eriksen instead of Lucas.

Kane is brilliant and he's OURS!

Lewandowski and Haaland are both exceptional players but neither play for us so I couldn't give a fuck.

As for United fans, I remember when some claimed Lukaku was better than Kane. Basically they haven't got a clue and/or are bitter that despite all the media links Kane plays for us and not them.

Long may that continue!

I think Carragher had subtly put the boot in, and Harry will now become a target for defenders and referees alike.
I really don't think its that deep. I thought it was a great peice by Carragher. As he said, it's all about body position and making the defender foul. Anyone who watches Kane, knows he is brilliant at winning free kicks. It's hardly a revelation for anyone doing 10 seconds research.

En1v4GaW8AEKICc

Back
Top Bottom