Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He just stays calm ,uses his body well and knows what's going on around him. Whereas Lucas goes head down ,full panic mode and has no idea of his surroundings.
Exactly what I mean, he doesn't have the fast twitch muscles, or the low CG to pirouette and shit, but he's been quite effective.

If Sissoko could do a bit of that it would help us so so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just me or anyone else noticed that he's become really good at dribbling the last year or so. Wriggling out of a Leeds press is no mean feat. Much better than Son or Lucas at that.
Oh, 100%. He still just has that really awkward-looking, gangly style that means he'll never fully get the respect he deserves as a dribbler (or even as a footballer to some extent).

I don't know if anyone noticed (the commentary team were talking some bollocks at the time so didn't seem to notice either) that Kane took the ball through about four Leeds players along the left touchline at one point, moving it almost half the length of the pitch. That was pure strength, willpower and hold-up skill. Unfortunately, there were no obvious passing options available and he was running out of room so he did eventually get dispossessed but if there had been one of his excellent crosses on the end, the move as a whole would've been spunked over for sure.

I don't know if anyone noticed (the commentary team were talking some bollocks at the time so didn't seem to notice either) that Kane took the ball through about four Leeds players along the left touchline at one point, moving it almost half the length of the pitch. That was pure strength, willpower and hold-up skill.

That run you mention is in the clip above.
Sublime.

A goal and an assist yet some think he had a bad game today. Shows the high standard Kane has set for himself.
Kane has always had the problem of not looking as good as he is. He had an average game by his standards, but his average is a very good game for most strikers.

What Bamford would give to be able to play like Kane did today.

Oh, 100%. He still just has that really awkward-looking, gangly style that means he'll never fully get the respect he deserves as a dribbler (or even as a footballer to some extent).

I don't know if anyone noticed (the commentary team were talking some bollocks at the time so didn't seem to notice either) that Kane took the ball through about four Leeds players along the left touchline at one point, moving it almost half the length of the pitch. That was pure strength, willpower and hold-up skill. Unfortunately, there were no obvious passing options available and he was running out of room so he did eventually get dispossessed but if there had been one of his excellent crosses on the end, the move as a whole would've been spunked over for sure.
The problem is he’s sandwiched between Son and Ndombele who are both YouTube highlights waiting to happen.

I almost feel guilty that we might get to keep the world's best striker for his entire career even though we can't seem to win a trophy. What a incredible situation.

It would really show that he's a fan, he's really one of us.

I almost feel guilty that we might get to keep the world's best striker for his entire career even though we can't seem to win a trophy. What a incredible situation.

I watched the “All in one” documentary last night for the first time, I’m only half way through.
But in one of the episodes he mentions how a footballers career is very short. I suspect he will be weighing up his options very soon.

No way he is going to stay if we don't manage to get any trophies this or next season. Loyalty has to pay off.. i would feel sorry for him if he waste his career and talent like that. Reminds me somehow of Totti who stayed loyal to Roma his entire career and at the end he regret to reject Real Madrids offer.

No way he is going to stay if we don't manage to get any trophies this or next season. Loyalty has to pay off.. i would feel sorry for him if he waste his career and talent like that. Reminds me somehow of Totti who stayed loyal to Roma his entire career and at the end he regret to reject Real Madrids offer.

Kane would be lucky to end up with Totti's trophy cabinet.

Back
Top Bottom