Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

sammyspurs sammyspurs Would you say Kane is the second best striker in the world right now after Lewandowski?
Kane is one of the best strikers in the world per se, but I don’t judge world class in just current players, I judge it on all time players and for me Kane falls short.

Ive said the reasons about 40 times, and people don’t like it, but here goes again because no one reads. All they read is “Kane is shit”

As I said, I compare him to the likes of Van Nistleroy, Ronaldo 1, Kluivert, Henry (spit) or Dimi and I think he falls short of them in a number of areas.
You can chuck numbers at me as much as you like, I never said Kane wasn’t a good player.

I think he’s too inconsistent over a season, despite bulking the stats while in form and having the ability to score when off it

I don’t think he influences the game when the team is poor and only thrives when it’s flying

He has never stood out and helped us turn the corner in a must win/crunch match

That’s it

At the age of 28 Drogba scored 16 goals in 41 games in the season, imagine if Harry got those numbers LOL. Granted Drogba was a big game player in some matches, but I think other than that he was vastly overrated, managed 20+ league goals in just 2 seasons in his whole career. Look at the stats, Harry 159 goals in 235 PL games, Drogba 104 in 254.
Agree but like Kane, he was still an integral team player even when not scoring goals

So bored you keep replying?
This thread is nothing without me but a bunch of Twitter stats lauding a season tally with 99% of goals scored against Farmers and relegation fodder......they all count, but come on, look at the teams.
How can we turn a corner if we have a world class striker who can’t do it against the big boys in a season he’s declared better than ever.
He used to score shit loads against top 6.....proper top 6, not West Ham.

Minor details? Like the status of our striker?
I’ve never seen so many people I assumed are grown men who can’t have an objective discussion about a footballer on a football forum
We beat Man City, he contributed a lot and got an assist.

We were shit in the 2nd match against City, the whole team.

Scored 2 against United and got an assist. Last time i checked they were top 6.

He played 1 of the matches against Chelsea, it was a shit game, nobody scored.

Do we include the Arse as top 6 anymore? He scored and assisted against them.

Missed a sitter against Liverpool (dont say that often). Injured early on in the 2nd match.

Some of the unbelievable goals that he has scored would have gone in against any keeper/team in the world.

Kane is one of the best strikers in the world per se, but I don’t judge world class in just current players, I judge it on all time players and for me Kane falls short.

Ive said the reasons about 40 times, and people don’t like it, but here goes again because no one reads. All they read is “Kane is shit”

As I said, I compare him to the likes of Van Nistleroy, Ronaldo 1, Kluivert, Henry (spit) or Dimi and I think he falls short of them in a number of areas.
You can chuck numbers at me as much as you like, I never said Kane wasn’t a good player.

I think he’s too inconsistent over a season, despite bulking the stats while in form and having the ability to score when off it

I don’t think he influences the game when the team is poor and only thrives when it’s flying

That’s it

100%.

Very good post.

And that"s not including the Van Bastens and Henry's or Suarez's. of this world.

Then you have fat Ronaldo level. Another stratosphere again.

We beat Man City, he contributed a lot and got an assist.

We were shit in the 2nd match against City, the whole team.

Scored 2 against United and got an assist. Last time i checked they were top 6.

He played 1 of the matches against Chelsea, it was a shit game, nobody scored.

Do we include the Arse as top 6 anymore? He scored and assisted against them.

Missed a sitter against Liverpool (dont say that often). Injured early on in the 2nd match.

Some of the unbelievable goals that he has scored would have gone in against any keeper/team in the world.
Why are you dressing it up? Why can’t it be what it is.

You want to include arse as top 6 fine....then I’ll take out West Ham and make it 3 goals v top 6 as opposed to 4

Last edited:
I think Kane's 'inconsistency' is mostly to do with how the rest of our team is functioning. And some opposition teams are better at negating his strengths than others. His 'bad' games are often when he can't get much of the ball in his favourite areas, so he looks either stranded up front, or drops deeper and deeper where he can't affect the attack so much.

I think he benefits from having attacking width in the team, as it helps create space in the middle to do his stuff - Bale and Reguilón are now giving us some of that.

That’s it

Nobody cares what you think. Nobody respects you. Your opinions are worthless. You have no idea what a good footballer is or isn't. We just want you stop spamming this thread with your tedious nonsense. You're a bore.

But....he was never poor all of a sudden I heard.
So these improved performances didn’t happen, it was the same level as Leicester and West Ham right?

Oh no that’s right, he was poor.
And now he’s playing better

Just what I wanted
True he had a few poor games this year where his finishing wasn't as good as it usually is but now he seems back to his best.

Then you have fat Ronaldo level. Another stratosphere again.
TFC reckons he wouldn’t get a game for us though as we have the best striker in history
Drogba wouldn’t make our bench either, no need.

Some of these same people would just love Anthony Marshall and Phil Foden in the side though

:dempsey:

Last edited:
It's unbelievable that some people still doubt Harry Kane as an elite player, even some Tottenham "fans" it seems.

He's right up there with Lewandowski. His record suggests that. Let's not forget that Lewandowski plays in an entertaining but poor league, and has played for a fantastic Dortmund side (at the time) and then Bayern Munich. Put Dwight Gayle in those two teams and he would score 20+ goals a season.

While I won't try to argue against anyone who say's that Lewandowski is the best striker of his kind in world football, he's sensational, I also think as an overall player, Kane is better. He has better hold up play, far better passing ability, can play in two or three positions.... I can only think that if his name ended "dinho", and/or he wasn't English (there seems to be this weird thing where if someone is English they are over-rated and over-hyped, like England are the only country to hype young players who don't reach their full potential) then nobody would try to argue otherwise that he's currently up there with the best players in the world, just as long as he's fit.

I see a champo to mid table player there to be honest
So this is where your weird agenda stems from. The fact that all those years ago you said something silly, and you weren't alone to be fair, and Harry Kane has gone on to make you look like a right helmet.

You're probably one of those strange Asian people that only supports Spurs because of Son, and you're salty because Kane is our best player, despite Son being world-class.

Back
Top Bottom