Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

stevee stevee
You can laugh all you want, but it’s better to answer.
Are you now going to say you never truly rated any of those players at their absolute best under Poch, just to try and claim Kane’s low conversion rate is all their fault?

No chance.
Son, Dembele and Wanyama, maybe.
Dembele, fantastic player, but never a provider. Same as Wanyama, which only leaves Son.
Did you not see this post?

When Harry hit 30 PL goals in 17/18 he took 184 shots to get there.
That’s 16% conversion rate at our peak under Poch with Eriksen and Son playing well.
We finished 3rd with and scored the 3rd highest amount.

Did we not create? Is that why Kane’s conversion rate was 16%

Are you saying that scoring the 3rd highest in the PL suggests we didn’t create enough for Kane?

Or do you think that if Phil Foden passes to him, rather than Eriksen, he has more chance of scoring

So everyone can praise Levy then.....let’s hear it people!
Real, Utd, Barca, Bayern, City, Juve all came battering down the door and Levy said no, for the good of the club.

He must be the hero chairman you all wanted.
Suddenly he’s paying Kane more than any of the big clubs could. Proper chairman.

Depends what you mean by good enough. Good enough for his price, well they clearly deemed he isn’t, in your scenario.

He’s on what? 200k here. Aaron Ramsey is on 400k. You think all these clubs would have refused to pay 200M if a prime Maradona was languishing at Spurs?

Because trust me, that’s the level some of you are talking about Harry.

sammy why do you bother supporting spurs mate? Let’s really talk about this mate...you absolutely slaughter all our top players every time. I remember the vendetta against eriksen too. If they cause you this much misery why do you bother?

Being just below world class doesn’t cause me misery, it just is what it is.

I slaughtered Eriksen and Dele long before it became trendy, because they stopped giving a shit.....then you all joined in later. Well done for seeing it years after me.

The question is why do YOU support Spurs.
You back one player out of an entire football club.

What do you get from that? Where will you go if he leaves?

Too many of of started to hate this club when you became Poch FC fans, and it now you have one man standing, until the summer.
Then what? I’ll be here, TTID

stevee stevee
You can laugh all you want, but it’s better to answer.
Are you now going to say you never truly rated any of those players at their absolute best under Poch, just to try and claim Kane’s low conversion rate is all their fault?
Out of all those players you mentioned who were providing quality chances for Harry, how many times were they all on the pitch at the same time?

Dembele, never provided assists.
Wanyama, the same
Dele had 2 good years.
Eriksen, publicly and repeatedly refused to sign a new contract, and still City didn't want him.
Son, I'll give you.

Harry has one of the highest shot percentages of shots from outside the penalty area. Because we are often chasing a draw or a win.
If he were in a team that provides better quality chances and were not chasing a game to try and get a result, he wouldn't have to resort to trying pot shots.

I keep mentioning it, but you fail to address it, and then say that others aren't debating.
Well, let's debate this point. As you say "it's better to answer"

Oh my god he owned San Marino and won a golden boot at the World Cup with 4 penalties and a deflection while falling over.

Shame about the one on one against Croatia though when it really mattered
While i disagree with you on everything you say about Kane, that golden boot was really not that great of an achievement. He scored 2 headers vs Tunisia(or was it morocco), 1 goal went in off his butt and 3 of them pens. It would be an insult to Kane to call it an achivement. Hes far better than that obviously.

Out of all those players you mentioned who were providing quality chances for Harry, how many times were they all on the pitch at the same time?

Dembele, never provided assists.
Wanyama, the same
Dele had 2 good years.
Eriksen, publicly and repeatedly refused to sign a new contract, and still City didn't want him.
Son, I'll give you.

Harry has one of the highest shot percentages of shots from outside the penalty area. Because we are often chasing a draw or a win.
If he were in a team that provides better quality chances and were not chasing a game to try and get a result, he wouldn't have to resort to trying pot shots.

I keep mentioning it, but you fail to address it, and then say that others aren't debating.
Well, let's debate this point. As you say "it's better to answer"

So we didn’t create enough in 2017/18?
Despite Kane taking 184 shots himself

While i disagree with you on everything you say about Kane, that golden boot was really not that great of an achievement. He scored 2 headers vs Tunisia(or was it morocco), 1 goal went in off his butt and 3 of them pens. It would be an insult to Kane to call it an achivement. Hes far better than that obviously.
So you detest Kane and think he’s shit

sammy why do you bother supporting spurs mate? Let’s really talk about this mate...you absolutely slaughter all our top players every time. I remember the vendetta against eriksen too. If they cause you this much misery why do you bother?

I don't think he is a Spurs fan anymore. I don't think he's much of anything anymore. I think this forum is probably all he has left in life. And the aim of it for him is not to talk about Spurs but to try and stay relevant in some way. And slagging off Kane all day every day is his way of doing that. I think it would be far better if a Sammy thread was created where he could post away all day and other posters could check up on his well being occasionally and perhaps alert the police if he stops posting. I fear he could be one of those unfortunate people that die and no one notices for years.

So stevee stevee
Any chance of you responding to my often repeated point?

"Its better to answer" than deflect
But you’re not answering at all
You are trying to claim Kane didnt have the supply in 17/18

Here’s how we compared with City who walked the title
Shots
Spurs 623
City 665

On target
Spurs 216
City 265

Pass accuracy
Spurs 84%
City 89%

Crosses
Spurs 825
City 691

Cross accuracy
21%
20%

Big chances created
Spurs 76
City 95

Kane missed 18 of those big chances that season by the way

Do you stand by the fake mantra that his shot conversion was everyone else’s fault?

Back
Top Bottom