Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Love the lad. True professional to the end. Jose could learn something from him!
He's also not stupid.

Jose will go back to Sky as a pundit, he'll "not talk about spurs" then go on to talk about Spurs. He'll big up Kane (why not any manager will) but he'll muscle in on Kane's management team, his brother, with his skilled super-agent Mendes who'll recognise he's there for the taking, he'll eat his brother alive, he'll smell blood (I would). All will be done in plain sight of his brother, even making it look like his brother is in control, whilst he'll be pulling the strings.

Multi-million kickbacks, keep a look out.

Last edited:
Players have a lot of power, none more so than Harry. Would love to see him have the courage when asked to speak out against this and say he'd never represent Spurs in this utter abomination. Would hold immense weight and kill this fucking thing.

Hmmmm....

What player of any standing has said anything in any country that you have seen so far?
They haven't had a mic shoved in their face yet. Milner and Bamford were honest yesterday for starters. No way most footballers like this idea and they need to speak up.

Only way bullies get away with shit when people stand back and do nothing, players included.

Milner was captain last night I believe.
Milner is also at the perfect age to say something like this without it affecting his career much.

Doesn't take away from him going out against it but it is a factor. Milner could retire at the end of the season and have no regrets.

I've been sitting here grinding my teeth while reading through the long comments sections of both a Guardian and DM article about Kane/Spurs in which the majority consensus seemed to be that Kane isn't good enough for RM/Barca/some other elite teams, isn't world class, doesn't deserve to be in the running for PL POTS this year, and just generally isn't that good. This is what I'm talking about when I say that Spurs fans tend to overestimate how his legacy will be looked upon if he maintains this status quo. It turns out people don't really care about a player's extenuating circumstances, like having to play with a significantly weaker team. You're expected to put up the same weekly highlight reel as any other player, regardless of who you're playing for or against.
Whilst I do agree that fans overestimate the esteem their best players are held in by others, I think once he retires with all the goal records everyone will switch to begrudgingly praising what a talent he was, whilst opining that he totally wasted it, just as everyone did with Shearer.

I've been sitting here grinding my teeth while reading through the long comments sections of both a Guardian and DM article about Kane/Spurs in which the majority consensus seemed to be that Kane isn't good enough for RM/Barca/some other elite teams, isn't world class, doesn't deserve to be in the running for PL POTS this year, and just generally isn't that good. This is what I'm talking about when I say that Spurs fans tend to overestimate how his legacy will be looked upon if he maintains this status quo. It turns out people don't really care about a player's extenuating circumstances, like having to play with a significantly weaker team. You're expected to put up the same weekly highlight reel as any other player, regardless of who you're playing for or against.
And what about those of us who don't fucking give a shit what those people think, and aren't interested in trolling competitive message boards and journal comments for opposing fans opinions about Kane?

Seriously, what are you even doing?

You are getting upset about nothing. Who gives a fuck what opposition fans think. And why go looking for that shite

You are getting upset about nothing. Who gives a fuck what opposition fans think. And why go looking for that shite
Harry still has a great chance of overhauling Shearer's record. When/if that happens, every time someone says Harry Kane was overrated we'll be able to point to that record and laugh them out of the fucking room.

Who cares? I watch Kane every week and I know exactly what he brings.

Hmmmm....

What player of any standing has said anything in any country that you have seen so far?
Problems with this idea:

1. They don't have exclusive control of their social media accounts. They would either have to use a separate account or risk losing access to their main account altogether.
2. Harry has stated he wants to kick in the NFL when he retires (we know he can score from his own half, so that's realistic aim) and he's not going to shit on the US interests if it means giving up on that.
3. He's an employee of the club and it's going to take a while to consider the ramifications of breaking ranks.
4. If, like everyone else, he's only just found out about this, he's probably making sure of things before committing to a course of action.

Reading match reports on news sites isn't exactly opposing fan territory IMO. But since I'm a club neutral, I'm obviously interested in what people are saying across the league anyway. It's also why I care more than Spurs supporters do about Kane's legacy among the wider set of all football fans.

Can't you just let me be angry at some dumb bullshit??

Back
Top Bottom