Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m going to hold my hands up here and admit that I don’t think Kane had his best season for us performance wise despite the stats. It just reiterates to me that form is temporary and class is permanent.
Kane has more class in his little toe than the rest of the squad combined and if he can bang in those numbers for us even when in poor form imagine what sort of figures he’d be getting at somewhere like City where he’s surrounded by talent.
As much as I really don’t want him to leave I can completely understand him wanting to.

More class in his little toe then most of the players in our squad combined.. yes. But not all of squad.. that is massively underating how good Lloris and Son are for example.

Harry Kane not getting PFA after winning Golden Boot and Golden Assist shows those two accolades mean nothing to the PFA, the Premier League (who gave it to Ruben (who?) Dias) and the Professional Writers.

It proves my view that Spurs are the most cheated team in the history of football that all the authorities and the media are against this talisman, England captain and icon just because he wears a Tottenham shirt.

Do you think in Spain they would award an English defender above their own top goalscoring striker if he was Spanish?? So why do the English not support their own countrymen???

It really feels like Kane is getting robbed here of the Player of the Season accolades.

Winning the golden boot and assist award in a year where we were utterly shit at times and sacked our manager before the end of the season? It puts him ahead of the rest, in my opinion.

If we were a decent team, Kane would have won.
That's a good point but surely Harry's goals and assists should count for more as our overall team performance was below par?
I can't remember what Spurs did the year Scotty Parker won the award but no way was he the best player in the EPL.
But it's not just the journos-our own fans routinely don't vote Harry as MOTM when he scores a couple or has a good game.

Back
Top Bottom