Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Committing to the rebuild sounds good until you realise Levy is in charge....

24026438-7942215-image-a-8_1580294147341.jpg

The frustrating thing is with the people we have in charge there is no good outcome to this.

Most likely scenario in my view is that he stays because Levy refuses to sell him and/or we don't get a good enough offer. That means we have an unhappy Kane playing for a shitty manager which doesn't sound great at all.

If we do sell Kane we are stuck with a cheap owner and moron for a DOF so the chances that we spend the money are low and zero that we spend money well. Even if Levy gave Paratici the full fee to spend on the squad there is no reason to think he would spend it well and there is almost zero percent chance Levy gives him close to all the money to spend anyways.

As usual with Spurs lately it is a lose-lose situation with no upside.
Paratici’s time as the Levy rather than the Hitchen at Juventus definitely involved some hare-brained schemes that are worrying, but I think in general this is really unfair to him.

At Sampdoria and Juve he’s generally done quite well as a talent spotter and dealmaker.

One hopes he’s figured out why paying out the money you save in a transfer fee to an older, injury prone player in wages is a dumb idea. And he won’t have to do any of the FFP scammy stuff here. “Moron” is totally inaccurate IMO.

Thing is if we get offered £150-200m for Kane (and that is what Levy would most likely demand as it’s a 3 year deal) in this market we could rob ably buy a buck load of good players but you just don’t trust the club to use the money wisely.

Paratici’s time as the Levy rather than the Hitchen at Juventus definitely involved some hare-brained schemes that are worrying, but I think in general this is really unfair to him.

At Sampdoria and Juve he’s generally done quite well as a talent spotter and dealmaker.

One hopes he’s figured out why paying out the money you save in a transfer fee to an older, injury prone player in wages is a dumb idea. And he won’t have to do any of the FFP scammy stuff here. “Moron” is totally inaccurate IMO.

You obviously have more faith in him than I do. My concern is that his mistakes at Juve are much more manageable there than they are here.

If we miss on guys like Rabiot and Ramsey, Levy isn't just going to pass it off and let him keep going, he won't get second chances to keep bringing guys in and Levy will just clamp down on the transfer budget.

I guess we'll see how much of the plan at Juve was run by Marotta and Paratici was just doing his bidding, but as you say the two years that he was in charge and Marotta was gone is very concerning, as is the success Marotta had over those same two years.

You obviously have more faith in him than I do. My concern is that his mistakes at Juve are much more manageable there than they are here.

If we miss on guys like Rabiot and Ramsey, Levy isn't just going to pass it off and let him keep going, he won't get second chances to keep bringing guys in and Levy will just clamp down on the transfer budget.

I guess we'll see how much of the plan at Juve was run by Marotta and Paratici was just doing his bidding, but as you say the two years that he was in charge and Marotta was gone is very concerning, as is the success Marotta had over those same two years.
What worries me about Paratici is that he and Levy seem to share the idea that through loopholes and weird deal structures they can outsmart the fundamentals of the transfer market and take advantage of others weakened bargaining position.

I feel like in some sense Levy sees a kindred spirit in Hitchen because he hates the media glitz and player power of modern football, but he sees an even closer kindred spirit in Paratici as a schemer.

Neither are the kind of values you want to base your project in, but at least Paratici has a history of finding value where others can’t see it.

What worries me about Paratici is that he and Levy seem to share the idea that through loopholes and weird deal structures they can outsmart the fundamentals of the transfer market and take advantage of others weakened bargaining position.
Levy has been doing it and failing miserably for 20 years now

It’s all about #1 getting the right offer for him and #2 having a well-designed plan for re-arranging the side without him.

And if there’s a cash-plus-player element to it the two things mix.
No it is all about keeping him and the club showing ambition and signing players that are big upgrade on what we have now.

Yeah, and this England team needs a different Harry Kane than Spurs.

He has no reason to drop back into this midfield, he needs to be pressuring the opposing backline as a proper center forward and looking to link up with Sterling and Foden.
Gary needs to have a word; that's all....

HOWEVER:

It's laughable; the rumble now is that England need a different striker cos Harry can't play like a trad. CF........

First he was a "tap in merchant", then "a penalty merchant".... Now his ability to play like a false 9 is a hindrance....

BreakableDeliciousCapybara-size_restricted.gif

Fucking jokers!

Back
Top Bottom