Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Only way selling Kane becomes acceptable is if we get 160/170 mil for him and we completely invest every penny of it in improving the 1st 11. I don’t want us selling Kane, then signing say Vlahovic and that’s it. What the fuck good does that do? It’s just replacing an inferior player for Kane. What is acceptable is buying Vlahovic, Ings and say Damsgard with the Kane money. Invested that money with 3 quality players and still have some change to add to the transfer kitty.

Last I checked, Shitty hadn’t met our valuation so…

True but there seems to be too much smoke. FFP has been relaxed for Covid and they have infinite money and desperately need a top draw ready to fly striker so I wouldn’t be surprised if they do.

Anyone with half a brain can see if you are willing to throw £100m at Grealish and want Kane then Kane is going to be a lot more money. They must know that.

Be like me buying a top of the range Land Rover for £170k then being shocked when asking for a Ferrari and being told it’s £300k and demanding that it should be the same price as the Land Rover. You can’t be that dumb.

Last edited:
If however we sell Kane and get just Ings and leave it at that we will send a signal that this club has zero ambition other than to exist.
This definitely won't happen.
Athletic already reported that we've enquired for Lautaro Martinez as a contingency for Kane leaving. He's £60m minimum.

If we sold Kane for £180m say and we got say Damsgaard £40m, Ings £35m, Vlahovic £50m, Lacroix £30m and possibly Kessie even on top of Bryan Gil, Romero and Tomiyasu we would complete our rebuild and show to fans that while Kane is gone the club is ready to improve.
Not sure about Damsgaard as he's been mediocre in Serie A despite a great Euros.
Ings for that price would be a bit of a rip off given he has one year left on his contract, is 29, and injury prone. Kessie is about to sign a new contract with Milan.

But I agree with your general idea, Kane leaving for £150M would give us a great opportunity to rebuild. This season is quite unique in that many European clubs are in financial difficulty, so we have leverage in negotiations.

This definitely won't happen.
Athletic already reported that we've enquired for Lautaro Martinez as a contingency for Kane leaving. He's £60m minimum.

Not sure about Damsgaard as he's been mediocre in Serie A despite a great Euros.
Ings for that price would be a bit of a rip off given he has one year left on his contract, is 29, and injury prone. Kessie is about to sign a new contract with Milan.

But I agree with your general idea, Kane leaving for £150M would give us a great opportunity to rebuild. This season is quite unique in that many European clubs are in financial difficulty, so we have leverage in negotiations.

well we need 1 striker even without Kane so 2 if Kane leaves.

so difficult for us to find and sign players that will hit the ground running and with the season on top of us i hope the situation with harry does not get ugly .I have little faith that we will get in all the upgrades that is so badly needed hopefully am wrong on that of course .

This is why we don’t win things because clubs with greater money/resources can fix their squads without selling their best players unless they are Liverpool who know how to spend money well and that’s the point
I think we also underestimate the basic element of luck in transfers.

Say we sell Kane and buy Vlahovic. No one really knows how it will pan out - he looks to have what's necessary; strong, fast, hammer of a finish. He could hit the ground running or, as is sadly more likely, struggle to make an impact. Like Jovic at RM.

Talking of which, maybe he'd be worth a punt?

Reading this and twitter you'd think Kane has left.

Hello. He still has 3yrs left on his contract and no one has made any sort of suitable offer for him.

The negativity surrounding this is incredible. Club are adamant to keep him and quite rightly. Tottenham still holds a special place in Kane's heart and as England captain it'd be very hard to sort of 'go on strike' if he doesn't get his move. He probably does want to leave -> Even though he hasn't actually come out and said that.

Now let's just wait and see but everything atm is very hypothetical and VERY NEGATIVE when it doesn't necessarily need to be.

Yes we hear what your saying Kane don’t show up in the big games but how do we reach the big games that’s mostly on the goal scoring from Harry Kane and you can only pick only a hand full of players that can do what Harry does.
The Harry doesn't score in big games narrative is funny to me, because it's not like he goes into those games and misses a bunch of chances or is constantly giving the ball away. He, just like the rest of our team, have historically been poor in finals. It's not a Harry thing, it's a Tottenham thing.

Think the club know that they are on to a winner here because 200m would help fill the coffers after covid.
The club won't reinvest all that back into the squad so from their angle they are laughing.

We took out a long term bond to subsidise those losses.

We spent the Bale money.

We spent our CL final windfall.

We spent the Walker money.

We'll spend this money too if it comes.

Know your club; stop cooking up false reasons to moan.

They may do that but that would be about the worst thing the club could do.

If we sold Kane for £180m say and we got say Damsgaard £40m, Ings £35m, Vlahovic £50m, Lacroix £30m and possibly Kessie even on top of Bryan Gil, Romero and Tomiyasu we would complete our rebuild and show to fans that while Kane is gone the club is ready to improve.

If however we sell Kane and get just Ings and leave it at that we will send a signal that this club has zero ambition other than to exist.

I can accept selling Kane for the right price, I can’t accept not using that as an opportunity to fix every part of the squad.

History tells us there's no reason to think we won't spend it.

Love Kane but love Spurs more. If he is to leave it needs to be on OUR terms. Pay up or go home.

The real issue here isn’t Kane’s mentality or our own problems but the financial doping ruining the game. Wrote it earlier but if Kane and Grealish go to Abu Dhabi FC for the sums quoted it leaves a bad taste.
Never red

sorry pal. It’s just a bit grim on the nice white and blue forum

They may do that but that would be about the worst thing the club could do.

I can accept selling Kane for the right price, I can’t accept not using that as an opportunity to fix every part of the squad.
That's it, we can use a Kane sale to become a better team, but selling for anything less than 150m would be unnacceptable given his contract length and the nature of the club we're selling him to.

I obviously never wanted to see the day we sold Kane but it's inevitable now. Anyone still denying that is just denying to see the truth, which I understand it's a shitty feeling. But the fact that Kane has not said anything about staying speaks volumes, as did his last interview.

We need to be realistic, City will win the league easily the next 2/3 years if they sign Kane and Grealish. Only competition could be Liverpool one more season or Chelsea if they land Haaland but nobody else has the money to compete right now. It sucks City can ruin the league but that's what oil money does.

Our best future looks like selling Kane for £150m+, selling Sanchez, Winks, Aurier and Dier. Reinvesting the money this season on players with talent and potential all under 27 years old and try winning other silverware while getting into the top four.

Once Pep is gone, we will hopefully have a strong core that have played together a few years and ready to go at the title.

Look at Woolwich, as much as I take to say it. They are stocking with younger players and looking to build. We need to do the same.

Just a thought are there any fans that do not want to win a trophy? So if Kane believes he cannot win a trophy then why should the fans not believe him and transfer their allegiance to MC as well? Then the ground would be empty. Clearly that is not happening and why is it different for Kane than the fans which I thought included him and his family. Will the family stop supporting Spurs and are they going up to Manchester with him?

Just a thought are there any fans that do not want to win a trophy? So if Kane believes he cannot win a trophy then why should the fans not believe him and transfer their allegiance to MC as well? Then the ground would be empty. Clearly that is not happening and why is it different for Kane than the fans which I thought included him and his family. Will the family stop supporting Spurs and are they going up to Manchester with him?
Fans should support teams that only win/expect to win trophies ?

is that the rhetoric there ?

It's simple really. If Kane wants to join Oil Money FC so he can win things, he needs to understand that literally the only reason they 'win' anything is because they have infinite funds.

Therefore if he wants to join them they will have to pay a king's ransom.

Back
Top Bottom