Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's playing like he has all the worries in the world...haven't seen any darting runs, moving into space, clever passes or shots for a while now.
However.. I couldn't tell what position Sterling,Grealish, Fodon or Mount were playing in.
It looked so disorganised.

He's playing like he has all the worries in the world...haven't seen any darting runs, moving into space, clever passes or shots for a while now.
However.. I couldn't tell what position Sterling,Grealish, Fodon or Mount were playing in.
The whole team was awful last night, but it's hard to provide service to Kane when he's always out of position or on the left wing.

His performance today is more or less who he is. He plays like this virtually every game but when he scores a penalty or tap in, he's suddenly world class.

Had he scored a penalty or tap in today and did nothing else, the narrative in the media would have been "that's who Kane is... he just needs that one chance...he's absolutely world class."

I'm not trying to be harsh but I honestly don't know what Kane's actually good/elite at at this point in his career other than being clever at times and being at the right place at the right time.

Look, he’s playing awful this season and clearly something is up, but don’t let your agenda get in the way of that mate. It’s easy for you and Sammy to jump all over this when he’s playing crap screaming “we were right all along”. You both are completely wrong. Prior to this season, Harry Kane has been world class, it’s as simple as that. Has he been perfect in every game ? Of course not. But, to sit there and tell us he’s only been a tap in merchant and there at the right time in all his years at Spurs is complete bullshit. You both clearly just don’t like the guy and won’t admit it. Kane has been an exceptional player for Spurs and he most definitely isn’t a tap in merchant.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

The difference is that the broken clock doesn't post interminable commentary 50 times a day and then acts all smug because it was right - as if the other 1438 minutes that it was wrong don't count

Look, he’s playing awful this season and clearly something is up, but don’t let your agenda get in the way of that mate. It’s easy for you and Sammy to jump all over this when he’s playing crap screaming “we were right all along”. You both are completely wrong. Prior to this season, Harry Kane has been world class, it’s as simple as that. Has he been perfect in every game ? Of course not. But, to sit there and tell us he’s only been a tap in merchant and there at the right time in all his years at Spurs is complete bullshit. You both clearly just don’t like the guy and won’t admit it. Kane has been an exceptional player for Spurs and he most definitely isn’t a tap in merchant.

I don't think Kane has ever been World class.

Very good for much of that time but World class is a level he certainly has not reached.

Being the top PL scorer is not evidence in my opinion.

Right now he is fortunate there is not a day and light English striker that is better or anyone who can usurp his club position.

It's coming though if his lack of form continues.

Go back a few years and Harry would have been knocking those Hungary defenders all over the place. I remember a goal he scored against Dortmund some years back where he left a Dortmund player on his arse as he was too strong for him. We never see that from him anymore.

I don't think Kane has ever been World class.

Very good for much of that time but World class is a level he certainly has not reached.

Being the top PL scorer is not evidence in my opinion.

Right now he is fortunate there is not a day and light English striker that is better or anyone who can usurp his club position.

It's coming though if his lack of form continues.

Oh, come on. He's definitely been world-class for fuck sake.

"Very good" is Danny Ings.

Mount always looks completely lost in an England shirt in-particular. I can't remember the last time he actually had a good game in either a Chelsea or England shirt. May need a bit of a break as he has played tons of football for a guy of his age.

Strikers go through highs and lows and patches of bad form. Kane has always had those during the season when coming back from injury and August but this is quite a lengthy one.

Gary clearly doesn’t know how to utilise him, and I’m not sure Nuno has the gravitas to tell Kane what to do (and for Kane to believe him). Jose knew how to use him, as did Poch for the most part, but footballers aren’t renowned for their great intelligence and tactical nouse - it will take a good coach to get the best from him and I’m not sure he has access to one at the moment. I think it was Shearer who said about a time Bobby R just told him to face forwards rather than wait to receive the ball, which revived his form - but that’s Robson, not Nuno so I know which one I’d trust more with my career.

However, could also be team-building despite Kane as he clearly has one foot out the door…

England form is down to being surround by City players who are waiting for De Bruyne to organise them and don’t know how to pass to a CF as they don’t have one.

Strikers go through highs and lows and patches of bad form. Kane has always had those during the season when coming back from injury and August but this is quite a lengthy one.

Gary clearly doesn’t know how to utilise him, and I’m not sure Nuno has the gravitas to tell Kane what to do (and for Kane to believe him). Jose knew how to use him, as did Poch for the most part, but footballers aren’t renowned for their great intelligence and tactical nouse - it will take a good coach to get the best from him and I’m not sure he has access to one at the moment. I think it was Shearer who said about a time Bobby R just told him to face forwards rather than wait to receive the ball, which revived his form - but that’s Robson, not Nuno so I know which one is believe.

However, could also be team-building despite Kane as he clearly has one foot out the door…

England form is down to being surround by City players who are waiting for De Bruyne to organise them and don’t know how to pass to a CF as they don’t have one.

Some interesting points, but there's no getting away from the fact that Kane's movement is dog shit and has been for a fair while now. Doesn't matter if we have 3 De Bruyne's in the side if he's not trying to get away from defenders and also doesn't want to win battles with them.

Peak Kane would have put the Hungary centre-backs in the stands with their supporters.

They are the same person, mate

He has definitely been world class. He used to bang in hat tricks for fun. I think rushing back from serious injuries are now beginning to catch up with him and effecting his mobility. He's also not putting in the same effort as he used to that is undeniable. I think that fire in his belly and hunger is seriously waning at this point. Needs to lose that feeling of thinking he is undroppable by being dropped by spurs and England.

It's almost like Kane started off this season knowing his best chance to win things had passed when he didn't get the transfer to City. Almost like he knew Spurs and England had blown any chances and his last chance relied on getting a transfer.

I'm sure everyone knows but I wouldn't trust anything Airfixx Airfixx says. I honestly think he's a social media/PR manager for ENIC.

Relax tedious child......

Evidently he did more than one interview.... I stand corrected. It wouldn't be the first time some twitter/media mob stirred the pot would it? No TFC conspiracy required.

As for my integrity; it's you that was LYING about why they were binned just the other day.

....And you really ought to come up with your own memes. Stealing tired cliches from burned out trolls really is a sad sad look.

Last edited:
It's almost like Kane started off this season knowing his best chance to win things had passed when he didn't get the transfer to City. Almost like he knew Spurs and England had blown any chances and his last chance relied on getting a transfer.
Kane has had chances to win things with us and England. And failed. There's a constant there, which probably starts with his own mentality. How he is "performing" currently is evidence of that.

Back
Top Bottom