Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They are the same person, mate
It must really sting that I’m far from the only one these days

But the likes of you will never come around, that’s why when Kane fluffs one on ones, it’s because he was out wide ten minutes earlier, or Jose played him deep or Moura was shit, or Sterling is champo etc

Strikers go through highs and lows and patches of bad form. Kane has always had those during the season when coming back from injury and August but this is quite a lengthy one.

Gary clearly doesn’t know how to utilise him, and I’m not sure Nuno has the gravitas to tell Kane what to do (and for Kane to believe him). Jose knew how to use him, as did Poch for the most part, but footballers aren’t renowned for their great intelligence and tactical nouse - it will take a good coach to get the best from him and I’m not sure he has access to one at the moment. I think it was Shearer who said about a time Bobby R just told him to face forwards rather than wait to receive the ball, which revived his form - but that’s Robson, not Nuno so I know which one I’d trust more with my career.

However, could also be team-building despite Kane as he clearly has one foot out the door…

England form is down to being surround by City players who are waiting for De Bruyne to organise them and don’t know how to pass to a CF as they don’t have one.
I definitely think that Kane doesn't respect or listen to Nuno. Obviously he respects him to a certain degree. But I don't think that Nuno has the gravitas to make Kane change his ways. In Kane's world he should be in Manchester working with Pep, so why should he listen to Nuno?

Harry still being here has ended up becoming a noose around Nuno's neck. Because if Harry doesn't care for Nuno then that will inevitably (or already has) spread to some of the other players in the squad. And the early good vibes that Nuno had created in pre-season are already gone as a result.

Not saying that Harry is the reason for the bad form. But if he is sulking around because he is stuck at Spurs then he is one factor in it. But at the same time we cannot just recruit a certain manager to appease Harry. The manager has to fit the squad as a whole.

I know, shocking.

Many of us suspect Sammy and NDom to be one and the same.
It’s a nice pretend side track from the fact we had a point all along, which you are now all one by one agreeing with, but you know it’s just not possible simply by reading the thread.

The thing is with some of you, you went too hard in on anyone criticising Kane, and now you just look, well pretty dumb.
Some of you called people gooners and trolls for their views. Now you agree with them while trying to pass it off as you’re own observations. Haha

How low ball is that?

Now everyone is waking up to the fact Kane was rushed back from injury too fast down the years. But at the time you claimed “KANE SHOULD NEVER BE DROPPED” and lauded every silly decision by Poch to take Kane to Preston away and use while 5-0 up, and to start him injured in the clubs biggest game in its history, and to play him 90 minutes even when 4-0 up and not have Janssen or Llorente a run out.

You wanted this, you got this.

What I do find tedious though is the way some of you feel you’re all out there by slating his performances now

Sorry, you’re about three years behind. You felt the longevity of the player and the benefit of the club came second to beating Vardy or Salah to the golden boot.

So enjoy your trophy and please creep back under your rocks, cowards to a man, who can only tell it how it is, now it’s accepted and the masses are saying the same thing.

You should have watched Kane, and not just Sissoko

It's almost like Kane started off this season knowing his best chance to win things had passed when he didn't get the transfer to City. Almost like he knew Spurs and England had blown any chances and his last chance relied on getting a transfer.

He'll soon shake that off though and start banging in the goals again making his critics look stupid like usual.

Definitely biggest personal crisis of his career, pressure will heap on after tonight that shocking effort before he went off was icing on a terrible performance.
But during the commentary Dixon said several times that he wasn’t getting any decent service leaving out the fact that he missed a sitter and dived a couple of times which the ref quite rightly didn’t buy!

Bench him for Sunday

The 0 service argument won't wash anymore. As a CF if the ball isn't coming in to you, that's not an excuse to hide from the game. Get stuck in to the central defenders, fight for every header and loose ball that you can, chase down everything. So many defenders/keepers say the most difficult player they've played against was Diego Costa, why? He didn't give you a moments peace.

You can't always expect the game to be going your way. Roll your damn sleeves up, you're meant to be the star player.
I know I’m going back but that’s exactly what Ian Rush used to do
Defend from the front

I definitely think that Kane doesn't respect or listen to Nuno. Obviously he respects him to a certain degree. But I don't think that Nuno has the gravitas to make Kane change his ways. In Kane's world he should be in Manchester working with Pep, so why should he listen to Nuno?

Harry still being here has ended up becoming a noose around Nuno's neck. Because if Harry doesn't care for Nuno then that will inevitably (or already has) spread to some of the other players in the squad. And the early good vibes that Nuno had created in pre-season are already gone as a result.

Not saying that Harry is the reason for the bad form. But if he is sulking around because he is stuck at Spurs then he is one factor in it. But at the same time we cannot just recruit a certain manager to appease Harry. The manager has to fit the squad as a whole.
What probably makes it worse is Levy interfering again which is why Nuno wouldn’t dare to drop him

Wind you neck in... It was a mistake.... There's no lie and no agenda.
Neck never out

You’re a liar who will say anything to suit your agenda and that clearly proved it even when you were wriggling about how many interviews he gave

Credibility now shot as if it wasn’t already

His effort in the second half when the ball sat up nicely to smash sum's up where he is at the moment. He completely miss timed it and shinned it miles wide. His lack of movement and seemingly not wanting to get into goal scoring positions is worrying too and also his lack of physical presence against CBs. All in all he's in desperate need of a few goals.

What probably makes it worse is Levy interfering again which is why Nuno wouldn’t dare to drop him
Interesting point - and a bit like Beckham at Utd, Bale at RM, Ronaldo, Messi - at what stage is the player bigger than the club? SAF could ditch Beckham because he was SAF; Zidane Bale for the same reason; Messi was - by all accounts - pretty much running Barca at times; Ronaldo did his best Ghaly when he was subbed the other week.

It takes a powerful coach to drop one of the best players in world / league / team - is Nuno that man? Whether it’s Levy’s influence or not, most of us probably wouldn’t drop him because he is, after all, Harry Kane and has a history of performing excellently. It’s the same reason many of us wanted a limping Bale walking up and down the wing last season- because we know what might happen.

Tricky place to be, in Nuno’s shoes…

His effort in the second half when the ball sat up nicely to smash sum's up where he is at the moment. He completely miss timed it and shinned it miles wide. His lack of movement and seemingly not wanting to get into goal scoring positions is worrying too and also his lack of physical presence against CBs. All in all he's in desperate need of a few goals.
He seems to be getting marked out of games too easily - perhaps he’s worried about his ankles with one eye on moving elsewhere? Seems to be a shadow.

Back
Top Bottom