Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Debatable. If he has it's certainly not by any great distance.

Got a few goals at the start of the season amid mediocre performances, but then that dried up (shockingly considering they were flapped in free kicks or a pot shot Ederson messed up) and now for months we've been left with completely nothing performances. Which nobody seems to be worried about because he signed a contract.

Kane has been better for the last 4-5 games than Son has, whilst still not being good. But he's the one who gets 99% of the blame, even when he scores a goal.

You think by repeating something that’s bullshit, it will become accepted as a truth.

Unfortunately for you, people watch the games

Yeah, when was Son's last competent game then?

Call it bullshit all you want, it's the truth. You think Son plays better because he runs faster and is more energetic, but in terms of actual match contributions he's done nothing for a long time. He's had a better season due to a strong start, but for a long run of games now he's been minimum as bad as Kane, arguably worse.

Yeah, when was Son's last competent game then?

Call it bullshit all you want, it's the truth. You think Son plays better because he runs faster and is more energetic, but in terms of actual match contributions he's done nothing for a long time. He's had a better season due to a strong start, but for a long run of games now he's been minimum as bad as Kane, arguably worse.
Sons been shit yet still 50 times better than Kane

Time to wake up. Kane has dragged down the players around him, not the other way around

You need elite players to play like that and that needs elite recruitment in order to attract those players. We don't have either.

But absolutely i'm totally against us being the 'Harry Kane' team or having any system that relies so heavily on 1 player.

We haven't even got another first-team striker in a system where we usually only play 1 striker. That's a sick joke.
Its not just about having elite players. Ten Hag and Potter have proved they have a way of coaching that can make the right players play attractive attacking football. I watched the City PSG game and the difference in coaching and philosophy between Guardiola and Poch was massive. Both managers have elite players but Guardiola has a gift in how he coached his players to play the way they do, they completely overwhelmed PSG with their passing, possession and movement. We know what Poch can do with a team, we know his great qualities, but Guardiola is totally on another level.

Totally agree though about not being reliant on one striker or one player.

Time to wake up. Kane has dragged down the players around him, not the other way around

He hasn't though. And it's nothing to do with 'those who watch football' because I've watched every Spurs game this season and I honestly don't think he's been any better than Kane for months. The last time he really got involved in a game on a regular basis was against Villa.

And it's funny how Kane drags us down, but not England. We play shite like Mura who are worse by far than Albania, Kane scores, but it's his fault we're shit. Kane bags a hat-trick vs Albania for England who as a team look great, and it doesn't count because flat track. Son plays two games against UAE and Iraq for Korea, scores only one goal (a penalty) so why isn't he flat tracking?

They're both bang out of form, but one is at least scoring goals against shit sides, the other one isn't doing shit all against anybody.

Please explain, thoroughly, how Son has been 50 times better than Kane this season. I want full supporting statistics provided, and a lengthy detailed explanation on how you reached that conclusion, with supporting statements. I would also appreciate an annexe or footnote explaining in general terms, what '50 times better' actually looks like and how that is defined.

We'll await your dissertation with interest. Well...we'll await it.

Please explain, thoroughly, how Son has been 50 times better than Kane this season. I want full supporting statistics provided, and a lengthy detailed explanation on how you reached that conclusion, with supporting statements. I would also appreciate an annexe or footnote explaining in general terms, what '50 times better' actually looks like and how that is defined.

We'll await your dissertation with interest. Well...we'll await it.

By looking like an off form footballer……. as opposed to some geezer from the pub who walked passed the playground on his way home, and a loose ball rolled his way, and all the kids shouted “mate! mate!” and he trundled over to the ball and toe punted it 4 times at the fence before finally picking it up and lobbing it back to them with a safe underarm throw

He hasn't though. And it's nothing to do with 'those who watch football' because I've watched every Spurs game this season and I honestly don't think he's been any better than Kane for months. The last time he really got involved in a game on a regular basis was against Villa.

And it's funny how Kane drags us down, but not England. We play shite like Mura who are worse by far than Albania, Kane scores, but it's his fault we're shit. Kane bags a hat-trick vs Albania for England who as a team look great, and it doesn't count because flat track. Son plays two games against UAE and Iraq for Korea, scores only one goal (a penalty) so why isn't he flat tracking?

They're both bang out of form, but one is at least scoring goals against shit sides, the other one isn't doing shit all against anybody.
Sons poor
Kane is utterly shit

By looking like an off form footballer……. as opposed to some geezer from the pub who walked passed the playground on his way home, and a loose ball rolled his way, and all the kids shouted “mate! mate!” and he trundled over to the ball and toe punted 4 times at the fence before finally picking it up and lobbing it back to them with a safe underarm throw

That's not a detailed analysis backed up with stats. That is a childishly-written opinion piece that wouldn't get published in the beano, let alone get taken seriously by its target audience.

Do better. I expect facts, stats, supporting statements etc.

That's not a detailed analysis backed up with stats. That is a childishly-written opinion piece that wouldn't get published in the beano, let alone get taken seriously by its target audience.

Do better. I expect facts, stats, supporting statements etc.
I should t need to give you facts.
Other than one.

Kane is fucking shit

By looking like an off form footballer……. as opposed to some geezer from the pub who walked passed the playground on his way home, and a loose ball rolled his way, and all the kids shouted “mate! mate!” and he trundled over to the ball and toe punted 4 times at the fence before finally picking it up and lobbing it back to them with a safe underarm throw

Yeah except this is rubbish.

Kane's shown plenty of technical quality, multiple world class passes for one. His goal against Mura was pure technical ability, same with the one vs Newcastle. Against Leeds there were numerous times he looked sharp. For the most part he's looked clumsy and off it, but it's still obvious he has quality.

Son's ran past a few people at times. That's what you really mean. He's quicker and more energetic, but has shown if anything less technical quality than Kane has for months. Hasn't played one great pass or had a decent effort on goal. At all.

I should t need to give you facts.
Other than one.

Kane is fucking shit

shouldn't*.

You saying Kane is fucking shit does not back up your argument that Son is 50 times better.

I'm giving you the chance to explain yourself thoroughly. I promise I'll read your dissertation. But I am starting to suspect that you may be trolling.

You clearly don’t watch Spurs if you think Kane will score 20-30 goals this season

“But Son” just isn’t an argument anymore.

You’re like that moron with the trumpet on the Titanic.

It's only not an argument because it doesn't fit in with your weird agenda.

Son was worse than Kane last night because he didn't produce one single moment of quality. Kane did. Yet the usual morons give Kane loads of shit but say absolutely nothing about Asia's finest Luvf's toyboy, as usual.

It's only not an argument because it doesn't fit in with your weird agenda.

Son was worse than Kane last night because he didn't produce one single moment of quality. Kane did. Yet the usual morons give Kane loads of shit but say absolutely nothing about Asia's finest Luvf's toyboy, as usual.

He was on the pitch for less than half the time that Kane was.. but i would say he did produce 2 good moments. That nice run that led to him shooting and gave us a corner, and the other being the nice corner that left it on the plate for Kane.. who should have scored tbh.

Sons poor
Kane is utterly shit

Nah, they've both been utterly shit and playing at a completely unacceptable level for months. Poor doesn't cover the kind of performances we've been seeing from Son, not even slightly.

Son was utter shit vs Leeds, Everton, United and West Ham. He was far worse than Kane vs Newcastle but got a goal. Before that he was having a significantly better season, but now for a long while has been playing at the exact same level or worse.

Son scores vs Vitesse, gets poor performance ignored. Kane scores vs Mura, this thread gets bumped because he had a bad game. They're both being judged by completely different standards because Son didn't pull the summer transfer nonsense.

He was on the pitch for less than half the time that Kane was.. but i would say he did produce 2 good moments. That nice run that led to him shooting and gave us a corner, and the other being the nice corner that left it on the plate for Kane.. who should have scored tbh.

Still not good enough for someone rated as a living God compared to Harry, who is now often compared by some to Kevin Ellison.

Back
Top Bottom