Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still not good enough for someone rated as a living God compared to Harry, who is now often compared by some to Kevin Ellison.
Both have been poor, but I've not seen Son play as poorly as Kane did in that first half last night. Much of the reason the game took on such a poor shape for us was that Kane miscontrolled every ball played to him.

Both have been poor, but I've not seen Son play as poorly as Kane did in that first half last night. Much of the reason the game took on such a poor shape for us was that Kane miscontrolled every ball played to him.

He still scored our only goal though. He has 8 from 18 this season and Son 5 from 15. Let's not forgot one is supposedly not even trying at all according to many. So make of that what you will.

This season, BOTH have been shite. But only one gets a load of shit for it.

You clearly don’t watch Spurs if you think Kane will score 20-30 goals this season

“But Son” just isn’t an argument anymore.

You’re like that moron with the trumpet on the Titanic.
1/3 of the way through the season, he's scored 8 goals, in what is widely acknowledged to be a poor start, so I'd say 20-30 goals this season is more likely than not.

I'm assuming you don't only mean in the Premiership, or you'd have said so. As far as Premiership goals are concerned, he's well on track to get at least 3, possibly more.

Both of them are absolute shadows of their former selves at the moment.

To me Kane looks to have lost more than a yard of pace. Maybe even two.

Still has that goal scorers instinct obviously but his body looks to have hit a wall at some point over the last 12 months. Let's be clear, he was dreadful in the euros and towards the end of last season. The performances we were seeing from him at the euros which had all sorts of people calling for him to be dropped are exactly what we've seen from him at the start of the season. Slow, ineffective and clumsy. The goals he's scored this season have been against teams that are barely professional.

Son has been in shite form for the best part of 12 months too.

That said, I'm sure both would look less shit with something resembling a midfield behind them.

He still scored our only goal though. He has 8 from 18 this season and Son 5 from 15. Let's not forgot one is supposedly not even trying at all according to many. So make of that what you will.

Mate, Kane lost the ball 23 times last night to Mura. He’s been fucking atrocious as a player this season.

And I’ll repost the following. We still have gotten good results without Kane. Without Son, we just look like garbage and our results show that. Even yesterday, we couldn’t do anything until Son and Lucas came on. We looked like a non threat without Son.

1/3 of the way through the season, he's scored 8 goals, in what is widely acknowledged to be a poor start, so I'd say 20-30 goals this season is more likely than not.

I'm assuming you don't only mean in the Premiership, or you'd have said so. As far as Premiership goals are concerned, he's well on track to get at least 3, possibly more.
You do realise that for Kane to score in the Farmers Cup we need to be in the Farmers Cup

He has one game to score 16 goals, then the rest on the domestics as long as we get Reading and Luton

Then year 30 is possible

Nah, they've both been utterly shit and playing at a completely unacceptable level for months. Poor doesn't cover the kind of performances we've been seeing from Son, not even slightly.

Son was utter shit vs Leeds, Everton, United and West Ham. He was far worse than Kane vs Newcastle but got a goal. Before that he was having a significantly better season, but now for a long while has been playing at the exact same level or worse.

Son scores vs Vitesse, gets poor performance ignored. Kane scores vs Mura, this thread gets bumped because he had a bad game. They're both being judged by completely different standards because Son didn't pull the summer transfer nonsense.
Nope
Kane is utterly atrocious
Son is poor

Mate, Kane lost the ball 23 times last night to Mura. He’s been fucking atrocious as a player this season.

And I’ll repost the following. We still have gotten good results without Kane. Without Son, we just look like garbage and our results show that. Even yesterday, we couldn’t do anything until Son and Lucas came on. We looked like a non threat without Son.
But he got 11 assists 14 months ago

I'd agree with that. I don't hold Son to the same standard I do Kane because he's never been a word class player. The version of Kane we saw in the first half last night is League 1 standard, it's just a unacceptable level of performance for someone of his ability.

In fairness mate there's an obvious reason for that. If Kane hadn't of done what he did in the Summer alot more of us would be backing him. I personally cannot stand the guy after all that bullshit.

Kane got found out
Defenders aren’t worried about someone who cant run or turn

He looks like the striker equivalent of the last days of Ledley
Bingo - no one is scared of him anymore. He doesn’t change the game in any meaningful way. Yeah he can score your odd goal here and there against shit opposition when he gets enough chances but Vinny did do the exact same thing last season.

There’s a reason why we win without Kane.

When Son doesn’t play, we just look like shit and can’t get any sort of result or buy a goal. They’re not even comparable at this point.

Sell ASAP and move on from tbere

Moura had more of an impact than Son.

Son flatters to deceive far too much these days for someone that rarely gets any criticism. Not that I put the blame entirely on him. He's playing in a very average team, and both him and Harry would look miles better with actual quality around them.

Harry Kane is Spurs top scorer this season.
He has scored 8 goals in his last 4 games.
It is supposed to be easy to score against "farmers" but it is only Harry that finds it easy.
He has scored 6 ECL goals. No other player has scored more than 1.
In 2020 Harry Kane failed to score a single goal for England.
In 2021 (you know, the year we are actually living in, not the past) he scored a record 16 goals for England.
Form is temporary, (world) class is permanent.

Moura had more of an impact than Son.

Son flatters to deceive far too much these days for someone that rarely gets any criticism. Not that I put the blame entirely on him. He's playing in a very average team, and both him and Harry would look miles better with actual quality around them.
As I said, look back at the games when Kane started but Son didn’t play:
  • 3-0 loss to Palace
  • Knocked out by Dynamo in Europa in a 3-0 defeat
  • Couldn't score a goal against Burnley in EFL until Son came on
  • Couldn't score a goal against Mura until Son came on yesterday
  • Draw to French farmers Rennes
All games, Kane started. We are literally shit without Son.

Moura is also having more and more of a impact

Last edited:
Harry Kane is Spurs top scorer this season.
He has scored 8 goals in his last 4 games.
It is supposed to be easy to score against "farmers" but it is only Harry that finds it easy.
He has scored 6 ECL goals. No other player has scored more than 1.
In 2020 Harry Kane failed to score a single goal for England.
In 2021 (you know, the year we are actually living in, not the past) he scored a record 16 goals for England.
Form is temporary, (world) class is permanent.
No one is buying that shit anymore.

Kane is shit. Losing the ball 23 times to Mura is the embodiment of how shit he’s become.

Back
Top Bottom