Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The #1 priority for us is to sell Kane this Jan or next summer if there are any suitors.

He’s done as a prolific striker for us and probably most teams in the PL. The amount of service he needs to be effective just isn’t feasible for us or 18 teams in the PL.

If we can’t sell him, it’s worth a shot trying to play him as a #10, focusing on distribution, but my hunch is that he’s just not going to be up for it as he wants those individual goal records.

For me there’s better options.
Even playing Kane deep will eventually catch up with us.
He can play a decent ball against Brentford and Mura, but try that against West Ham or Chelsea in a high intensity derby……doesn’t work, the games are passing him by

I agree. Skipp was my MOTM. Son gave his best performance for a while. Kane played well but should have scored. Would give Skipp and Son an 8 and Harry a very solid 7 this evening.
Completely agree. Kane is certainly still playing within himself and bottling challenges. He used to dominate defenders with those flick ons. But he played well and on another night would have had a goal and a couple of assists.

It’s not though is it.
He’s played 11 full PL games had 27 shots and scored one goal and missed 5 big chances

That’s not top class, he has had chances and fluffed them, like he did last night

Vardy has scored 9 from 34 yet also missed 5 big chances

There comes a time when you have to just say, Kane isn’t scoring enough of the chances he does get.
Can't argue with this he hasn't been been good enough this season he should of buried that chance yesterday. Hopefully he gets his shooting boots on soon

It’s not though is it.

Yes, it is. You can point out the 11 games this season, most under Nuno, but I can point to the entire calendar year for an indication of whether or not he's 'still got it'.

In 2021 he scored 15 league goals, and 16 international goals. Throwing in 10 more goals coming in cups and Europe, he's scored 41 goals for club and country. By contrast, Mo Salah has 36.

He's just been crap for us this current season, as the entire team has been.

We've just got to get him back into form.

Last edited:
Yes, it is. You can point out the 11 games this season, most under Nuno, but I can point to the entire calendar year for an indication of whether or not he's 'still got it'.

In 2021 he scored 15 league goals, and 16 international goals. Throwing in 10 more goals coming in cups and Europe, he's scored 41 goals for club and country.

The San Marino and Albania and Intetoto Farmer League goals in the mix now as conclusive proof that he still has it.

The San Marino and Albania and Intetoto Farmer League goals in the mix now as conclusive proof that he still has it.

You can't tell me that someone with 41 calendar goals is not still good at finishing, especially when this would be higher in any normal league season.

I don't know mate - I just think that if Kane just really focused on being a distributor, he'd be very good at it. We're seeing glimpses here and there of what's possible but I feel like he's being hindered in some ways because he's still trying to be a #9. He's just much more valuable to us as a player that solely focuses on distribution. He's not the #9 we need right now.

Or... if we could just sell him in January/next summer that'd be good as well but looks less and less likely every game.
Nowadays he is absolutely useless when hes the furthest forward player especially as he lacks any speed. His holdup play has gone to the shitter as well because his strength seems to have declined as well and gets bumped off the ball easily. Persisting to be a 9 is not helping anyone.

As for selling him, I doubt any team is going to pay more than what was offered in the summer. It will be considerably less if they are even any buyers at all .

In 2021 he scored 15 league goals, and 16 international goals. Throwing in 10 more goals coming in cups and Europe, he's scored 41 goals for club and country. By contrast, Mo Salah has 36.

Considering most of the goals from Kane's 41 are against shit national teams and shit conference league teams , you are just clutching at nothing.

Considering most of the goals from Kane's 41 are against shit national teams and shit conference league teams , you are just clutching at nothing.

Tell yourself whatever you like, but you can't tell me someone who finds the net 41 times in a year is bad at finishing.

In any other season (i.e. not under awful Nuno) he'd have 7 league goals by now. Take those in exchange for his 'fortuitous' hauls against San Marino etc.

Yeah because it suits you to do so

Kane being toilet between August and December doesn’t mean he’s “still got it” because he scored last February

Kane's passing range is exceptional. His form in front of goal though is very poor considering the standards he has set. Hard to not come to the conclusion that the whole transfer saga really got to him as he's looked pretty wank for most of the season.

Back
Top Bottom